Italian Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Djfunkmasterg
Ok make it said that italian horror is the shit...

Do any of you tards know anything about it?

zombieman
Yes, Dario Argento is a genius as is Lucio Fulci. Suspiria is one of my all time favorite horror films.

Cinemaddiction
Genius is stretching it.

Italian horror flicks are usually the innovators of the best gore outside of Tom Savini's workshop, but they are as dull, storywise, as modern American horror.

BackFire
Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci are both geniuses in their own right, as is Roggero Deodato. They are all masters of what they do, Lucio is the king of gore (sorry to all you savini fans, but go watch zombie or The Beyond, not only is the gore done extremely well for a low budget film, but the ideas of some of the death scenes are brilliant). All of his films pretty much rely on gore, but they still manage to be interesting and original for the most part. He never over uses gore, he has it spaced out pretty sparingly usually, it's at a good pace. His fetish with eyeballs is obvious in his films. My favorite death scene of all time is in one of his movies (the now infamous Eye Splinter scene, pure gold).

Dario Argento has a very unique eye for horror films. He presents gore and horrible images in general with extreme beauty rather then distaste and disgust. His films are artful and interesting, while having some outstanding gore and originality.

Roggero Deodato showed his brilliance in the glaringly original Cannibal Holocaust, which had the best social commentery this side of a George Romero zombie flick. It was essentially the same primary statement as a Romero film, but it was still quite poignient and had a fresh twist. He was also a master of gore, and he wasn't afraid to push the boudaries in his film in order to disturb teh viewer.

SlipknoT
laughing I love the word Tard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.