Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
i think this is by far Batman's best animated film. i loved it when i was younger and i own the DVD now. who else liked this movie? i thought the Joker was excellent and it has bundles of twists.

ScarletSpider
It is a great movie. Haven't seen it in awhile though, mayhap I should buy it.

Linkalicious
I liked it a lot more than the movie involving Mr. Freeze. It was a really good animated movie for what it was worth...

Alpha Centauri
Joker is quite funny in it. Great story too.

-AC

Punkyhermy
This film is an epic by all standards. It displays the essense of what Batman truely is about. It was the embodiment of the perfect batman film. There is really nothing to count against it except the animation. It isn't bad, just not the best out there but that really isn't any of my concern.What holds the film together is the sharp dialouge, memorable characters, artistic direction and thought that has been put to make the film.
Andrea Beaumont, is by far the BEST animated character I have ever had teh pleasure of seeing on screen.Wow. Brilliant Dana Delany has gotten her dead on. Just amazing. The joker was fantastic.Horribly funny and entertaining.
Bruce Wayne has himself really fleshed out in this film. His best scene has to be the one where in front of his parent's graves where he kneels down, angts ridden and says, "Please, tell me it's gonna be okay..."
And Andrea appears, "Maybe they already have.Maybe they sent me.They embrace in the rain.

To make a long story short: THIS IS WHAT BATMAN'S ALL ABOUT.

Punkyhermy
I just watched that scene again right now...CLASSSIC!!!!

Into the Void
Don't double post. One rant is more than enough from you.

Great animated movie, but I've seen better. When does the new Batman cartoon come out?

Punkyhermy
this fall...

Into the Void
Well, from what I've seen, it looks awesome. The animation looks so much better, and he looks even darker, if that's even possible.

Joker1237
I dont like the way Joker looks in the new cartoon.

As for the movie, Yes it is the best Batman animation cartoon, almost up there with Batman89.
After that SubZero(no not Mortal Kombat lol) was a good 2nd(But got degraded because it came out the same year as Batman and Robin did, Subzero was way better than Batman and Robin).

Than maybe the Batman Superman movie, I like the story line, the only bad thing about it was Joker had no lips and eyes, but he was crazy just right for my taste.

ROTJ comes in last, because its BB.

Punkyhermy
Ever had the feeling when u like something so much but can't put it to words?!I want to write a real cool review, something that serves justice to this awesome flick...but can't!

Into the Void
I think that's called being "Mentally Impaired"

Mane
hahaahahahaha!

TheFilmProphet
It was the greatest Batman animated film ever made. It was released in theatres but didn't make much money for some reason.

Shadow_King
i think that batam phantasm was the best batman movie ever in batman franchise. cuz this always felt like to me a batman movie. and plus it had good characters. and also it had the woman who was meant for bruce wayne.

1.batman phantasm
2.batman
3.bat returns

Paola
moving to Batman forum...

Shadow_King
good.

manjaro
whats the synopsis of the new bats cartoon coming out this fall. shey showed a preview early in feb./ march some where 'round there but i didnt get up early enough to see it(sigh)

and uummm when does fall officially begin

Shadow_King
maybe you should have asked this in the batman cartoon.

Symbiotespidey
i really liked that movie, but the best batman movie was the first with michael keaton

Punkyhermy
I'm afraid I have to disagree...

Shadow_King
yea BOFTP is the best bats movie.

Gregory
The Keaton movies are growing on me, but I still like Mask of the Phantasm better.

Punkyhermy
Keaton was a short, hoarse whispering batman...

TheFilmProphet
I still like Mask Of The Phantasm but more important the cartoon show that it came from.

Shadow_King
the batman cartoon was the best DC cartoon i have seen it was way better than superman and batman beyond.

Joker1237
Superman was ok, BB suck. I always did loved the challage of the Superfreinds lol.

Redwards1024
WHAT ABOUT , BATMAN : MYSETERY OF THE BATWOMAN!? embarrasment
was THAT any good!? hee hee, reminded me of charlies angels. BUT ....thats just me.

Punkyhermy
i LOVED mystery of the batwoman!
Nothing tradgic or gothic, yet very amusing and...fun!
so it was alittle on the light side?Big deal!
I love it!

Joker1237
IT was "ok" and I being fair to it, It was not that great, Even ROTJ was better than Mysetery of the Batwoman, IT seem to lose some of the Darkness in the middle of the movie, I did like Bane, and the end was funny. But It ranks low, I give it props for being better than Batman and Robin. lol

MOTP 1
SUBZERO2
Batman Superman movie number 3
ROTJ, 4
And than Mysetery of Batwoman, not that good compare to these above it.

Punkyhermy
oh subzero i scomming on tonight on HBOFM!

Darth Jello
have any of you seen the uncensored return of the joker? -btw, come up with a new acronym, ROTJ is star wars episode VI

Joker1237
I do have Mask of the Phantasm on DVD, Its a great movie and all. BUT the special features kind of suck as they have nothing but a Theatrical Trailer.

Punkyhermy
i know..
oh i saw zubzero!
it was so cool!
barb really impressed me!

Mr Zero
Phantasm blew me away when i saw it first. I'm a hard nut to convince when it comes to introducing new women into the wayne/bat mythos but they handled this story to perfection. Perhaps not the pinnacle of the whole animated bat series, but pretty damn close.

(as to Mystery of the Batwoman - did anyone else rate the silent short film on the DVD "Chase Me"- that was some fine bat/cat related goodness...)

shaber
Yes, on Sky Digital, but the video recorder wasn't working ranting

Punkyhermy
Phantasm.... ROCKS!!!!

Joker1237
I like Chase me, IT was a good short, lol, But I do like the old Catwoman better though, the blond hair one, she look more human in one way or other. But Chase me was better than the feature film on the DVD imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.