Young Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superboriqua
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0407/25/youngavenger.htm

ScarletSpider
If they're not what we think, then what are they?!

superboriqua
hopefully they're not just young versions of steve rogers , bruce banner , tony stark and thor.but I think thats what its gonna be . I f you have the avengers #500 the last page has an ad for upcoming stories and it says "early avengers adventures

Magee
wow. That looks quite interesting. lol hulk looks like one bad punk ass *****.

Thats an idea actualy. Maybe in a few years Marvel could bring out a range of comics with the superheros being kids. That would be cool. Cant wait for Young Avengers.

ScarletSpider
The "Early Avengers Adventures" is actually going to be an Avengers Year One type thing, and is not related to Young Avengers.

ScarletSpider
It won't be young versions of our heroes. I mean they will be inspired by Avengers, but it's not like they're going to be High School Adventure Avengers, with Cap worrying about if he can mow enough lawns to buy Wanda a ticket to the school dance. They're new, with others that we know coming into it, they're just younger and looking to the previous generation for inspiration.

Here's a pic of young Cap from Wizard. Looks cool, very 40's hero ish and military like.

Mane
i think Hulk looks the coolest. those rings on his ear accent his anger.

ScarletSpider
The Hulk does look cool. I was just happy to see that the young Cap wannabe didn't have a uniform exactly, or even mostly like Cap's.

Mane
i like the Invaders Cap uniform

ScarletSpider
Me too. I thinkt he Helmet looked kind of weird at first, but that was just Kolins' art. I don't mind if they keep the Cap colors, but I'd rather they go to more of a USAgent design layout, with the horizontal bars and the star on the right side of the chest. Too many Cap's recently.

Mane
yeah. US Agent is awesome looking.

DarkCrawler
This might be good. The art looks cool. Don't know about the story...

ScarletSpider
So far, all we know is that it's a group of Young Heroes that appears a week after Avengers Disassembled ends and before the "New Avengers" appear. I'm guessing in an almost Thunderboltian kind of way, they step up to the plate to protect people when the original heroes are gone, except they don't have a hidden agenda of being villains in disguise.

Jessica Jones will be a supporting member in the books, so any Alias/Pulse fans should be happy about that.

DarkCrawler
What do you think about their powers? How would etc. The "young Hulk" get his powers? Would he be a mutant or something like that?

ScarletSpider
We're probably going to just wait and find out. In Hulk's history, there are sure to be enough places where a new character could concievable be created. How many times have there been issues about mass gamma radiation or nuclear bombings in Hulk stories? What if in one, due to a genetic fluke, a boy gained Hulk like powers?

Young Iron Man could some sort of Stark robot machinery that gained sentience. Or someone in new armor.

Kid Cap might just be a costumed athlete, or a minor mutant along the lines of Ricochet or something.

For Thor...I have no idea. Unless the image spans out and we get Thorgirl, whatever happened to her? Hm. I doubt that though. Mayhap Thor had an affair with a young mortal temptress at some point, or could it be Thor himself reborn from the cycle of the gods?

DarkCrawler
Good ideas.

ScarletSpider
Of course they are, because they're mine!

If the "Iron Man" is linked to Stark, and it is a robot...well in Avengers 501 we see a crate of Vision parts being shipped to a Stark-Fujikawa lab....

ScarletSpider
Hey mister! Didjasee? Didjasee?!

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3719

Massive preview. Stuff looks great. Love Cheungs art, and Heinberg's scripting is pretty good so far.

ScarletSpider
So it's finally out. What did you think? I was actually surprised. It was pretty good, the art is great! Cheung's certainly grown a lot from what I last saw of him...waaaaaay back in Force Works.

So um...discuss!

DarkCrawler
Yeah, the art is good. Merge this thread with mine.

DarkCrawler
http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews/3719/3719_4.jpg

Interesting.

Milehighcomics has more pages from the comic, btw.

DarkCrawler
So, Iron Lad isa young Kang the Conqueror.

And Cassie Lang is going to be an Young Avenger too.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/031605/yav2cvr.html

Your thoughts?

SnakeEyes
I do not really know who Kang the Conquerer is... Anyone care to fill me in?

Draco69
Interesting book. Love the cliffhanger. Lots of mystery. This team has a lot of potential. Wish they'd add a girl though.

ScarletSpider
Two are coming up. Spoilers below....

Cassie Lang, Scott Lang (Ant-Man II, who died in disassembeled) is going to seek out the Young Avengers in issue 2. She goes to the mansion to try and find them and take her fathers affects. Then something pisses her off and...she grows into a giant! That girl that the Young Avengers "saved" in the first issue at the Wedding, who ended up taking one of Patriot's stars and beating the guy up, goes with Cassie, I think, seeking out the YA to join them. Her dad's a big millionaire guy, I think, so no telling what kind of powers he could buy her.

Ironman
iron lad? wtf so its not ummmm s@@@t@@@a@@@r@@@k i did that so people cant say thanks for reuing it. Whats up with that, and why does he look like silver centurion

ScarletSpider
Iron Lad's pretty sweet, I think. Did anyone see what happened to his armor in the last few pages of issue 5? Vizh is back, baby!

ScarletSpider
Cover to issue 9.

New look/costume for Hulking is cool, love the scales and claws, kind of blending some Abomination-esque looks with his current form.

Patriot's updated suit looks good, though I preferred his previous full head mask. Although now people can see he's African American, which could create some interesting problems, maybe the public will learn about Isaiah, and Josiah X will drop by for a visit (though that's unlikely. Anything Priest does has to be ignored, seemingly).

Nice suit for the weapons girl, though I wish she'd kept her Mockingbird mask.

Vision!

I kind of want Cassie to get her father's helmet, towards the end Scott was making controlling ants and other insects/arachnids a really cool, useful power.

Lord-of-Dreams
'd you find that sweet lime pick, homey? That's a sweet bunch of clothes, dog! Snap!! I like Hulklking's powers kinda, I just hope he stays the way he is, and not become Beastboy 2 or 'the revenger of morph' And hopefully they'll buff up minicap. He's had his butt wupped a few too many times for my taste. First time was a must, for the new chick who's now looking like mrs. isiah future, but after that... he's done nothing. I mean, issue two. He gets shot off the car. WTF!!!! Man... But my man Asgardian is too pimped, man!! Damn spell casting... electrecuting people... but he's gay... I don't really feel that...

Scoobless
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I do not really know who Kang the Conquerer is... Anyone care to fill me in?

how can you not know who Kang is???? he took up almost a full year worth of Avengers comics a couple of years ago...Damocles Base? the Triune Understanding, Lord Templar? any of that sound familiar?.... he took over the friggin' world!

Kang is a time travelling conqueror, he's conquered so many world in so many time periods that it's not even funny.... he has access to all the best tech you can get when you can go thousands of years into the future

he's one of the top villains in Marvel.... i think he's a descendant of Doom

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/cmarvel/afvillains.html

http://www.georgeperezgallery.com/images/A/Avengers_Forever1a-Kang.jpg

ScarletSpider
That wasn't the important scene. The scene after where he gets back up, unfazed was. I think he'll become pretty kickass.

Yeah, Hulking and Asgardian are gay. Oh well, such is life, I have no problem with the gay community.

Lord-of-Dreams
I know that it wasn't an important scene, it just annoyed me. I mean, what kind of Cap-lite would let himself get shot off a car? You know? He's supposed to be a hero, after all!!!!
Is he really a descendent of Doom, Scoob? Cuz wouldn't that also make Ironman a descendent of Doom as well????? That would be SICK!!!
Yo I can't wait to find out more about our two new pervs!! I want to know what makes Hulkling Hulkling. Was Asg. kicked out of Asg.???? I WANT TO KNOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!! (also: are they really gay?)

Mainstream
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
That wasn't the important scene. The scene after where he gets back up, unfazed was. I think he'll become pretty kickass.

Yeah, Hulking and Asgardian are gay. Oh well, such is life, I have no problem with the gay community.

Asgardian is really Vision.

ScarletSpider
Isn't it Iron Lad's armor that has the Vision's memories and crap in it?

Asgardian is a spell caster.

Hulkling is a changeling.

How they got those powers, and if they are truly related to their original monikers is beyond us at the moment.

Mainstream
Asgardian is a talking toaster who was married to magneto crazy ass daughter

ScarletSpider
Well, he's a Young Avenger. He's still learning, and that's the emphasis of the book, that they're young and still learning. With the proper training, I think he'll end up being pretty badass.

DarkCrawler
I did like his old mask better...

Mainstream
I like teen Cap he is the shizzle fo dizzle wickedph

Blair Wind
anymore info on these guys?

Mainstream
Originally posted by Blair Wind
anymore info on these guys?

peep this homey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Avengers

Blair Wind
thanks!!

Mainstream
Originally posted by Blair Wind
thanks!!

no prob I looks out for m'homies wickedph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.