Darth Sidious Lightsaber Like It Or Hate It?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J-Unit
Those Who Have Seen The Lightsaber Of Darth Sidious What Do You All Think Of It?

J-Unit
Here It Is

Darth Ravenous
it looks alright, looks more like a defender hilt , im guessing he doesint use it much

Ghetto Goblin
one handed combat, possibly more maneuvering, and uses his other hand for force lightning.

moonwalker741
heres the finished one

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/5786/sidious.jpg

Mortanius
It's OK. Kind of simple, but not as flashy as the Count's. Sidious probably doesn't need a flashy one anyway.

jedi90
looks more like a fancy door handle. i was expecting something a little darker. oh well.

J-Unit
I Kinda Like It It Fits With Him. The Lightsaber Lokes Like An Ancient Sith Lightsaber

Jedi Priestess
I am gonna be the odd woman out here and say Id rather not even see him use one.........I'd like to think his powers went far beyond a lightsaber therefore he'd have no use for one. But thats just my preference.

J-Unit
It Might Be True JP

Master Kadub
Women.....i swear Priestess....
anyway.....I have to agree with J-Unit, it does have the appearance of a ancient Sith Saber.....the polished handle....i can deal with it, especially since it will be the only time we will see it.....

cavola
i just dont like it ; besides wouldnt a Jedi feel that he has a Light saber under his cloak? or would he be hiding it in his office ?

ASSMAN
The lightsaber looks a little small and it kinda looks more cheap compared to the other lightsabers, looks like plastic more than metal.

Jedi Priestess
hey HEY! laughing out loud

master zed
why is sidious lightsaber so big,it should be the same as the others

darktim1
it does'nt matter size of it it is how he uses it when he turns the lightsaber on for now may force be with you.

The Tater
I agree. This is also how I felt about Yoda using a lightsaber.

Mortanius
It's the last movie so nothing can be held back!

Sith Master X
I love Sidious' saber!!

Jedi Priestess
ooooooooooo ME TOO! I would have preferred to see Dooku and Yoda duke it out without lightsabers. eek!

Mortanius
My guitar teacher told me a long time ago that Lucas envisioned that some of the Jedi were so alien that they didn't even have arms. They used the force to wield their light saber-like weapons. Imagine Jedi fighting like that!

PVS
i think sidious' light saber is a clue to just how old he is.
i don't buy into the theory that palps is just another force user gone bad.
there has to be more to him. i bet he's older than yoda. i would also bet that
he personally tasted justice from the jedi when the sith were "extinct".

whether he is that old, or a reincarnation, or conceived by the darkside,
i am quite confident that we will find out in ep3 that there is much more to palps than we have been led to beleive.

Master Kadub
PVS,

Great insight, but i continue to explain this part of the theory also; people complain and say the EU is irrelevant and i beg to differ. GL okays what they can and cant write about so that is what makes it relevant and now that he has another opportunity to use some EU stuff to explain the Sith i think we will find that Palpatine was trained by one of those EU sith lords and has been in hiding and training possible apprentices over the centuries......and the lightsaber is probably a clue as to how old he is....

J-Unit
What Color Do You Think It Will Have?

PVS
probably red, if not i highly doubt that it would match a jedi color.
who knows?
maybe black smile

J-Unit
hahaha good suggestion wink

cavola
Yellow ? anyone ?

Jedi Priestess
can't be black as black is the absence of lught and a lightsaber produces s haft of light energy from the crystal. messed

PVS
"can't be black as black is the absence of lught and a lightsaber produces s haft of light energy from the crystal."

omg, are we going to have a lightsaber physics arguement big grin
because that would leave me feeling really pathetic.

i picture the scene of hell in hellraiser 2, when the center figure "leviathan" let off a kinda black spotlight. so it is possible to portray in a well lit room.

but i was only f'n around anyway JP messed

PVS
anyway, it would be a nice rumor to start, to get all the suckersbig grin

hook, line, and sinker

J-Unit
i think yellow would be nice i agree with cavola

PVS
eeeh i dunno about yellow.

i think red would suffice, being traditional sith color and all.
wasn't yoda's saber supposed to be yellow at first?

J-Unit
Don't know but i also heard it before

J-Unit
I Hope It Will Not Be So Much CG If The Yoda Sidious Fight Will Be Confirmed

Ken Benobi
yellow might be kinda cool, plus it would match Palpatine's evil eyes

PVS
"I Hope It Will Not Be So Much CG If The Yoda Sidious Fight Will Be Confirmed"

lol how can it not be?

how can you make a puppet and an old man have an exciting duel?
hell, that one scene where i PRAY for CG

PVS
i think his saber should be pink.
palpatine is gay, thats the big surprise of ep3

obiwan: vader was seduced by the dark side.

seduced you say? i bet he was...say no more...wink wink...nudge nudge...

J-Unit
No I Meant Not To Cheap CG As In Episode II

Ken Benobi
laughing out loud laughing PVS

cavola
why not ?

do you know why the light from the Lightsaber stops about 1 metre and does not keep going on for miles ?

PVS
and do you know why in SW there is fire and sound in space?
and why han leah and chewie are able to survive outside the MF in ESB
on that asteroid? since when does and asteroid have an atmosphere?

starwars+science=oil+water

PVS

Havoc X
ever heard of a black light

PVS
black light isnt black, its purple...well ultra violet if you want to get technical.

damn did i spark a dumb rumor? stick out tongue

i can see the supershadow site now:
"it has been confirmed that palpatine will have a black lightsaber, after repeated suggesting to GL from myself."

Havoc X
but it is a black light regardles of the color it emits
the light is black

PVS
are you joking?
a blacklight is purple my friend.

EDIT: misread your reply
the light SOURCE is purple, and thats what matters

it doesnt matter anyway, i just thought it was a cool thought.
i think it is very possible to pull it off on film.
but i know it wont happen. just having fun here

Havoc X
same here
besides sidiouses lightsabre is red
and red is not just a sith color for a lightsabre
members of the jedi council used red lightsabre in EI
Adi Gallia
Depa Billaba
Even Peill
to name a few and luke and leia used red lightsabres as well

darth_surgent
Hilarious! Nice job! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

J-Unit
That Is EU Man

darth_surgent
Hilarious! Nice job! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Havoc X
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PVS
i can see the supershadow site now:
"it has been confirmed that palpatine will have a black lightsaber, after repeated suggesting to GL from myself."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hilarious! Nice job!

that is a lie if i ever heard one
ss has to be the biggest liar on the planet

nigeyo2000
I ilke it......

might be a reddy yellow colour

or most probably just red

Havoc X
it is red

Havoc X
they had beathing equipment on in ESB

cavola
because there is Pyshics and there is GL Pyhsics

PVS
"they had beathing equipment on in ESB"

dude, think for a second, ok?
when you are in the vaccume of space, you cant survive with just an oxygen mask, ok?

cavola
and when u say black light , u r refering to neon tubes that expell UV light .

A neon tube colored black gives that effect .

but a lightsaber is not a neon tube ; a lightsaber is the fruit of fiction.

PVS
no, its real!!!!
its all real!!!!!! except jarjar, he's fake

p.s. cavola, that avatar is going to give me nightmares

Ghetto Goblin
aaaaaaaaaaaaaamen to that sista.cool

but it would be kool if he could make his force lightning into a saber shape or something, then fight with that. Happy Dance

Ghetto Goblin
oh yes, it is even more disturbing than cowboyography's, and his is pretty darn disturbing. sick messed

cavola
we where very nice when younger big grin

Darth Jello
for ESB:
they weren't in a vacuum, the were inside a living being that probably has some internal mechanism for producing oxygen inside it's body considering that mynocks appear to be part of it's digestive track.

meta1
It looks kinda like the handle part of a walking stick, could it be the his walking stick is disguesed as a lightsaber ?

Ken Benobi
it reminds me of a joystick in the cockpit of a fighter aircraft....all it needs is a gun trigger...

Sith Master X
I love the design to Sidious' saber. I personally think it's one of the best.

Jedi Priestess
actually I dont know if Ive stated this here but Id just as soon Palp not have one.......did I say that already?

Ken Benobi
yeah JP, and to a point I agree with you too, because it seems to take away some of the mystery of Palpatine, and Yoda too...

Jedi Priestess
I did? Oh god I have dementia messed

Sith Master X
Really? See I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do with his saber. It's like the ultimate Sith vs. the ultimate Jedi. I think it'll be cool, but I also can expect the we'll definitely see force lightning out of that duel.

Ken Benobi
I probably wouldn't mind so much myself if they let the duals be drawn out a bit more than they were in AOTC. LIke Yoda vs Dooku for example. Dooku says that bit about "it can't be decided by our knowledge of the force but by skill with the lightsaber". I'm thinking Dooku you pansy...so if we see a fight that shows more force use I would be happier...

Jedi Priestess
See to me that lessens the allure of both Yoda and Sideous, Id rather they be "above" using a saber.

darth_surgent
If Yoda hadn't fought against Dooku, I would say that they should keep lightsabers out of the hands of Sidious and Yoda permanently. However, the moment he took that saber into his hand, Lucas broke that mystery forever. Now, in this new movie, it will be expected of him to include something with Yodam that is better with than that duel. The only possible outcome is a fantastic Yoda vs. Sidious duel, though I completely agree that it never had to happen before it was spoiled.

Ken Benobi
you got me thinking Surgent, wouldn't it be cool if Yoda or Mace force grabs the saber out of Sidious' belt, thereby forcing Anakin to intervene to save him. It's kinda wild and out there....just a thought

NoFate007
I think Palpatine's lightsaber looks ridiculous. He should've had a cooler looking one, this is too simple. Its too...well, lets say, Anakin/Luke lightsaber looks like a random spare part off an old machine, it looks like crap, and this resembles that lightsaber too much. One horrible looking lightsaber is enough for Episode 3, we don't need a second, lol. I would prefer it if Sidious had a very elegant style to his lightsaber, maybe something with jewels melted in the hilt or something.

Master Kadub
there are no problems with sidious's lightsabre,
it is pretty cool.....
people forget that each jedi/sith
created there own lightsabre....

but it would have been cool to see,
sidious's lightsabre made of BONE'

NoFate007
What do you mean "people forget that each jedi/sith created their own lightsaber"? That doesn't have anything to do with it, fictional characters don't decide on the outlook of props, creators like GL do, so its his fault, lol. I'm not "blaming Palpatine".

Havoc X
sidious wont fight yoda
he will find mace with anakins help
and dont you guys think that that his lightsaber is a one handed lightsaber

Darth Cain
A bone-handled lightsaber?!
That's messed up, Master Kadub....
Just because he's a Sith Lord, huh?

Back to the point, I kinda like Sidious' saber: smallish for concealment, simple design....

queeq
I like it actually, it look like some ancient relic. Which kinda ties in with the old SIth cult reviving.

Jedi Priestess
actually I think his saber handle looks like............well........nevermind...it's naughty

PVS
JP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats just bad!!!!!!
shame on you!!!!!!!! laughing

Jedi Priestess
oops naughty

queeq
And it can ignite too!

PVS
ouch eek!

think of the disaster that can lead to!

queeq
Or the excruciating pain.

Jedi Priestess
erm....... blink

PVS
oh dont give that look JP, we may have went there,
but you pointed the way big grin

Jedi Priestess
<-------is innocent and pure as snow angel

PVS
i hate snow...its cold...and wet...and it gets everywhere smile

queeq
Actually, she guided us.

kristo
That's nothing I can get one of those sabres at Ann Summers for $19.00. It comes with three detachable sheaths and has five speeds. My friend Cindy swears by it!

PVS
confused

queeq
I don't even want to know where you do your Christmas shopping.

PVS
bump (sinking stupid threads)

queeq
Yeah, off topicish...CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.