What against Legolas???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greenleaf_luver
Just wondering what people have against legolas? What is so bad about him? I don't get it. I think, based on his character, he is brave, protective of his friends, yes definitely nice looking, kind and lots of good stuff. rolling on floor laughing

§pearhead
a) he comes across a bit girlish
b) he's played by Orlando Bloom

Greenleaf_luver
Yes true, but what about Legolas in the book

§pearhead
Not too many people have problems with book Legolas erm

Greenleaf_luver
And Elves are more i can't think of the right word...they seem more feminine because they are graceful, beautiful, so legolas would seem more girlish.

Greenleaf_luver
Whats your opinion on him?

§pearhead
What do I think of him? In the book, he's perfectly acceptable and I've got nothing against him, but in the movies, he is just a marketing ploy to get certain otherwise uninterested people to watch LoTR. We all need our eye candy, I s'pose...

Greenleaf_luver
lol. Yes i do like orlando bloom, i am ashamed to say. lol. He is eye candy for me yes. He does alright acting though. I think Legolas is an awesome character overall.

§pearhead
subpar acting, if you ask me messed

my only complaint about LoTR is that there's only the 3 actresses with any parts sad Liv Tyler, Blanchett, and whats-her-face, Eowyn there laughing out loud

Greenleaf_luver
Miranda Otto is the actress for Eowyn. Yeah i'm bummed that there were only three actresses too. Atleast they expanded Arwen's part, she was like barely in the books. smile

§pearhead
that's some good, true...but ah well, her part is small because it doesn't really tie into anyone else, so there's little reason for her to be in the movies or books much

Greenleaf_luver
I think it's cool that Arwen is in the movies and all. But she's mostly there for like kissing Aragorn...so if you've watched the movies as many times as i have, there are better scenes. Whatever though. kinda cool when she is on her horse getting away from the ring wraithes.

§pearhead
that scene didn't have much of a point except to establish that she's a good person, so when Elrond's being arseholish later you feel worse for her stick out tongue

Greenleaf_luver
yeah. lol. I think so too. The first time i saw elrond...i thought he looked like...just not an elf. I think he acts well for elrond but he just doesn't look how i saw elrond if you ask me.

§pearhead
to me, Elrond's appearance changed as I saw how he acted towards Arwen, so I had a few ideas as what he looked like...

Greenleaf_luver
I think that they got the father-daughter thing down really well for elrond and arwen.

ladygrim
i think most people only have a problem with legolas because of the person who played him ...

BloomBabyGirl
yall needa shaddap cuz he was good in the movie. but since he was also good looking pple just now say ooo u only saw it cuz of orlando bloom. blah blah blah but they were all perfectly casted in LOTR even legolas and its not like many people knew who orlando bloom was when LOTR came out anyway.

ladygrim
true but i was only pionting it out

BloomBabyGirl
i kno. i was too smile

ladygrim
kewl

Exabyte
yes yes

c) me not like screaming fangirls no expression
d) orli-legolas is absolutely not lotr-i:sh sad
e) his Sindarin-pronounciation is horrible mad nearly as weird as Parker's

yes

Legolas... beautiful?? sick sick

BloomBabyGirl
hellz ya. hes hott

ladygrim
smile

Manôkhâu
Ok, how about you open one thread about Legolas, and not four!
and since this has become an Orlando Bloom fangirls thread, should be moved......

ladygrim
very true i have been on kmc bout 2/3 hrs and every time i look theres a new orlando/legolas thread ... yes he was in lotr but talk bout the movie not on lone character

Manôkhâu
Exactly!
.......and no offense, but Tuor and/or Turin were better than that prissy biatch Legolas.....I also prefer Voronwe, who's only in a Tolkien book for about ten pages, over Legolas, son of Thranduil......

Darth Sauron
1- legolas wasnt blonde
2- no hair has resistance like that.
3- book legolas doesnt say or do much, film legolas always tries to look all smart.
4- He detracts female attention from sauron.
5- while recording the actor voiceovers for lotr, while the cast joke around, and call sam fat, legolas goes into ten minute speeches about how things move him.
6- Its orli bloom
7- its will turner
8- Its the calcium kid
9- His dad was prejedice against dwarves
10- He reveals who aragorn is at inappropriate times
11- Its orli bloom
12- He cant speak elvish
13- He thinks he is better than the rest of the fellowship and refuses to be blindfolded
14- He refuses to admit he is gay, although he is an elf, and its elvish law that you must be gay.
15- Before the filming of lotr started PJ gave them all the trilogy books to read. legolas just watched bakshis and asked why arwen saved frodo when it was him who did it in the books.
16- He had to go to bed when aragorn headbutted him.
17- In a last vain attempt to look tough, he acted with broken ribs
18- He opens his eyes up too wide when its supposed to be a meaningful scene.
19- He tries to be funny but isnt
20-He thinks having blonde hair and a firm buttocks is enough to let him argue with the future king, then not bow to him.

Manôkhâu
stick out tongue

BloomBabyGirl
that was the stupidest thing ive ever heard smile

Darth Sauron
All are facts.....

BloomBabyGirl
well he can speak elvish and if he did save frodo in the book why not inquire as to not in the movie and all elvs dont like dwarves there a thing between em. just say u dontlike orlando bloom cuz girls like him and you just dont wanna admit he was good in LOTR

Darth Sauron
he DIDNT save him in the books
Thats just orli not wanting to read.

He cant speak elvish, he pronounces it all wrong

Girls like him? Hell, i dont mind, he can have every girl in the world if he wants

I know one who likes sauron better love

shifty And boromir....that is why he needed to die shifty

BloomBabyGirl
hes dyslexic givem a break....lol....he spoke elvish just like eevry1 else why u hatin so much? if its him u dont like dont say u dont like the character

Darth Sauron
I dont like the way legolas was portrayed
and i dont like the way orlando bloom acted as him.

Orli bloom IMO is not a strong actor

If he wasnt so appealing to teenage girls he wouldnt have half..no he wouldnt have quarter of the stardom he has

BloomBabyGirl
then Mr.Sauron since your such the legolas expert what did he do rong. how was he portrayed wrongly

Darth Sauron
In the books he didnt really talk much
When he did what he came out with was quite helpful, in the film, he is mr state the obvious.

Manôkhâu
Hey, I'm dyselxic, and I can still read and spell properly (unless i don't know the word)!
So don't use that as an excuse! stick out tongue

Darth Sauron
Exactly miffed:

The two first age dominators will get ya big grin

BloomBabyGirl
hey im dyslexic and its not that easy for me so it is an excuse...and whatever he has a girlfriend

Darth Sauron
And that has anything to do with what?

Exabyte
1) He pronounces it... weird messed messed and so hard sad and hasty sad

2) I also do stick out tongue
love

Darth Sauron
big grinstick out tongueflowers

Oh dear..how off topic wink

Manôkhâu
Love....is in the air......

Fëanor
1. the character Legolas is not gay...
2. the actor playing the character is not gay...(and if he were, not our business is it)
3. those who call him gay are either (a)jealous (b)have a very low self-esteem (c) have resorted to name calling due to a mob mentality(theoritical guess) or (d) have decided that the actor who plays Legolas and the character are one in the same and have decided to call "it" gay as a way to unify that 'one' from two diametrically opposed self-aware entity...even if one is a fictional character...

fuct_up_kid
^^ yes agree.

Moo Cow
im fine with the book legolas, but i dont know why i didnt like movie legolas, maybe cause when i was in the theater all the bloom fans started squealing so i coulndt here what they were saying on the screen. miffed

Darth Sauron
I pick.....3-b wink

Rad_1
I love Legolas AND Orlando Bloom...droolio A lot of ppl seems to think he's gay.confused

Darth Sauron
You dont love them

Discos
Legolas in the books is kick ass, I dont see anything wrong either with Orlando Bloom playing Legolas.

Only thing which I have against him is YOU GUYS......you know who you are, all the orlando bloom is a babe threads ect. You have brought shame to the meaning of lord of the rings - Tolkien would roll over in is grave if he knew this obsessions occured with his character.

Darth Sauron
Actually he would probably try and say legolas was based on himself yes

Discos
lol, that was sly....

Manôkhâu
I hate movie Legolas.
Taking the place of poor Glorfindel....I mean come ON. Show Glorfindel some slack-he was killed by a Balrog!

theosohott
go you BloomBabyGirl!
and Darth Sauron... id like 2 c u try 2act n do ur own stunts

theosohott
refering 2 page 2
sry bout that

Thorondor
WHOOOOOOOO CAAAAAAAAAAAARES?

so what if some people don't like him, doesn't mean anything it's just their oppinion, you're either going to like him or not, i quite like how he played him don't see why other people have a problem but thats just them.

ladygrim
very true peoples opionions are different some like him some dont ...

eezy45
how do you actually know he is perfectly casted for LotR when you don't even know too much about the books...? Where do you know his elvish is good? If you read all the books you'd just *know* he isn't the Legolas character. And I support Sauron's opinions.

Darth Sauron
I would also like to see me act and do my own stunts yes

I will have you know i was in Grease for my school, until i dropped out as soon as they said they picked me winkiss
Yes, you can touch me and even have my autograph if you want?

Maybe a signed picture?

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/526/sign.jpg

Clovie
GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Sauron
Feck laughing out loud

Only took you two hours happy

ladygrim
smile

Ken Benobi
I've always liked Legolas' character in the movies, though I thought we could've seen some more character development. He doesn't appear to connect quite as much as other characters, like Gimli and Aragorn for example, but overall I did like Bloom in that role myself..

ladygrim
i understand where ur coming from....

Clovie
i was once looking for a pic of someone two months stick out tongue

so i'm proud of myself anyway roll eyes (sarcastic)

daronisgod
It was the film-makers who decided what colour hair Legolas should have, it was the film-makers who decided what lines he should speak. As for his Elvish I think he deserves credit for actually learning it in the first place. Most of the issues people in this thread seem to have with Orlando are things that he probably had little control over.

As for Legolas arguing with Aragorn at Helm's Deep, Legolas is a prince himself and Aragorn at that time was the future King of Men not the King of M.E.

Err... I've been a LOTR fan for over twenty years... and Orlando did just fine as Legolas, alright so maybe he isn't the best actor in the movie but he still fits the role he was given.

Could you give examples of what you mean about him not being the Legolas character?

Darth Sauron
The film makers? the film makers?

I suppose what tolkien wrote has no major importance in your mind then?

Legolas argued because he is arrogant, look at the lothlorien scene, pure arrogance, he thinks he is better than everyone else in the fellowship.

In the book legolas is a fountai....no not a fountain, hes more like a...small slightly rusted garden tap of knowldge

In the film he is rejected and made to state the obvious "a diversion"
Wow, elves are so clever these days.

Although the actress who played legolas, she was alright i suppose.

Trickster
Mmmmm.... Bloody fit, that Orlady Bloom.

BloomBabyGirl
yall jus hate him cuz he's pretty. hes not the greatest actor but LOTR was perfectly casted

daronisgod
What the hell are you talking about???

I didn't say once that the changes were alright, or that they were the right decisions or that Tolkien doesn't matter.

I was trying to explain that Orlando Bloom, probably didn't have much of a say in most of the things you guys are blaming him for.

Don't put words in my mouth...

I'm trying to say that your problem should be with PJ, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens not Orlando Bloom since it is them that decided he should have blonde hair and all the rest of it.

I'm NOT saying that PJ and co were right in making changes, I'm saying that blaming Orlando Bloom is silly because he probably didn't have much say in that matter, just like the rest of the cast probably (certainly mostly) didn't have much choice in what lines they said, or what clothes they wore.

Which Lothlorien scene, please, could you be a little bit more specific, because I'm not sure what scene you are referring to...

How on earth do you come up with film Legolas thinks he is better than the rest of the fellowship:

Once, once he says he thinks Aragorn is wrong, he then apologises and says 'we have followed you this far you have not led us astray' or something very similar. The entire rest of the 10 + hour film he does everything he can to support Aragorn and the rest of the fellowship, he follows Aragorn into all sorts of dangerous situations, so your claim that he thinks he is better than everyone else is ludicrous, if he did why would he follow Aragorn around only once questioning his decisions, if he thought he was better than Aragorn he would question him all the time.

He says "A diversion" to let Aragorn know that he supports him, exactly what you claim he isn't doing.

Calling Orlando Bloom names, is a little silly isn't it, and it isn't going to bother me much since Legolas has never been one of my favourite characters and Orlando Bloom doesn't really interest me that much, but it will bother the Legolas/Orli fans in here and I don't see what good will come of that, besides possibly making you look a bit juvenile.

I appreciate that you don't think much of his acting skills (neither do I, to be honest) and that you don't like his portrayal of Legolas (though as I pointed out earlier I think that is mostly due to PJ and co.) but please, I'd expect that kind of thing from my son and his 9 and 10 year old friends.

Darth Sauron
And my problem is with PJ, if you bothered to look a few pages back you can even see a thread i made about my problems with PJ

The lothrorien scene where he refuses to be blindfolded because hes an elf, and doesnt need that kind of thing, even when it is threatened they will go no further without a blindfold legolas -still- keeps his whining going.

If i offend the legolas/orli fans here then thats their problem, i am allowed to display my opinion on these boards, if they disagree then they can challenge me about it, and i will give them my reasons for thinking so, and they can give me theirs, hence the discussion part of the forum.

I was joking about the name calling no expression i have been here months, and always, i insult legolas whenever i can and not once has anybody complained. This is a friendly place and people realise others are joking.

no expression

Mane
Legolas is pimp.

ladygrim
smile

daronisgod
I'm sorry I don't remember addressing my initial post to you, in fact I didn't mention you in it at all, I don't know where you got the idea I was addressing you... except possibly the part about Legolas arguing with Aragorn, and I wasn't even sure who had said that when I wrote my initial post, may have been you many not have been you.

I don't understand why you are arguing with me about things I never even talked about in my post... I never spoke to you directly but you seemed to infer that I was.

Of course you're allowed to post your opinion, as am I, which is what I did it was you who addressed me first... I may have mentioned one of your points in my first post. I don't actually recall whether it was you or not.

Then you replied to me implying that I thought "what Tolkien wrote has no major importance" thats a fairly huge leap from what I actually said, how did you expect me to react.

If you think name-calling is ok, thats entirely up to you, but I (and I'm positive I'm not the only one) think its childish.

I usually like to use smilies or some such to make positive everyone knows I'm joking because its not easy to tell on the internet.

Darth Sauron
Well i will use smilies in future.

And practically every post you quoted was mine, thats where i got the idea you were addressing me, i changed my sig....

Yes, we both posted our opinions, had a small debate and agree to disagree?

daronisgod
I know I'm nitpicking now, but before you started arguing with me I didn't quote you at all, of course I quoted you after you replied to my post, because I was talking to you.

But yes I'd be happy to agree to disagree.

Darth Sauron
That would be best.

I know originally you werent addressing to me, but you disagreed with an opinion of mine, and i decided to explain my points, i dont like people thinking i dont like legolas because hes hot

I was happy to listen to your own opinion and reasons for having it, but i still stick with my own, although im not so stuck in it now, i realise that some of the things i said may have been immature to some extent.

ladygrim
to me really i think people have a grudge against legolas because of the person who plays him... i mean wot if some one really really popular played him would people still hate him as a character

Darth Sauron
I dont think orlandos acting was up to par in the film.

ladygrim
he gets fans from his looks not his talent

daronisgod
This is true, I get the strong impression most of his fans like him because of his looks, but thats probably not true of all of them, maybe he'll improve his acting as he gets older.

On the other hand both his big roles have been against some really strong actors so who's going to be taking notice of him when there's Viggo Mortensen, Ian Mckellen, John Rhys Davies or Johnny Depp to hold your attention... unless your as good as say Dom Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin or Elijah Wood no one's going to take any interest.

Then again I get the distinct impression it wasn't his acting talents that got him either role.

I'm glad we came to an understanding, the world would be a boring place is we all agreed about everything.

ladygrim
indeed...

naybean
I was Ok with Legolas (Orli) until he opened his mouth: "He is Aragorn son of Arathorn"
Most irritating bit in the trilogy

ladygrim
lol...got to agree .. its not like we go round say you there the son of him.. wat u dion tonite wana go for a pint

daronisgod
Err... he's trying to tell Boromir exactly who Aragorn is, besides Galadriel does it too she calls Gimli 'Gimli son of Gloin', I guess it must a bit like a last name or something...

Why do you find it irritating?
Sorry I'm just not sure what is wrong with that line.
I'm not arguing with you, I just wondered.

ladygrim
i kno

naybean
No its fine.

I find it irritating not because of the content but because of the way he says it in the film.

ladygrim
i think his chaacter gets better through the movies...

daronisgod
Ah, Ok. smile

ladygrim
smile

Quendiñoldo
End this madness now!
EVERY other Elf is better than Legolas, especially MOVIE Legolas, who sucks, and can't even properly speak Sindarin.

ladygrim

Quendiñoldo
Come on, it's true!
Legolas did JACK **** in the movie, (though I respect book Legolas more).
Shut down all these, "I Luv ****", and "Why does everyone hate ***" threads. PLEASE.

ladygrim
your probably rite but they couldnt make the movie wit out his character really...

Quendiñoldo
NO, but they could have done him JUSTICE.
Same with Glorfindel....poor bastard...

ladygrim
lol..indeed..

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
If anyone has anything against Leggy......their's somethin wrong.

Quendiñoldo
...with those that like him.stick out tongue

Elessea
me agrees yes I liked legolas as a character just fine, but then the movie made him into a fan-girl magnet and kinda ruined the character sad

Hiriledain
How many people do you actually think would have watched the movie if it wasn't for Orlando Bloom? Tolkien is a wonderful author and I am very much enjoying his book yet I would not have watched the movie is OB wasn't in it..Terrible aren't I? Cheh. I know. Yes, Legolas was a fan-girl magnet. I'm a freak, that much I know.

Exabyte
welcome to kmc, hiriledain ^^

Orli advertising for Calvin Klein?
sick sick sick

mc pee pants
http://www.ninecompanions.net/funnypics/final/elrond_shocked.JPG

what do you mean legolas is gay?!?!?!

Hiriledain
lOL. Funny. Thanks for the welcome!!! big grin stick out tongue

mc pee pants
swank

row476
Orli was just an added bonus wink I watched the movie before I even know orlando was in it.

Kalozza
ugly and prissy

1985 ;
Hes ugly and stupid and none of us give a damn about a stupid conceited elf. big grin

Did I mention he needs a hair cut?

Purple_Hippos
hi

Telperaca
It all depends on who you're talking about.

The Legolas in the book is a totally awsome character. He's soo cool it's just crazy if you don't ike him.

In the movies, he's too girly, and a wussie. They have changed his character a little and he just doesn't seem the "cool Legolas" from the movie type.
(And also what he's wearing is sorta messed up really badly)

Hiriledain
In what way is he concieted?...

frodosonlygirl
What are we talking about?

shadowy_blue
We're talking about Frodo. smile

*tries to make a straight face*

*fails*

laughing

OK..LOL..we're talking about Leggy. stick out tongue wink

Telperaca
laughing out loud

drunk_nazgul
Legolas rules! Happy Dance

Why? Who's saying bad things about him? mad

Aleera1138
I agree Legolas does Rule and I feel all of the actors that Peter Jackson picked for the LOTR Films including Orlando Bloom did a totally awesome Job. Enough said. LOL big grin

angelsflame265
Well. . .in all truth nobody knew who he was when the movies came out. Some people didn't even want him playing Legolas because he was so new to the acting job

Aleera1138
That is true, but he did a wonderful job as Legolas and the whole cast made the Movies AWESOME. big grin

DanieLs_4_Ever

LadyOfMirkwood9
i have absolutly no kind of problem I love Legolas and who he is played by smile big grin eek! love love love thumb up thumb up thumb up

LadyOfMirkwood9
i mean i loved legolas before i knew who he was played by. he looks sooo cute and dreamy in fact i often dessire what happened in lotr was true. *sight*

Draugwen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.