Hellboy 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
SOURCE: MOVIEHOLE

INTERVIEW

Del Toro on "Hellboy 2"
I start writing it in the Fall and then it'll depend on how fast we get a script we're all happy about and how fast we can work out a budget and a date. It's in the future, but I wouldn't put a date on it. In the next Hellboy adventure he'll (Hyde-Pierce's Abe Sapien) have a more prominent role. She'll be back (Blair). Jeffrey Tambor will be back. We will have a good class of weirdos around.

Magee
Awwwww hell yea!!! eek! The first movie was awsome, more action in the second one will make excellenty!!

Linkalicious
I think Hellboy sucked as a movie. The characters were sort of dull and the story was crap.

If not for the action...it would have been better to not make the film at all.

TheFilmProphet
It will be nice to see more creatures like Abe and Hellboy in the second film as well.

Mane
Hellboy was ok...the character list was kinda dry...

TheFilmProphet
My only complaint about the first film was the ending and the fact that Abe didn't have too much screen time but thats all.

Mane
he doesnt need screentime. he never does anything interesting...

TheFilmProphet
Thats because they didn't give him enough things to do during the film like fight scenes or anything like that.

MaxCarnage
Hellboy 2 has been in works since before the original came out earlier this year. Hellboy 2 will be out probably around the same time Spider-Man 3 is out. The actors/actresses of Hellboy have aleady signed on for 2 sequels so I've heard.

TheFilmProphet
Spider-Man 3 will be released May 2007. I think that Hellboy 2 will probably be released in 2006.

Shadow_King
i liked hellboy so this would be intresting to see who hell boy will face next?? would anyone care to guess???

Mane
he doesnt fight...he just uses his psychic powers

ScarletSpider
I'm not that familiar with all that is Hellboy. I saw the movie and liked it and have read a few comics but have yet to go full depth into it. Are there any other "freaks" that they encounter and enlist into the BPRD?

Wolfie
I liked the first Hellboy. Sure, it isn't the best movie in this superhero craze but it certainly isn't the worst. I think a second one is a good idea. I agree that Abe Sapien wasn't in enough of the movie.

TheFilmProphet
True but he can still attack his enemy somehow even it is with his mind but he didn't do that in the first.

TheFilmProphet
Hellboy Tops DVD Sales & Rental Charts Source: The Hollywood Reporter, ComingSoon.net Wednesday, August 4, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter says Hellboy is doing big business on DVD...

Columbia TriStar Home Video's comic book-based "Hellboy" shot to the top of Nielsen VideoScan's First Alert DVD sales chart for the week ending Aug. 1, registering a commanding total of more than a half-million units in sales.

The release knocked last week's champ, "Starsky & Hutch" from Warner Home Video, to No. 2, while the WHV release of the Bruce Willis-Matthew Perry action comedy "The Whole Ten Yards" debuted at No. 3 on the chart.

"Hellboy" also topped Video Store magazine's list of top rentals for the week, followed by "Yards." Universal Studios Home Video's "Ned Kelly" was the only other new rental title to crack the top 20; the Heath Ledger-Orlando Bloom starrer bowed at No. 16.

Meanwhile, ComingSoon.net is listing the Hellboy Director's Cut DVD for a an October 19 release date. Stay tuned for more on that!

Alpha Centauri
UK sucks man, Hellboy came out April 1st in the States. It's not even out in the cinemas here yet.

-AC

TheFilmProphet
Perlman & Blair on the Hellboy Sequel
Source: SuperHeroHype
Wednesday, August 25, 2004

OutNow.CH had the chance to talk to Ron Perlman and Selma Blair during their promotional stay in Zurich/Switzerland. In Selma Blair's interview she talked about the sequel...

ON: Are you going to be in part two of Hellboy as well?
SB: Yes. I will be in part two! How can I not be, you evil man? Liz has her strengths finally. She would better be in part two! I'm signing on to do it and I think we are shooting in one year. Probably in Prague, maybe Berlin even.

ON: Can you tell us already something about the storyline?
SB: Top secret. I swore myself to secrecy. I think it's going to be very beautiful. And Liz is going to be much more powerful in this one. She has to be. She sure didn't bust out a lot of moves in the last one in the end.

Perlman, on the other hand, says that he's being kept in the dark...

ON: But Part two of Hellboy seems to be settled already. Can you tell us something about it?
RP: They don't let any of their secrets out on me. I think that they really regard me as this 14-year old irresponsible adolescent, who the minute is told a secret to, is just going to be blabber all out on the internet. I'll probably find out about it, as we are shooting.

Magee
Hey alpha dont be sad. Order it from play.com like i did big grin I also got the whole ten yards from there, also not out in the UK no

Spawnie
HellBoy was really entertaining, I laughed to his one sentence jokes and it had some nice action to it. Don't worry about Abe he's getting more screen time in the second movie, he'll play a bigger part and so will the flamegirl. perlman is just the right guy for the role, and he makes the character fun to watch. hellboy is been a much better success then expected, and I want my DVD of it also.

TheFilmProphet
Agreed.

Asian Hulk
Come On FilmProphet!!!!!The Hellboy movie is not good!!!!make your insulting people will you?

TheFilmProphet
Thats your oppinion which you are entitled to just like the rest of us. So just because you don't like the film that does not mean I shouldn't.

SnakeEyes
FilmProphet it is good just to ignore his pointless posts. Thats what i have learned to do.

Spawnie
Why should we pick this movie apart also? It was a good intro to the second movie, lets hope they keep entertaining us. Don't mind Asian Hulk he just likes contraversy.

Mane
with proper makeup, i think he would play an awesome Martian Manhunter!

Spawnie
Is that a sig with the toy Predator from MCFarlane Toys smile? Muahahhhhhhha! McFarlane Toys is gonna rase the toy quality, I hope.
MArtianManhunter? Can I se a pic of that somewhere?

Spawnie
News and Rumors:

August 25, 2004: "Guillermo del Toro, Selma Blair and Ron Perlman presented Hellboy here in Berlin last night and were available for Q & A. Guillermo was very nice, funny and outspoken, but Ron and Selma seemed tired. They all confirmed that Hellboy 2 is signed and on the way, but Guillermo is at least making one other, smaller movie before that in spain. As for the story of Hellboy 2 Guillermo did not seem to have already made up his mind, but Abe and Selma's characters will get much more room and Kroenen seems not to come back in the first sequel. As they were not sure if there would be a sequel when making Hellboy, they tried to get as much good stuff from the comics into it as possible to have it on screen at least once. So many ideas were used up for Hellboy 1 and they seemingly have to search first for new ones to fill Hellboy 2." Thanks to 'CountingDown.com' for the news story which came from a 'AICN' scooper.

August 3, 2004: Guillermo del Toro spoke to Moviehole in an upcoming interview: "I start writing it in the Fall and then it'll depend on how fast we get a script we're all happy about and how fast we can work out a budget and a date. It's in the future, but I wouldn't put a date on it. In the next Hellboy adventure he'll (David Hyde-Pierce's Abe Sapien) have a more prominent role. She'll be back (Selma Blair). Jeffrey Tambor will be back. We will have a good class of weirdos around. "

Mane
heck yeah dude!

http://www.planethancock.com/leslie/gifs/cape-manhunter.gif

or click here:
http://www.planethancock.com/leslie/gifs/cape-manhunter.gif

ragesRemorse
Hellboy was a great flick. Very faithful to the comics. It was also a nicely paced action film with a decent story. It was the characters that made it so damn good though. nice acting.

TheFilmProphet
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Spawnie
I agree, the acting was way better then I expected, cuz some actors can't act good with massive makeup. Sometimes just looks stupid, but with hellboy I was very entertained. My friend, that usually craps on movies that r based on comics, said that Hellboy was way better then any of the X-Men. Now, I was really surprised that a preson that usually doesn't admire comics had a really positive experience with HellBoy.

I hope someone does something about that Martian's costume sad. Those boots gotta go and the speedos too. That martian looks a bit like Piccolo from DBZ, lol.

Mane
yeah MM;s costume is pretty queer...

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet

Beacon of Grace
I'm still waiting for the Director's Cut.

TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4178

HELLBOY 2

Dynamic Forces has a note from Mike Mignola about the in-development sequel. "Mike reported that he had indeed written a new storyline with director Guillermo del Toro and that the studio was pleased with it. While he wouldn�t reveal the plot, Mike did say that the sequel would be closer to the comic books in spirit, dealing more with mythology and folklore. 'Hopefully, this will be Guillermo's next movie after the one he's currently working on in Spain,' Mike said."

Meanwhile actress Selma Blair spilled all brand of beans to FilmForce about the sequel, playing Liz Sherman and how the success of the films is affecting her personal life. "I would love to have a child," she said, "but I want to wait until 'Hellboy's' over, because that will be another long, arduous shoot in another country. Unfortunately I don't start that for 25 years ... Yeah, I start that, probably in a year and a half. Guillermo's working on something else, so I'll probably have to wait. But, you know, maybe not, if I got pregnant now. Basically, I'm not pregnant and I don't know when I will be. I'm never not trying though."

Blair has already heard the basic story for the next film. "I talked with Guillermo last week, I was in Europe with him and he told me some of it, but I'm sworn to secrecy. But it's so good, it's so good, I'm so excited, and it's funny." She says that, from what she's heard, the sequel should start right where the first one ended. "I think immediately. I think in the same time."

She also discussed the costuming for her character. "I did the costumes, I didn't physically make them. But yeah, we kinda came together with what I want. I want Liz to be a little bit more controlled and sexier for the second one, so hopefully the wardrobe will look like that."

TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
UPDATE: del Toro on Hellboy II Characters!
Source: Superhero Hype!
November 15, 2004

UPDATE: Guillermo del Toro tells Superhero Hype! that the interview above may have been done a long time ago as neither Agent Myers nor Kroenen will be back. "Neither Myers nor Kroenen are back in any significant way in the sequel, escept in cameo form," says del Toro. "I just wanted to clarify this for the sake of any reader interested in being 'up to date' on the developments of the film."

TheFilmProphet
Selma Blair Confirmed for Hellboy II
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 18, 2005

In an article at The Hollywood Reporter talking about Selma Blair having signed on for the remake of John Carpenter's classic The Fog, the trade mentions that she will shoot Hellboy II after she completes that horror-thriller.

TheFilmProphet
Ron Perlman on Hellboy 2 Start
Source: E! Online
March 23, 2005

E! Online chatted with Ron Perlman, who says he thinks they will start shooting Hellboy 2 in the fall. He also commented on a possible trilogy:

Boy, oh, Hellboy! Dude, we loved Hellboy, so when we saw Ron Perlman (sans his sawed-off horns and gibbon-red skin, for some reason) a few weeks ago at the Independent Spirit Awards, we pounced on his ass:

Will there be a Hellboy sequel?
Yes. I think we start shooting in the fall.

And which characters will be returning?
I'm not privy to those 125 pages, but I think I have a nice-size role.

Do you think it'll eventually be a trilogy?
You know, you make them one at a time, but I would say that if there are more Hellboys in the future, then I'm very blessed, because he's a guy I could play every day for the rest of my life and never grow tired of.

b-dan
iveknown about this for a year know and now its coming out hellboy is my fave comic Happy Dance

TheFilmProphet
I feel the same way about Hellboy 2, happy

Kazenji
Teaser trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15870

Bad Ash231
That was a TEASER trailer?

Kazenji
I'm guessing you did'nt like it.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm guessing you did'nt like it.

renske

No, it just seemed too reveal and detail the plot of the film too much for a teaser trailer.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Kazenji
Teaser trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=15870

Awesome I can't wait to see this movie.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
renske

No, it just seemed too reveal and detail the plot of the film too much for a teaser trailer.

Oh please. You don't watch Hellboy for a complicated plot, you watch Hellboy to watch him be a badass and rough up some monsters and look cool in the process.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Kutulu
Oh please. You don't watch Hellboy for a complicated plot, you watch Hellboy to watch him be a badass and rough up some monsters and look cool in the process.

True. laughing

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Kutulu

What are you rambling about?

I was only pointing out that it just too much for being a teaser trailer.

ragesRemorse
This movie looks like alot of fun. Hellboy is one of my favorite comic flicks and toro is one of my favorite directors. Hellboy2 looks very creative and lavish. Im very excited for this movie

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
This movie looks like alot of fun. Hellboy is one of my favorite comic flicks and toro is one of my favorite directors. Hellboy2 looks very creative and lavish. Im very excited for this movie

I pretty much share the same sentiments.

I think I'll enjoy myself a lot seeing this. It'll be an easy-going, badass experience.

Kazenji
I'm also a fan of the comics and the first movie outing, Got the first 2 volumes of the trades

Has anyone here checked out the hellboy animated stuff ??

The first movie was allright but i liked the second one alot more

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.