I have questions.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Manôkhâu
Uh.....this is where to post Tolkien-related questions, where Exa will preferably answer them, because she is so smart. stick out tongue

I'll start:

What are the Seven names of Gondolin?
Is Ilmare spoken of elsewhere than in the Valaquenta?
Did Melkor and Ungoliant fight over who got the Silmarills, in the Ered Lomin?
So.....Tulkas and Orome are different Valar?
Who the **** is Elmo?
So.....Thangorodrim is only three peaks above Angband?

Thanks. eek! cool

Darth Sauron
1Did Melkor and Ungoliant fight over who got the Silmarills, in the Ered Lomin?
2So.....Tulkas and Orome are different Valar?

3 Who the **** is Elmo?

1- yeah, melkor said he would reward with both hands, he didnt, he wouldnt give her the silmarils, she attacked, he screamed, (which can apparently still be heard there) balrogs came...did there thing, ungoliant fled

2- Yes, Orome came down with all the valar straight away, tulkas decended later when the first war between the valar and melkor was raging, he totally beat up on melkor

3- The younger brother ofelwe and olwe. grandfather of celeborn

Manôkhâu
Ah, Elmo was their brother.....okay!
Thanks Sauron, still got a few more.

Darth Sauron
I know, im looking up on them now*

* by looking up i mean pretending to think about them until exa comes on and does it yes

Manôkhâu
stick out tongue

Exabyte

Darth Sauron
Well obviously not smile

Manôkhâu
I though Thangorodrim was a mass of mountains-like the Hithaeglir.
stick out tongue
Oh, and:

Is it stated anywhere who specifically was in the Host of the West at the War of Wrath? Ie, were there any Elves named, like was Ingwe amongst them?

Darth Sauron
I was there yes

Manôkhâu
Yeah, and you did abstinence to Eonwe....

Darth Sauron
I did what?

You can get decapitated for that in indonesia big grin

Manôkhâu
Bleh....damn dislexia.
You paid some sort of 'stinence' to Eonwe at the end, and then fled....

Darth Sauron
No, i didnt Flee

i just remembered i had a very important appointment with the doctor that day....

Manôkhâu
stick out tongue
Don't make this get closed 'Global Moderator' Sauron..................

Darth Sauron
I cant believe you believed me

Manôkhâu
Lying fool......stick out tongue

Darth Sauron
I wasnt lying

I was truth bending

Manôkhâu
Lol....
Back on topic.

Exabyte
*EHEM*
miffed

Pleeease no expression

Nope, "just" the three mountain-peaks Melkor made.

Though it's the most important battle of the First Age, nearly nothing is said about it sad
Im sure though I read something about the question whether Ingwe was there or not in the Lost Tales confused Problem: I havent read the LT for three years no expression so I have no idea what it said erm

The only elf name from Aman I remember being stated is Finarfin... he was the leader of the Noldorian army.
Ingwe's vanyarian army also come, but Im not sure if he was among them or not... I really should read a little more careful messed

... what Tolkien says though is that there were nearly no Teleri - ie. no Olwe - and those that came only participated because the others needed the ships, and Elwing the wife of Earendil *was* a Teler - otherwise they wouldntve helped the Noldor anyways stick out tongue

Manôkhâu
Still......I like the idea that Ingwe *possibly* lead his forces against Melkor, with Eonwe at his side.

Exabyte
So do I... though Ingwe is kinda the wrong person for a war... I simply cannot imagine him fighting laughing he should better continue writing poems and songs and sitting by manwe's side trying to look important stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.