Question about Darth Maul and Obi-Wan's "split" decision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
I was watching ATOC with the nephews today. When it came to the point where OBW cut Maul in half they went, now see how can there be blood if that cauterizes it immediately. I said what blood? So we backed it up. And at the moment OBW cuts thought there does indeed to be some sort of "flash or spray" of red. I told my nephews that could be from OBW nicking Mauls blade as he went through because if that had indeed been blood I would have thought OBW would have had some on him. Has anyone else noticed this? What do you think that "flash" represents? huh messed blink

Darth Sauron
Atoc?

§pearhead
Yea, that "ATOC" part confused me as well...

That flash? I never thought of it too much, I just thought it was the saber slashing through the robes and some burning flecks of it flying out, but now that you mention it, it did seem to be more of a spray...got me.

Jedi Priestess
YIKES! blink a typo......I meant AOTC......sorry embarrasment

§pearhead
actually...don't you mean TPM? blink

Jedi Priestess
hysterical hysterical

aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! you are RIGHT! I have to quit opening threads when I have had no sleep! in THE PHANTOM MENACE peeps!
thnx spearbabe! wink

cornponious
It's blood.

corn

Jedi Priestess
Ah but how can that be? I was under them impression a lightsaber cauterized instantly? And why didnt OBW get any on him?

§pearhead
What about when Kenobi slashes off the guys arm in the cantina scene? There's some definite blood there blink

Jedi Priestess
hmmmmm this doesnt add up blink

Shadow_King
so it seems GL cant keep his facts straight.

Ken Benobi
I did the same thing you did Jedi Priestess, a while back- it looks like blood to me. Maybe there is a small portion of blood spray that gushes out before the blade follows through..?

Shadow_King
Gl was smart on how he marketed the star wars.

Batman316
Didn't Lucas change the Cantina scene in the ANH DVD to get rid of the blood?

J-Unit
This Isn't So Big To Talk About You've Have Seen Misstakes Before But This Misstake Is Not Quite Big...Anyway Talk About Big Misstakes Is The First Spider-Man Movie...Two Empire State Buildings...Clean Child After Being Saved From Fire raver

Shadow_King
that has nothing to do with star wars.

Shadow_King
post that in spider man.

Ken Benobi
I don't remember seeing that change Batman316, but I'm not as familiar with that version either. But now that I think about it, when Maul got Qui-Gon, his was a clean burn too....

Ken Benobi
I just remembered the snow monster from ESB....seems to me there was a good amount of blood there.... ninja

Shadow_King
well GL must of got lazy at that seen

J-Unit
it's the same s**t im just talking about the misstakes man

§pearhead
it was a thrust, not a slice, so that may have something to do with it...

and J-Unit, we could care less about the Spiderman mistakes.

Mace Skywalker
Mos definately blood.

wingless_angel
its blood...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Maul dies :*-(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.