New Pictures Of Ra's AL Ghul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
What do you think?

Punkyhermy
he doesn't look anything liek him...

TheFilmProphet
I think they should have made him look a little younger.

Punkyhermy
yeah...and more muscular.
with HAIR!

Beyond Image
who dat?

TheFilmProphet
Definitely

The Tater
There's a reason as to why he doesn't look like he does in the comic book.

Those who've read the script know.

Gregory
He doesn't look like he does in the comics because they changed him from being Middle Eastern to being Japanese. You don't need the script to figure that out.

TheFilmProphet
Well I haven't read the script like most people haven't and I still say he should have looked younger with hair.

moonwalker741
what am i looking at?

TheFilmProphet
Kent Watanabe as Ra's Al Ghul in 2005 Batman Begins

moonwalker741
i do not see a picture

EDIT: oh, its your sig, you know you can say that next time

TheFilmProphet
Sorry sad

moonwalker741
its cool, so about the pic, by bro tells me that they changed his look from the comic a lil bit, i never followed batman so....o well

TheFilmProphet
Hopefully Kent Watanabe's performance will make up for the change of appearance.

BOPRecruit 16
as for him suppose to look younger, he doesn't go through that phase where he's trying to make himself younger until later, after bats gets his career started and all. yeah, he didn't look asian. from what i remember in the animated series from the late 90's on cartoon network. check out the article and other images of ken as ra's al ghul in my batman begins (news and updates) thread for further details on this!

The Tater
For those disappointed with Ra's not looking like he does in the comics, you have nothing to worry about. You'll understand why I say this come June 17th, or if you read the following spoiler.

Don't read this unless you don't mind knowing a pivotal moment in the movie.

Again, major major spoilers:
Ra's in the movie does have hair, and he is not Asian. Ken Watanabe does not play the real Ra's al Ghul. The real Ra's is none other than Ducard, played by Liam Neeson. If you examine the picture of Ducard on the official website, you will notice there are several similarities between him and the comic book Ra's.

Shadow_King
who is this ra character in Batman and who is Ducard??????

TheFilmProphet
NOT TRUE.

slinger
Everybody else says it is. I've read it at several other sites. But they did say that some of the stuff from the script has been changed for the movie.

Jedi Shmedi
Well according to Wizard magazine (whom I consider a very reliable source), Ra's doesn't speek a word of English the entire movie, my guess is he is speeking Japanese or something.

FLIPMODE
C'mon guys, either spoil yourself or dont even bother asking questions.

According to the script, the stuff that is hidden in the spolier is EXACTLY CORRECT. They're trying to trick us, but it's a dumb trick because any fan knows who Ras is, AND at the same time they wasted a really GREAT movie by Altering Ras' true history in the Batman story. Not this made up Crap for this what I reffer to as an "ELSEWORLD MOVIE".

Goyer I like your Blade, but your Batman Sucks!!!!

I wonder why real Batman writers can't just do the Damn story!!!

How hard is it to hack the damn Batman origin???? They did it for Spidey!!! Every Comic book turned into a movie DESERVES!!!! the right and honor to be faithfully Hacked by the scriptwriter, to keep soul of the character fresh.

TheFilmProphet
Sorry but I don't listen to these foolish rumors and I would advise you all to do the same. Kent Watanabe is Ra's Al Ghul and thats all there is to it. Just because Ducard bares some tiny resemblance it does not mean he is Ra's Al Ghul.

The Tater
It's not a rumor, it's in the script; a script which Goyer confirmed was a working draft for the movie. So unless Nolan decided to change the twist at the end of the movie, Ken Watanabe is a decoy.

You can believe whatever you want, but don't be too disappointed June 17th.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah thats what they say but there is nothing confirming this so its just rumors. I will believe only the truth. Don't worry I won't be disappointed June 17ht 2005.

TheFilmProphet
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/rasbat.jpg http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt200408/image/04080303kenMT203802.jpghttp://www.canarynoir.com/pix/alghul.jpg

FLIPMODE
See why do you keep going on about this.

Liam Nesson's look is almost a direct port of what Ras's character is. Even the body type is the same, which is why Neeson is actually not a bad choice for Ras.

But Ken looks like Ubu, and has no hair. Ras is not bald. You dont have to read the script to know Ras is Neeson. AND notice this on the Batman Site, they show NEESON not Ken.

TheFilmProphet
Neeson is only the mentor in Batman Begins wink Watanabe is the enemy Ra's Al Ghul.

sophocles255
Well I just got back from the midnight showing of Batman Begins, and I have to say that The Film Prophet WILL be dissapointed when he sees this movie. The "rumors", which were actually confirmed material were true.

8bitChris
So much for not spoiling it for him.

WindDancer
For the record Ken is credited as Ra's Al Ghul.

DirectorFitz
but at the end...Bruce is calling Liam Neeson Ra's....

WindDancer
Yes, but let's not spoiled for everyone. wink

SpyCspider
is it me or did they purposely pronounce "Ra's Al Ghul" wrong? I thought the correct way is the one used in the animated series. (Raysh as opposed to Rahs)

wozzy_the_dark
Well, the film has now been released so we can all say that Neeson is Ra's Al Ghul - cant we?

pr1983
Originally posted by wozzy_the_dark
Well, the film has now been released so we can all say that Neeson is Ra's Al Ghul - cant we?

umm... spoiler tags?

LousyBoy
Yeah dude.. WTF????

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by sophocles255
Well I just got back from the midnight showing of Batman Begins, and I have to say that The Film Prophet WILL be dissapointed when he sees this movie. The "rumors", which were actually confirmed material were true.

That was nearly a year ago, laughing out loud

LordSorgo
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
NOT TRUE.

TRUE!

Kainreaver
DOnt ya just love it when you tell someone a truth, and they call you a dumbass...but you turn out to be right? Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghoul. THAT was Bad ass.

Kainreaver
But i think we should all concentrate on how to pronounce the "Ra's" part of his name. is it "ras" or "Raysh"

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Kainreaver
DOnt ya just love it when you tell someone a truth, and they call you a dumbass...but you turn out to be right? Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghoul. THAT was Bad ass.

If you are referring to me, I never called anyone a "dumbass". Also whatever I did say was said nearly a YEAR ago at the point when either side could have been right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.