what is scientology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
i hear a lot of celebs practice it. i dont know what it is.

Gregory
It's a cult started by a science fiction writer. I'm having trouble finding their exact doctrine at the moment, but I believe it involves evil aliens.

bardock
whoa thats crazy. i saw an ad for them here on kmc. i clicked on it trying to find wat they were about but the never got to the point

shaber
It's a mix of pseudo-science and eastern style mysticism. It also preaches tax evasion! It was founded by Ron Hubbard who was a pathological liar and continued by Jenzch(sp?) Suffice to say it has no credibility though Tom Cruise thinks it helped him with his dyslexia!

Into the Void
That...is ridiculous.

WindDancer
Just like Shaber said is pretty much what scientology is. Scientologist holy book (using the term losely) is call "Dianetics". Hubbard was huge fan of science fiction books, comics, pulps, (just like me wink )and was very much intrigue about humanity ultimate destiny. I kinda relate myself to his ideas and questions about humanity because Hubbard was a philosopher and a thinker.

I have visited the Scientology building located in Hollywood. The members provide tours and exhibitions about Hubbard's life and times. Hubbard was a very educated man with lots of visions and I admire that about him. Personally I'm not much interested in becoming a scientologist, but they have tons of interesting and very fascinating theories and ideas about humanity.

Read some parts of Dianetics and you might get some interesting toughts from it.

Dexx
yeah

The Redeemer
ScienceShit is a pay per view religion organized by Third World money hounds and aimed at the intellectually and socially weak...it's primarily aimed at those that has a bigger wad in their pocket than those with a bigger wad between their ears...

That's why most of HOLLYWOOD has the biggest subscribers...

fever red
I read a recent newsstory about a local course being taught at a community college as a summer course for high school kids. The course was called "Intro to technology." It reportedly helped the kids learn a lot about research techniques and the scientific method BUT... it is funded by scientology and contains some of their religious convictions. One conviction is the importance of language. Apparently they beleive that mispronouncing a word causes objective pain and damage to the user of the word. To get a boost of energy, you can learn the definitions of certain "powerful" words. They're talking about physical, not emotional or social effects. Its intriguing, but I doubt its based on any research- just philosophy.
However, if its true, many of us are doing ourselves serious harm right here in thses forums! Does the EPA know about this?

fever red
Aaagh! I misspelled "these." The pain...the pain...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.