Don't you EVER get tired of LOTR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xena fan
Seriously people don't you get tired of watching these films? I mean is fun the first few times but to watch it over and over again is just too dull. I mean I been reading some posts and some of you are sayin that you watch ROTK 100 times. Come on! NoOne can do that! Orlando, Viggo, Elijah, are all fine but why watch the same thing over and OVER again. Give it a rest will you.

Kitoky
Okay so you joined the forum to tell us to get a life? Wow....how stupid can you get.

I'm going to leave this thread open to all you people who want to say your part in this.

telcontar
Like we havent had sumone tell us tht before.

Why cant ppl keep enjoying the things they like? answer me that!

Xena fan
Excuse me I'm not calling any of you stupid. Im just asking if you ever get tired of LOTR. Don't put words in my mouth Sir!

shadowy_blue
I won't get tired of LOTR whether the movies were made or not. I've been reading LOTR for 5 years now and counting and whatever will my reason be to stop?

And people enjoy watching them and they have every right to watch it how many times they want. You don't have to remind us.

And why do we watch it over and over? Because we love the movies and we are obsessed. We wanted to support it and this is one of the ways that we could do that. And some things are being revealed when we are watching it for the second or third or fourth time that we haven't noticed at the first showing. And the movies deserve to be watched over and over so I don't get what your problem with it is.

And no, we will not give it a rest. Most people here will still buy the DVDs, read the books, and visit this forum everyday for many more months or years to come. wink

Thanks for your concern though. (If ever you are indeed concerned)

Kaleanae
Hey, I would never get tired and is not only the films, the books are great I'm planning to read them again...

Kitoky
big grin

Okay I'll be serious now. Fans of LotR can never be tired of LotR because we find it interesting and really really fascinating. We also indeed love the way PJ made the movies that it didn't ruin the books but it didn't make it superior either. Do you get what I'm saying?

Same goes for something as, do you ever get sick of watching Xena Warrior Princess? We just don't. We love our fandoms.

Xena fan
This is RIDICULOUS! Im not offendin anyone okay. Why do you guys get too sensitive! Geezh!

Kaleanae
and again, and again stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
No one's getting sensitive. We are just answering your question. You started the thread. We are just replying in our own ways.

A.D. Skinner
Ever read a book that when you finish it...you wish that the story would continue...ever watch a movie that you wish they would make sequels to for you enjoyed the story line ?

Well that is how we feel about LOTR. Revisiting the books, the movies, and chatting about it is our little way of keeping it alive in our minds. Not wanting to let go. We enjoy the story and that is all that needs to be said !

Smodden
i realy feal sory for people who can't share my joy in tolkien's world....
its an amazing story that will never grow old.....i will never grow tired of the books or the movies because I feel for the characters, i relate to the characters. Because when i read the books, i don't want it to end...ever.....because i get swept into the story, i feel like i'm on the journey with frodo, i feel frodo's pain when he does, i feel hapy when sam gets maried, i feel exahsted when frodo goes up orodruin, i feel the cool breeze by the shores of old man willow....I sing outloud when i come to a song in the book.....
don't think me or anyone else is stupid,because of what i say,, this is my OPINION and i care about the story....MY story.

so NO i don't ever get tired of LOTR .....oh and welcome to the forumbig grin

shadowy_blue
smod, your post made me a tear up a bit. Seriously..it might be simple for you, but I was kinda touched. big grin thumb up

Pirate_Girly
Never in my lifetime will i be tired of LOTR, or anything pertaining to it big grinbig grin

Fėanor
why oh why oh why must people ask us these silly little questions...

yes yes yes...why...why...I wants to know...why...if you haven't figured it for yourself, then how can you expect us to make YOU understand WHAT it is that we like about LotR...and it's not even about the movie...it's also about the books Tolkien wrote...

yes...maybe maybe...we may even be a littel demented...yes?

if you decide to stick around...we may surprise you a little...a little...

oh and hello and welcome to our forum... stick out tongue

Camellia
Anybody who was a fan of the films would never say that - if you wanted to be flamed, you are going the right way about it.

Camellia
Because it is quite obvious that the reason why you started this thread in the first was to provoke the fans and to hope that there would be an argument. You started the thread so you should have expected this sort of response.

A little advice - if you ever plan on doing something like this again, don't. It's simply suicide - especially if sauron gets involved!!

shadow link
theres so much to like in the films and stuff i could watch any amount of times, theres so many elements in it that are so high above any other moives - acting, scene slection, editing, art direction just the camera angles i apreciate more every time. i like return of the king more each time i saw it, and now i was talkin about wit to my dad and i got excitred just thinking about it and we are gonna se it agian now coz he wanted to see it for a 3rd and i wanted to see it for a 6th

nazgūl-lord
another thread like this thumb down

The Lord of the rings trilogy is without a doubt the greatest collection of movies ever and i enjoy watching them over and over and over

And i'm reading the books and these books are excellent!!!

Enough said!

sauron
erm....yes sometimes i do get tired of watching the films,,,,,thats why i dont watch them over and over....last lotr film i saw was TTT dvd EE about 2 weeks ago.........

i read the books.....i read other tolkien books big grin

thats why i love it, everytime you think you know basically it all, you find a whole new concept of it big grin

reading the TTT book with sams speech, but longer

'i bet beren never thought he would get the simaril from the iron crown'

i was like 'huh' then read silmarillion yes

in every book theres a mention of something you never knew happened and guess what...chances are theres a whole other book dedicated to it

eezy45
Its one of the most detailled stories, the character are brilliant, the languages are sounding wonderful.
Its fun to discuss. And Tolkien was a genius. If YOU are bored ---
you never read the book, did you?laughing out loud
Leave us and joint the General Forum; there's where you can be fully without LOTR stuff.

sauron
fully without lotr

i couldnt do it!

eezy45
not you stick out tongue
the xena fan.
or search some st*pid Xena forums on google!
at least let us have fun here

*Georgina_A*
lol. well said Eezy! :P

Exa
I never got bored of LoTR yet, no... maybe some day... though I highly doubt that. Ok I admit when I was watching FoTR each day it was a little boring... but now when I see it again.. WHOA!
And as long as I even havent read all books of the History yet I dont have time to get bored big grin theres so much to learn about LoTR that it will take me years to get bored.

btw @Xenafan - nice Avatar smile Miriamel, right?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Smodden that was a beautiful post, and it touched me as well, and you took the words right out of my mouth!

;-)

Hegemon875
BTW I think kitoky was probably calling YOU stupid and NOT saying that you called anyone else stupid. And I would have to agree that what you did is pretty stupid.

Smodden
it is stupid but we all have opps.....just some are not very intelligent...

Discos
I sure as darn tooting don't! as sauron said, its not like we are total die-hard watchers of the movies. Infact last time I saw a LOTR movie was January 18th....(according to the cinema stub)

I am currently reading up on the books and at the moment am half way through the Salmarillion. Reading books is also quite fun but takes up alot of time (for me anyways)

OrliNElijahsGrl
I sure has heck will never get tired of it, i am too involved and too hooked and too in love to ever get tired of it, the more i watch it, the more im learning more..and experiencing more of the middle earth world, and more im descovering on the story! Its a beautiful trilogy and has had such a wonderful impact on my life, i mean...if i could...i would thank toiken 20 million bazillion times for making such a excellent and brilliant trilogy and if i ever met peter jackson, id thank him 20 million bazillion times for bringing it to the big screen!!!!! Its a incredible world that i enjoy getting lost in, a world of elves, dwarves, orcs, men, ents, creatures, amazing places, ect...its just amazing, words cant describe! Each time i watch the films, i feel like im there experiencing it all, the emotions, the battles, the love, the places, everything, and each and every one of the characters emotions in the films i experience as well, i could feel the burden of the ring as it inched closer to mordor, i could feel the exaustion in frodo, the hurt of when he was stabbed (3 times) the weight of the ring, i could feel the battle anger through the battles, i could feel the bravery in sam, i could feel the sadness in arwen who made a difficult choice, i could feel it all, and its a spectacular experience that i will forever enjoy experiencing in these films! Words cant even describe on what a impact these films have on me! Its incredible!

So...to answer your question..no...never in a million years would i EVER get tired of lord of the rings, its all too brilliant to get tired of, and i love it so much!

Discos
here here!

OrliNElijahsGrl
*bows* thank you, that was a very long post i made, but it came from my LOTR heart!!

Lotr is just brilliant, absoulutly brilliant

Bloom4ever
Cheers, OrliNElijahsgirl big grin need i say more?

Isilcal
*never has gotten tired of it*big grinbig grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
aww thanks beer beer CHEERS!

hehehe

Smodden
*sniff*

*cries*

OrliNElijahsGrl
awwwwwww smodden dont cry *huggles*

Smodden
*sniff* its just ur post.....*sniff* its realy beautifullsmile

OrliNElijahsGrl
awww *sniffles* now ur going to make me cry!!!! awwww

im glad you think my post is beautiful :-) it all came from my lotr heart! hehe

LOTRLUVR
Nope,not tired of LOTR.Watching it over and over again amuses me.I almost wish it would never end...It is a wonderful and fascinating movie that catches my attention...The books are great too!(A little hard to understand,lol but still great)The movies are amazing PJ really did a great job!

Xena fan
Why dont you go watch LOTR again will you child? Seriously why do you feel the need to call me stupid for? I only ask a civilize question and Im getting nothing but rants. Sheeesh! Like I said dont be so sensitive!

shadowy_blue
Your question was answered in the exact ways that it was supposed to be answered. Those are not exactly rants, those are the reasons that you were asking for. And I don't think you asked in a civilized way. You were ordering us to get over it and give it a rest. Why? And what exactly made you think that we're gonna take you seriously? And I also think you're question was kinda silly. This is an LOTR book and movie forum. What exactly do you expect for the members here? To be fans of Xena? or Britney Spears? or Spiderman? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that people posting here are LOTR fans, so why is it that it's simply surprising that we have seen the movies countless of times?

And like I said, nobody's being seriously sensitive, but I can see that you are since you're starting to cuss.

And I also can't see why you are so upset. As if someone flamed you to death that your feelings are terribly hurt. I've read the whole thread and I didn't see anyone who did.

Kitoky
Those rants were our answers and if you'd bother read a know the meaning of them this thread would not need to go on any longer.

sauron
thos threat does not need to go on anyway

if we were tired of it would we be on the lotr forum board

no

close please

Kitoky
Agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.