Which Is The Best Evil Dead Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Which Evil Dead movie do you think is the best?

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2

Army Of Darkness

Dogbert
The 1st one; hands down.

Cinemaddiction
"Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn". More of everything that I liked about 1.

BackFire
They're all vastly different from eachother.

Evil Dead one has very little of the flamboiant humor that runs rampant throughout the second and third one, but it is the most suspensful and creepy. It has some great camera work and a damn fine atmosphere.

Evil Dead 2 has alot more humor, it's basically a remake of the original with some wackiness....a lot of wackiness. This is usually peoples favorite because it combines the best aspects of the first and third one. It's still somewhat creepy while having some great laughs. This is the movie that we see Ash begin to turn into the god of asskickery as he's known today.

Army of Darkness is a comedy, no suspense, no scare tactics, it's just a wacky adventure movie. This one is probably my favorite, it's the most entertaining as far as I'm concerned.

ragesRemorse
one was scarier and more serious, but i prefer 2 because it is more netertaining

SlickRick69
I'm writing Evil Dead 4: Army of Darkness 2: Kickin' Ash!

Destined to be a classic!!

Evil Dead
The Evil Dead...........best of the series.

SlipknoT
Evil Dead 1

Primitive Screwhead #1
2, AOD, 1.

Cowboyography
I would say one, because they were going for a true horror movie, parts 2,3 became more silly than scary, dont get me wronf they are good flicks but part one, that is the true gem.

ragesRemorse
anyone ever see the promotional movie before evil dead, within the woods, i think that is the name. I got to see it ounce and it was really terrible

twigNig
Evil Dead 1

TheFilmProphet
Army Of Darkness is the best evil face

Voorhees
Evil Dead 2. DEAD BY DAWN! DEAD BY DAWN!

ragesRemorse
try and dowload within the woods on a P2P server. You will get a kick out of it if your a dead fan

TheFilmProphet
What do you give it on a scale of 1-10?

Wolfie
Evil Dead II or possibly Army of Darkness

TheFilmProphet
Army Of Darkness definitely evil face

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead: 5 votes

Evil Dead: 3 votes

Army Of Darkness: 1 vote

EOWYN3
Evil Dead 1 was actually pretty scary and introduced some great directorial tricks, but the entertainment value of #2 gets my vote.

eggmayo
they all kick ass

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead 2: 4 votes

Army Of Darkness: 1 vote

HockeyHorror
hmmm i thought i voted...well my vote goes to Evil Dead. Evil Dead 2 was great but the first one i liked most. Army Of Darkness was just ****ed up.

darkknight
Evil Dead Army Of Darkness is my favorite.

TheFilmProphet
I'm assuming thats a vote for Army Of Darkness right?

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead 2: 5 votes

Army Of Darkness: 2

elvish_child
which evil dead is the one with the monster in the basement and where the guy first gets his chainsaw on his hand i vote for that one

TheFilmProphet
Evil Dead 2

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead: 5

Evil Dead 2: 6

Army Of Darkness: 2

Shadow_King
ARMY OF DARKNESS FAVOURITE.
evil dead 2.
i havent seen evil dead 1

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead: 5

Evil Dead 2: 6

Army Of Darkness: 3

Shadow_King
i count as 3 cuz i know 3 other ppl who like AOD a lot

TheFilmProphet
Just tell them to come and vote and if they do vote AOD we will have 6 votes for AOD evil face

Shadow_King
never mind.

TheFilmProphet
Alright. Anyway I think Army Of Darkness will always be the best out of the whole franchise until they make Evil Dead 4 ofcourse.

PRO-PAIN
First one hands down...

2 was good but was more comic relief that anything..

And Army Of Darkness was more of a comedy film also..

elvish_child
number 2 sorta freaked me out because around the beggining that wierd girl man she was freaky.

i have never seen number 1 but is it the one where a girl gets like murdurd in the shower.

i heard alot about army of darkness. where he goes back to the midevil times and fights of wierd things. but what happends when he runs out of shot gun bullets and gasoline for his chain saw.

but i do think they should make a number but i don't think it would b as good as the originals

TheFilmProphet
It would be better than the originals if Sam Raimi directs it.

Shadow_King
yea i hope sammy does direct it cuz if he doesnt than the movie will suck.

Shadow_King
and i hope bruce cambell(sp) reprise his role as ash.i know BC is old.

TheFilmProphet
He doesn't look that old I think he can still play a good Ash.

Shadow_King
wasent bruce in the movie exocrist something like that???

TheFilmProphet
Nope he was never in any Exorcist film.

Shadow_King
hmmm ok then. what if BC aint in EVIL DEAD 4 movie will flop like a fish on a saturday hot afternoon.

TheFilmProphet
If Sam Raimi doesn't do a Spider-Man 4 then Sam will do Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell because they are both very good friends.

Shadow_King
good.

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead: 6 votes

Evil Dead 2: 6 votes

Army Of Darkness: 3 votes

Shadow_King
can i vote agian.

TheFilmProphet
Nope. But if we could I would vote for Army Of Darkness again evil face

HockeyHorror
i dont think its fair to vote when you haven't seen all 3...but whatever big grin

TheFilmProphet
Well its their choice if they want to vote big grin

Shadow_King
who hasent seen all 3

TheFilmProphet
You haven't lol stick out tongue

SlipknoT
bump

ragesRemorse
i'l give my vote to dead 2. though the original is the better horror movie, dead2 is just more entertaining to me. If FvJvA gets made i gont think there would be a dead 4, but wouldnt mind seeing it. I would bet top dollar that Raimi will leave the spidey franchise after 3

SlipknoT
I wouldnt, as long as it does well, he'll keep making them.

ragesRemorse
It's just that he says he is losing interest in Parkers character, nad that the films are very draining on him.

tabby999
evil dead 2 gets my vote, and if you got to Bruce's web site, he has said many a time evil dead 4 aint gonna happen

TheFilmProphet
It might not be his choice because he himself said that perhaps they will replace him as a director after Spidey 3 because they might want a fresh new perpective on Spider-man. Hopefully this will not happen and Sam Raimi will stay for a 4th Spidey film.

TheFilmProphet
Votes so far

Evil Dead: 6 votes

Evil Dead 2: 8 votes

Army Of Darkness: 3 votes

Pandemoniac
Gotta go for Evil Dead 2. The first kicked ass, but I find the second more entertaining. The humor introduced here gave the film some more variation, and more memorable moments, like The Hand. In part 2 Ash get made into the cult figure he now is.
Army of darkness was cool to, but indeed a whole different kind of movie.

eggmayo
to be honest, i dont think you can beat any of the three... they are all special and as good as each other.

Jennifer_Tilly
The best Evil Dead Movie is Evil Dead II Dead By Dawn

COG Veteran
Necrobump from hell. This forum needs a little life.

Army of darkness kicked the most A$$. Gotta give that one my vote.

Q99
ED2 is probably still my favorite horror movie of all time, and gets my vote.

Army of Darkness was good, but once the army itself rose it could've used a bit more horror moments.

Haven't seen the new one yet.

Kazenji
Evil Dead 2 then followed by Army Of Darkness

I know The Evil Dead is good and all that, Just that i prefer the feel of Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness more.

horrorshow2012
Army of Darkness. Three words: 1) gore-less, 2) entertaining, 3) and Universal (as in Universal Studios).

The first one had some parts that made me very queasy, good concept though.

The second was too dull for me.

I have not watched the Evil Dead remake, and most likely never will. Heck, if it was the last horror movie, or the last movie in the world for that matter, I would still not see it.

chumdog
ed2 very good

JediRouge
I prefer Army of Darkness... due to the comedy and action.
Other than that, I think the 2nd topped the 1st, not by much though.

I kinda like my films mixed.. little bit scary, funny (when it's done right), very little drama and suspense added to it.

Patient_Leech
Should have made this thread a poll. Evil Dead 2 is my favorite. I haven't watched it in a while, either...

http://goregirl.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/evil-dead-2-1.jpg

http://film-social.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/evil-dead-2-i-want-you-1024x554.jpg

the ninjak
Evil Dead 2 easily!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.