marvel suicide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
i think marvel is committing suicide, character wise. I mean, from the looks of it, they are killing off a bunch of them through "the end" books, along with the avengers massacre, and "Venom vs Carnage" is supposedly the end of both those characters. Is marvel killing off all of their main characters in hopes that "ultimate marvel" will become the main story for all of them from now on???

bardock
i dont know. ultimate is pretty sweet though

Darth Jello
you mean a "crisis on infinite earths" type situation?

Mane
well Spider-Man is still going strong...unless he dies or commits suicide at the end of Sins Past

Shadow_King
i dunno maybe they are creating comic books on how they will all die. i think it will past soon. but if it doesnt it looks like DC will be back as the top selling comic book industry.

Mane
they are right now. isnt Superman the best selling comic book so far this year? and wasnt Jim Lee doing it?

Shadow_King
oh ok then.

Shadow_King
marvel is commiting suicide cuz DC is selling more comics than Them.

Mane
laughing out loud

Shadow_King
but i think DC will be back in the movie buisness after BB.And marvel might go away from movies than they will concentrate hard on comics and they will make good ones.

Kontraz
DC has THE top seller, but marvel is selling more books than DC overall...

Shadow_King
damit. ok then i dunno know why marvel is commiting suicide maybe they are too busy with their movies and they are slacking off with comics.

Mane
i think its just their easy way out of writing more story arcs...they just kill 'em off

Shadow_King
i think marvel is killing themselves cuz they cant think so they are making a bunch of comics which would kill a lot of characters than in a few years they will be back with whole new cool ideas.

Mane
like they did Superman in '93

Shadow_King
i dunno maybe. but i think they have used up their imagination and they cant think.

Darth Jello
nothing could be worse for marvel than acts of vengeance, the clone saga, and the overuse of apocalypse.

Shadow_King
have they ever shown thor's death.

Darth Jello
I think the best thing would be a good old fasioned company crossover. Have Mephisto, Belasco, The Beast of Revalations (leader of the Hand) and Azazel pool their forces and empower Typhiod Mary as the new Goblyn Queen. Then do Inferno on a global scale. Have some marvel shattering events- I recommend the returns of psylock (who's soul is apparantly imprisoned by a demon), and Jean Grey, the deaths of Proffessor X, Magneto (for real this time), Punisher (permanently), Elektra, the kingpin, Havok, Polaris, Bullet, Ammo, Milla Donovan, Sister Maggie, and Bushwacker. End it all with a heroic, massive battle between a beast fused Mary and Daredevil inside some enormous flame before she sacrifices Baby Karen (incarnation of Stick) to create hell on earth. Finish the comic with Mary's tragic death and wedding bells for DD and Black widow, and Siryn and Deadpool.
hellooooo eisner.

ScarletSpider
Marvel committing suicide? Are you kidding, they just re-wrote their book policies so Austen would leave. He's signing over as an exclusive for DC now. Who's going to prosper from this? Oh yeah. lol

Fiscally, Marvel is doing the best it has been in a long time. As far as all of these character deaths, I think most of it is a kind of Marvel Heroes ReLoad. Like they did with the X-Books. Their vision of what sells and what should sell is a little eskew. An ongoing Rogue book is retarded. A Rogue mini-series is okay. Everyone gets a mini-series at some point. Remember the 80's? Mini-series' galore! After Busiek's run, they let the Avengers slowly decay, as their (would-be) flagship title, that was a huge mistake. Now, with big name Bendis on it, and a promise of a massive reboot, I would hazard a guess to say it's selling a lot better now.

And I'm glad to see them give less big-name but great writers awesome chances. Priest, Cap and Falcon for life! It's a great title, but then again, it raises questions, is Cap becoming a superfluous character? I think they should end his current series just to prevent an overexposure and create less continuity problems. That's my 2 cents for now.

Alpha Centauri
It seems as thought they're killing off the wrong people and giving the wrong people ongoing comics.

Psylocke and Colossus definately need their own comics and Black Cat is only just getting hers I think. Sabretooth in October.

They need to kill off some lame ones. Bring back some good ones that aren't dead and revive the greats who are.

-AC

Shadow_King
what about Apocalypse should he get his own???

Kontraz
Gambit and Nightcrawler are, that makes me smile...

ScarletSpider
I don't know if a Colossus comic would necessarily work. I don't mind seeing stories with him af the forefront, but just by himself, I don't know if it would work. Nothing against his character, but what stories would they tell? His family is dead, he has nothing left for him in his home country. He is/or would be an X-Man. A powerhouse, but an X-Man nonetheless with no real solo character conflict to drive him. He's too much of a team player and too defined by his role in a team to ever shine by himself, I think. If they were to try it, I could, and hope that I would be, surprised and wrong in my assumption. But most likely we will never know.

Alpha Centauri
That's the beauty of Colossus not having a known depth to his character. Can easily create something.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.