X-Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
So I thought I'd open this up incase anyone wanted to discuss or talk about this years X-games that are being held this weekend in Los Angeles.

I've always loved the idea of the x-games because it finally gives some recognition to some of the world's other types of athletes. that and all of the events are truly fun to watch.

hell, even the rollerblading is now, because you got these wicked asian and south american contestants that are doing like 720 double back flips and crazy stuff.

I really really like the moto stuff. And i hear this year, the skate boarders are doing their big air competition off an 80 foot tall take off pedestal. I'm not sure how high the lip is, but after watching Matt Hoffman get towed by a motorcycle to get massive air on a quarterpipe....i thought this would be cool.

Also, i like how they added surfing this year, though the conditions for surfering this year are kind of pathetic.

I almost enjoy the X-games as much as the Olympics, except there's that whole country unity part of the Olympics.

Anyone care to share what they think of the X-games?

FlappingMangera
i saw travis pastrana get rocked on saturday night.

LONERgirl
I love the X-Games, but for some reason it seem that this year they weren't as good as last years. Maybe it's just because some of my favourite athletes weren't in them. I loved the Supercross event though. I think it's gnarly that they are adding more events to the X-Games smile .

PRO-PAIN
The X-games are great...

I am a BMX racer myself and love seeing anything that has to do with BMX bikes, be it Vert, Street, Dirt..

I do wish they would give a little more foucus on downhill BMX though..
Those guys are some of the best BMX riders in the world and deserve a little more recognition than they get.

Linkalicious
yah, i agree with you on that one.

Actually all of the sports are evolving so damn fast it's astonishing. Last year, a back flip on a dirt bike seemed impossible.

This year i watched Pestrana do 4 in one run.

wuTa
thats coz pestrsona is a madman...i saw some kid twist his body off his bike than turned it into a superman...it was crazy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.