He Who Must Not Be Named has been named

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MaxCarnage
Yesterday, they announced the official statement on who will play Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The original rumor was John Malkovich, but he stated himself he will not be playing Voldemort. Richard Fiennes, Star of the film Red Dragon, will portray Voldemort in the film. He plays an excellent villain, but honestly he is too young for Voldemort. Your thoughts?

angelsflame265
well make-up can do wonders

tigress
its ralph not richard hun

Scar
I dont know him by face. Any pic?

ladygrim
i know i posted some more characters in the upadtes of gof .. thread ..

Unicor777
Well, the age doesn't matter as long as he has talent. Any pics?

ladygrim
nope but it tells us who mad ee is and that

Darth Sauron
1- i thought in GOF voldy was gonna be CGI

2- Sombody get a dman pic

tracygarrett
go to mugglenet.com, there is a press release. It has a picture of him and the chick who is going to play Rita Skeeter. Also, if you've seen Maid in Manhattan, he's the senator guy J.Lo hooks up w/...

ladygrim
here you go this is wat i posted in the GOF updates

characters/actors ... on the wanadoo homepage they have a article bout it ,they say that Ralph Fiennes is to be voldermort Other additions to the cast include Brendan Gleeson (Troy, The Village and Cold Mountain) as Potter's new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, the fearsome Mad-Eye Moody, and Miranda Richardson, (The Crying Game, Sleepy Hollow) as Rita Skeeter, a gossip columnist for a magical newspaper.

The cast also includes Robert Pattinson as Hogwarts student Cedric Diggory, Stanislav Ianevski as Quidditch star Viktor Krum, French actress Clemence Poesy as the heart-fluttering visiting student Fleur Delacour, Katie Leung as Potter's love-interest and Quidditch rival Cho Chang.

Darth Sauron
MIRANDA RICHARDSON?

QUEENIE????

OMG!

~Air Angel~
laughing out loud he should play a good bad guy....... he was SUCH a weirdo in Red Dragon....I thought so at least

orlandoOYEA
Veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting, im so excited for this movie guys, they have so much to portray. Itll be interesting to see how they do it all. Especially Voldemort

Stooge
i hope they dont cut too much...i dont care how long the movie is but it makes me mad whenever they cut a good part from the book

ElectricBugaloo
This is off topic, but it would have been great if Robin Williams would have played Professor Lupin.

Lianslo
The guy from Maid in Manhatten...is gunna play the evil Lord Voldemort? well, not that i've seen the movie, but i heard he was really creepy in Red Dragon! stick out tongue

ladygrim
yup

Darth Sauron
I think voldemort should be played by Rowan atkinson like everybody thought.

General_Kaiden
eww.
*wretches*

ladygrim
i cant put his face with the character tho ...

Darth Sauron
But rowan atkinson is the funny nasty guy all over

blackadder...

shaber
I don't think Fiennes is too young for Voldemort. And Rowan Atkinson is both too old and IMO not suitable.

Darth Sauron
Too old?!?!

Voldemort is in his 60s you know....

shaber
Voldemort has been hankering after immortality and wizards age more slowly anyway.

Mr Zero
Should have known that since this subject is news and not "OMG RON IS SO CUTE" it wouldn't be seeing much action in here.

Not sure what i think about casting Ralph - he was unconvincing in Red Dragon but I remember how chilling he was in Schindlers List...

I saw him on the stage in BRAND last summer and he can certainly do Intense - bottom line, at least he can act: The folks suggesting Mr Bean need to go outside and take a deep breath, thats the most asinine thing i've heard in years.

naamarie
i think it'd be wired having rowan as you - know - who because i'd just be think about mr. bean the whole time... i dont see him playing an evil dark lord... but ralph Fiennes will be great hes really freaky in red dragon ...

Darth Sauron
No, i dont.
What you need to do is go, and realise rowan atkinson did far better things than mr bean.

Shows you probably havent ever bothered to watch

He can be a convincing bad guy you know.

Darth Sauron
I think

http://crux.st-and.ac.uk/~srk1/humour/blackadder.jpg

Could be more voldemort than

http://www.mujeractual.com/asdecorazones/fiennes/fiennes1.jpg

Darth Sauron
He ^ is how i imagined sirius...just give him the hair...

ladygrim
who knows he mite turn out to be a really good fit for the charcter

cuz we rowan mite be good but most peps mite not be able to take him seriously ... as a baddy

Mr Zero
So - I saw him in Not the Nice O'clock news from 1979 -1983 : Saw him with Peter Cook in the early 80's. Ten years later watched him avidly in Blackadder I-IV , seen his one man live shows, seen him in the secret policemans ball, seen him guesting on Fry and Laurie, showing up most years on the BBC comic relief appeal, Seen the Tall Guy, Four Weddings, Both seasons of Thin Blue Line, The great commercials that the crappy Johny English were based on and even caught a few of the (to my taste) unfunny BEAN shows.

He's a funny funny bloke. Never once saw him be a convincing bad guy - please, what did I miss?

Darth Sauron
Well hes the type of guy voldemort is
You cant say voldy isnt a humourous guy

Anyway, even if he hasnt been a bad guy yet, doesnt mean he cant be.

Its you people with closed minds....

ladygrim
he has hasnt he in scooby doo ...

Darth Sauron
blink
I give up.

ladygrim
rrrite

ada
Erm, is it just me or is Voldemort gona be fit!! It definately looks possible with Ralph Fiennes playing him! Hell, he was even fit as that evil german in Schindlers List!!! lol!

laughing laughing

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

ada
have you ever seen him in Strange Days??

WOW! hes that fit im speechless! xx

ArrghPirateGirl
Nope no

Ive seen him in Red Dragon and Maid in Manhaten........I think he will b pritty good 4 da role big grin

ada
Me too. I think he is ideal.

he'll definately do us proud! xx

ArrghPirateGirl
Yup yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.