Can we have a thread "JUST" for Ep III pics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RealDeadOne
Yo!

I'm new here, and I often skim through large amounts of threads just to see a few Episode III shots.

Would it be possible to have ONE thread for ALL the Episode III pictures?

The thread would have to be heavily modded to delete any posts without pictures.

This is my dream, what's yours?

moonwalker741
to own a theme park and call it "George Dubya Theme Park" and have magic elfs work the rides and the Pope to visit every friday...

theres my dream

PVS
...and a beautiful dream it is moon.

moonwalker741
thank you big grin

Jedi Priestess
yet another thread by someone too lazy to read more than one thread stick out tongue

RealDeadOne
roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
i think the next noob will start a thread called
"how do i start a new thread?"

queeq
That would take the fun out of going off topic....

moonwalker741
you are aware that you are still a noob too?

RealDeadOne
Yeah... NOOB! stick out tongue

Joking of course.

Anyways, I thought it would be an easy way to solve the "Does anyone have any pics of " threads that swamp this place. And wouldn't it be just plain nice to see them all organized?

I'd do it myself if a certain mod supported it and would sticky the thread.

And I'm no stranger to message boards and mod one myself.

PVS
yeah, but i didnt want to tag a derogatory term to "noob"
btw, are you posting under a new handle?\
if not, judging by your reg date, your kinda new as well...

Ushgarak
As already said, the problem with a single pic thread is that it would turn into a mess with people trying to talk over various different pics, or we would need a separate discussion thread which would then turn into a mess itself.

I might be tempted to go for it if I was confident that we had a tightly organised group here... but let's face it, we're fans, and fans are haphazrd.

Maybe some sort of directory thread may address the issue- telling people where to find pics, to save on request threads?

RealDeadOne
That's why I said "heavily modded". I'm assuming you have moderators here, and they could delete any converastions that go on in the "picture" thread.

I do like your "directory thread" idea though.

Jedi Priestess
^^^^^^^^
Ush is busy enough.....peeps need to just get a grip and realise that anything worth seeing is worth looking for, and quit trying to reorganize our system. Mess that it is, it works for us! wink

Anakin2Vader
I like how its done now... if someone has something new they post it in a new thread ... then you can see if anything new is out without having to check through a certain thread to see if you missed anything.

cavola
there is a certain forum where there are:

star wars pix..............

knoll visions...............

Webdocs...............

and ranting !

all in one thread wink

RealDeadOne
Point taken. Issue closed for me.

PVS
however, it may ultimately save work for ush.
many new people come here making threads looking for new pics,
of which ush comes in and either informs them of the proper procedure
and/or closes the thread. plus, they seem to rub certain people here the wrong way. perhaps a locked thread full of links would work to his favor?
aaah who knows.

as for me, i have no trouble searching for them. its kinda like a treasure hunt smile

Ushgarak
It's bad process to create a thread which we KNOW will be inefficient and require heavy mod work. It's simply not that much of an issue that it requires that; I am hardly closing these threads a dozen times a day.

If someone wants to create a directory (please talk it over amongst yourselves before we get half a dozen different ones) I'll stick it; then when new pic threads come it can be added to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.