Are there truly scary movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raventheonly
Define scary. Not just makes you jump for a second or makes you go eeuuu, but truly haunts your mind to the very depths... making you truly never wanting to finish or watch another horror movie ever again. I have yet to experience this depth of so called horror.

Mordecai
I don't think there is such a movie, that level of horror can only be experienced if actually in a situation brought up in a horror movie, the reason no horror movie can do such things is because theres always the thought in the back of your mind that its just a movie, movies can disturb you, but not scar you for life... well it depends on the person really, a deeply disturbing movie to one person, could be powerpuff girls to another, so yeah.

There are "scary" movies out there don't worry about that, and disturbing movies, but your describing something that would damage you mentally.

I haven't been deeply disturbed by a horror movie the way you have described yet

Pirate_Girly
Id really like to see something defined as "scary". I dont say there is such either, but I wish i could see something so scary, and gruesome that it has me closing my eyes, which i dont do much.

HockeyHorror
if u watch a horror movie and you get scared for the first time...then you fear the movie for a while....age wise

age matters. When i was like 6 i was ****ing scared of movies like Leprechaun and Candyman.

Pirate_Girly
Well i cant say i wasnt either, lmao. But everyone finds me as unusual *which i am* I mean my friend doesnt even wanna see SECRET WINDOW, i mean omg..cmon that isnt gonna bevery scary, but im a horror girl, its my life.

BackFire
For me, a scary movie is something that haunts your mind for days with negative notions after viewing it.

The only horror movie that ever got to me in this way was the shining.

DVDBase
I didnt see it but they told me that "The Ring" is a scary one

Pirate_Girly
I agree Backfire, but the shining...didnt have an effect on me

yerssot
well, up till now not a single horror movie scared me
made me laugh a couple of times due to bad FX and such yes

not entirely true though...
there was a movie called Arachnaphobia... yeah, that one, for most of you, completely retarded movie, terribly done...
but NOT when you have arachnaphobia matey! sick

Pirate_Girly
AAH! I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE!! woohoo that movie is freaking awesome! I love that movie and have the most terrible fear of spiders, i walked into the living room today and saw this spider (about the size of a grandaddy longleg, but it wasnt) and I ran outta the room twitching and squirming, and telling my mommy to go in there and kill it big grinbig grinbig grin lmao..Im scared of spiders and bugs and creepy crawlies.That freaking bug commercial *i think its terminex* for killing cockroaches, and then one crawls o the screen but its on the commercial, well the first time i saw that I DIDNT KNOW, i was just laying in bed, saw that commercial and when i saw that bug i jumped up and ran out of the room.

eggmayo
i hit them with hammers

Pirate_Girly
lmao.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.