The Time Turner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ada
Do you reckon the Time Turner will be used again at somepoint? Either to go back in time or to the future?

maybe harry has a reckless sense obver him after Sirius' death and may use it to get him back?

big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
Dunno Not sure.....Quess we will have 2 wait & c big grin

ada
I know. I really cant see how we wont see it again though x

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin yes

ladygrim
probably .. but i wish it wont

Unicor777
Don't think so. JK invented that just to finish the 3rd book, I gues she got carried over by her thought and didn't knew how to finish it without Sirius being killed. So I don't beleive she would use it again, cause it would be something old fashion to do.

Secosera_TD
Also, with all these theories about Harry going back to when his parents died, remember that in the book you had to turn the Time Turner 1 time ever hour, ok, so that is 16 yrs, 365 days in each, so 5840 days, 24 hours in a day, so 5840 x 24 = 140160 turns of the time turner....sounds like a LONG book if that theory is true LMAO

tigress
if it were possible albus would forbid it as it may make too drastic a change to the future if he did, i dont care how jk does it but she has to find a way to bring sirius back, though it would be cool if he used a time turner to go back and stop bellatrix and the others from escaping azkaban and joining the mission that night

Secosera_TD
But, If the Time Turner were used, then the present would already be the way that Harry would change it to...if that makes sense to anyone else, please, let me know....lol. But seriously, if Sirius were brought back, then in the present of HP's world he would be alive, because the changing of time would already have happened, AND then the present HP wouldnt go back to save Sirius because he is already alive, which would cause a rip in the space-time continuem and end all life as we know it...of course, THIS is why time travel is impossible because there are so many variables that have an outcome of devastating preportions....

ArrghPirateGirl
yes

ladygrim
most def

General_Kaiden
I think here is the most powerful argument to this.

If Harry, at some point in the future, goes back and decides to save Sirius. That would mean that Sirius wouldn't have died in the first place. Because the fact that we witnessed Sirius die means that he wouldn't have been saved.

Basically. The fact that Sirius died, means that anyone's going back to stop it is not in the cards.

Got that?

ladygrim
we didnt actually see sirius die tho ... he had just disappeared ... ( i think)

Unicor777
Ok. But maybe and very likelly you can not use the Time turner to bring dead ppl back, to save those that died. other wise Dumbeldore would have used it to save Harry's parents in the first place, or Dumbeldore is a maniac who enjoys in other people sufferness.

Secosera_TD
Also, like I said, even if he wanted to, the ramifications of doing something like that is unthinkable. It could change the whole world in so many ways

Unicor777
YEP. Dumbeldore can go in the time when Voldy's mother met his father and warn her that she would die if she carries his baby, and so on....
And then Dumbeldore will have to do in all over again so JK would write the book smile

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin Yup

ladygrim
i rekon dumbledore is a crazed loon that enjoys death...

Raveena Hakim
i think the time turner,is quite useful because in the prisoner............. hermiones secret was quite useful

Raveena Hakim
i havn't really read the end of the order of the pheonix but dont tell me what happens in it, because it'll spoil it

ArrghPirateGirl
Okiez big grin

ada
This is all so confusin!! xx

ada
confused Happy Dance Happy Dance

ladygrim
i to true

Abbita
the time tuner couldn't be used to go back as far as harrys parents deaths because then the person going back would have to live that life all over again in hiding messed Its really confusing actually.......confused

ladygrim
just a lil bit ...

hotsauce6548
Maybe Harry will suggest using the Time Turner to bring Sirius back but I don't think it would ever happen...

Rad_1
But how would he get one? There aren't any in the school, and Hermione gave hers back to Professor McGonagall.

Secosera_TD
Like I said before, if Harry were destined to bring back Sirius with the time turner, then Sirius would be alive before Harry goes back to save him...because he already would have done it. Time is very tricky

ada
Thats true! I must admit though, i'd love to see the time turner return!

Maybe Harry might have to use a time turner to go back and retrieve the weapon??

eek! Happy Dance

row476
Also, Harry would be using the time turner because of Sirius' death, and if he went back and prevented Sirius' death, then the future him would have no reason to go back in time because Sirius was never dead in the first place... make sense? lol (if any of you have seen the movie the Time Machine... that whole confusing part about his fiance....)
smile

Secosera_TD
The weapon was the prophecy Ada, Voldemort wanted it to hear what the whole message was, but didn't get to, because it is broken. It is probably better off broken now because there is no chance of him hearing what his outcome and Harry's will be, even if it was as shady and unhelpful as it was

ada
embarrasment

ada
You know what i meant! xx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.