Raven the Psychonanlysis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

raven guardia
hello every one. I'm took Psychology one last semester and I will be taking Psychology college prep next year. I love discussing Psychology but even more I love to help people with their problems. I know any thing form dreaming and the hidden secrets to each dream and were they come from. I know about the REM (rapid eye movement) sleep cycle, and much much more. I can also help you with your phobias and fears. or listen to your points of view about humanism and behaviorism. I can help you with complex's (oedipus and electra) any thing you wanna to discuss or have questions about please tell me. I will be glad to help you. I can also discuss disorders and answer questions about them too. if you feel as though you want your questions and concerns stay private pm me, and you can also post here if you wish. I promise I will not discuss your questions with anybody else, they only stay between me and you. I'm prepared to help you in any situation, I help people at school all the time. they come to me in confidence and it stays that way too. I promise you, I will try my best to help you and I promise you, no one will know about our chats unless you post them here were others can see. if you have any questions ask away,I'm always here to help.

Raven.

HockeyHorror
big grin hi
i enjoy discussing anything philosophy-wise.
good to see you would like to help others.

raven guardia
well thank you, I also like philosophy but not many people understand it (or well at least all the people I ever talked to about it).

HockeyHorror
big grin

cheeky munkey
you enjoy discussing psychology?...wanna do my homework for me?..... i have to revise everythin on psychopathology, i have a timed question on wed!!!
i learnt sum of wat u were talking bout... but we studied relationships, pro and antisocial behaviour, biological rhytms, sleep and dreaming, depression, schizophrenia, phobic disorders and all the stuff we did last year (which was bucket loads)
what level are you doing? like GCSE or A-level or a degree?

HockeyHorror
im thinking about taking one year of Psychology senior year.

raven guardia
well I'm only In High school and they only offer two Psychology courses. Last semester I took Psychology one which is the entry level. next year I'm Taking Psychology AP. which is a college course and will Prepare you for the Psychology levels in College. which is great! I would like to get a job as a Psychoanalysis.( a Psychologist which follows Freuds Ideas mostly). Psychology is very interesting. its been around for hundreds of years, but yet we are only scratching the surface of what there is to know.

Darth Revan
Philosophy is awesome... Though I don't think it's something that you can "not understand".... I think people just misinterpret it and think that it's this really complex thing that only college professors understand... All it really is is thinking, something that too many people nowadays don't do sad

raven guardia
^^^ very true darthrevan

but lets get back on topic, which is Psychology.

Peloquin
Hey bud I'm of like mind so if you find the questions are a bit slow and you just want to discuss theories, whatever, go for it and I'll respond. I lean more towards transpersonal psychology, are you familiar with it?

raven guardia
I will respond to questions to, I just wanted to stay on topic thats all.

Peloquin
I understand that. It's just that while you wait for the 'questions' I thought we could chat smile

raven guardia
oh, okay

HockeyHorror
Pelo> rhymes lol

Peloquin
so where do you see yourself headed with Psychology, or better yet where do you see it needed? like society based...where do you want to help?

HockeyHorror
since we are on the topic of "health" im deciding to choose a career in medicine but i dont know what area of medicine sad Peloquin any help?

Peloquin
when you think of each field, follow the one that makes you smile after thinking about it.

HockeyHorror
good advice big grin

Peloquin
The smile is a guide, a good thing to follow.

Darth Revan
If I was a doctor of any kind, I'd be an orthodontist... I don't know why it just looks kinda fun
Or maybe a horse vet but I take it you were talking about humans

Peloquin
sorry, should have highlighted it better.

raven

so where do you see yourself headed with Psychology, or better yet where do you see it needed? like society based...where do you want to help?

Darth Revan
My ma's a school counselor yes

Darth Revan
I know there's a big difference between a counselor and a psychologist but they do have some things in common

Peloquin
For sure, both try to heal through the mind. Counselors are cool, they're the peoples psychologist now days.

raven guardia
Well I would like to be a Psychoanalysis, because that is were you basically follow Freuds Ideas and I love Freud.....but I would also like to study Disorders. either way I want to help people.

what about you?

Peloquin
Have you ever heard the saying "you teach best what you most need to learn" ? Basically I've used Psychology to open the life question as it were. smile the practical application of that is teaching others to do the same. Transpersonal psychology is a holistic approach.

raven guardia
cool.......I love talking to people who understand Psychology, it is a very interesting subject.

Peloquin
In the end every psychologist has to ask the question"what's the point?" "for what purpose do people need healing?" what is it they're meant to be doing that the 'mental illness' or 'blockage' is stopping them from doing? and why is it important for them to be doing it.

The question that drives us smile

raven guardia
smile ......you know Psychology has only been around for only about hundred years and yet we have only scratched the surface on what there is to know, I just cant really imagine what theories and studies will be around in the next hundred years to come. it will be amazing and possibly very advanced.

Peloquin
Nah dude that's modern analytic reasoning in the structure of modern thinking. Psychoanalysis has been around since man could think. Simply by awareness of self one engages in psychoanalysis. Psychology goes up to a point, it's conclusion leads to a different perception of reality and the understanding of the human condition. Spirituality and realising the point to it all is the evolution of psychology. Psychology only serves as a path.

raven guardia
oh,.....okay. thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you should be a teacher.

Peloquin
I do teach. I'll pass knowledge on to anyone that askes. Well we're all teachers really, as we do we teach.

raven guardia
*hugs peloquin* you are very impressive.

Peloquin
*hugs back*

Look bud I see a drive that I had in me within you. You've found something wonderful and you want to share it. You've found truth and a key to understanding it and with open arms you say "here world please take it" . Basically I'd like to pass on some peace to you from a little further on down the path. If you continue this you will wake , remember and understand. It's all good smile the first step sets the path for the next thousand. Know that if you ask the question, as you have, you will get an answer sooner or later. Pretty cool thing to look forward to. You're already on the path so relax, things will come to you much quicker. smile

raven guardia
thanx *smiles* big grin

Peloquin
lol BTW my B'Day is the 19th of June smile There is no such thing as a coincidence only an understanding shared between old friends.

berserk
is this a joke?! You've taken one HIGH SCHOOL psych class and now you are qualified to help people?

raven guardia
I'm not qualified legally but I know what I'm talking about, and I can try to discuss things with you if people want to talk. and also Peloquin, can help because he knows a lot too.

HockeyHorror
you dont need to be qualified to help others...people back in the day just helped others...

raven guardia
exactly!....thank you hockeyhorror smile

Peloquin
haha that's funny. Like helping people needed anything more than the will to do so.

raven guardia
smile

Peloquin
So raven did you ream the dream I put up in the "where do dreams come from thread" ? what do you think of that area of dreaming? Controlled dreaming and so on.

raven guardia
I think its interesting when you can contorl your dreams......I will go check out the dream thread right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.