drugs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lucija
what do you think about drugs? are you using some for example when you want to enjoy yourself or you hate them? which drugs did you try?I'm interested in your answers wink

Mr Zero
Cannabis
LSD
Mushrooms of many varieties

Also the drugs that even the anti-drugs people use in all their wild hypocrisy. Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.

Cannabis was a social drug, the psychedelics i took as a means to explore other ways of looking at the world and to try to free myself from social programming and learned behavior.

These days I'm drug free and high on Jesus. Or some days i freebase Satan, depending on my mood.

I strongly believe that drugs should be legalized and information about them should be readily available, if people want to use them, foolishly or not, it's there own choice.

WhiteEagle
I agree to a point with Mr Zero. The problem is self control. While some can handle those drugs others get carried away, the same as with alcohol. Although miss-use of illicit drugs has the potential to do far more damage to the user, physically and mentally. I myself don't take drugs, but at the same time have nothing against them. I do drink on occasion but never in excess. When I do drink it's to actually enjoy the beverage, not to get totally wasted. I think that's just stupid.

Alpha Centauri
"I agree to a point with Mr Zero. The problem is self control. "

THE problem isn't self-control. Purely because it's not a universal problem, you know what I mean?

Self-control as far as drugs are concerned would never be a problem with me because whenever I choose to do them and whichever ones I try will be of my own will. I will do so after I have researched them and do it in an environment I feel comfortable in. Psychedelics are what I will eventually get around to trying.

I mean yeah, make all drugs legal and put info out for those smart enough to research. Those who don't made use of their freedom to take them but not to research. Which is stupid for many reasons. One of which being that you will miss everything you're supposed to gain from the trip, another being just randomly choosing a drug (so you could hit upon a real dangerous one.) Also, you would get people taking random drugs, getting high and experiencing terrible downs and then complaining that the info wasn't available when it was and they just didn't bother to check.

Legalising drugs would solve many many many problems. The biggest of which being the deterioration of street drug dealers. Why buy them off some random guy when you can go into a pharmacy, buy them reasonably priced with a factsheet and go about your day?

-AC

WhiteEagle
When I said self control I was referring to people understanding their own physical limits to taking drugs. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

While you may be very sensible about illicit drugs others are not. People will take drugs not fully understanding what it may do to them, take drugs in dangerous environments because of peer pressure and obtain drugs through dodgy sources. If the problem weren't self control you would hardly ever hear of people overdosing, which is a problem in countries all over the world.

Alpha Centauri
"People will take drugs not fully understanding what it may do to them, take drugs in dangerous environments because of peer pressure and obtain drugs through dodgy sources. If the problem weren't self control you would hardly ever hear of people overdosing, which is a problem in countries all over the world"

Yeah but it's their problem. The responsible ones are suffering because of the morons. It's their fault if they abuse them.

-AC

WhiteEagle
In your country do you think there are more responsible users or morons?

ladygrim
i used to hang around wit people who used different types of drugs ... and i watched them turn from respectable people to complete mrons... most of them in the group did drugs because they wanted to fit in ... i managed to keep all of my friends i never took one thing ... so it just shows that u dont need to do wat everyone else is around u to fit in ..

Delicious1
I used to do all different kinds of drugs.
Cocaine, heroine, shrooms, and mary janes were my big ones

But I quit that, doing drugs was the worst mistake of my life

Alpha Centauri
"In your country do you think there are more responsible users or morons?"

Dude I'm from England, there's more morons than responsible people here overall. Let alone drug users.

"I used to do all different kinds of drugs.
Cocaine, heroine, shrooms, and mary janes were my big ones

But I quit that, doing drugs was the worst mistake of my life"

Even if I wanted to try drugs I know better than to try Heroin. Possibly the worst, most dangerous drug. Cocaine is a bit dodgy. So surely not blame Shrooms and Marijuana for all that.

-AC

Delicious1
I was going through a rough time and drugs seemed to be the best thing for me. But i was wrong

Syren
Ash mate, ditto. Never tried heroin but I think that was down to my environment. Glady, the opportunity never arose for me to actually try that particular narcotic, but I'm also taking some of the avoidance credit because I could have found it had I wanted to. I've experimented with cocaine, amphetamines and a lot of marijuana, speed being the one I got hooked on. But I'm almost 20 now, clean and experienced, which is more than I can say for the people who have never tried drugs but still try to tell me I'm a bad person for doing so.

Syren
Hun, you and I both know that it goes deeper than that. Going through rough times and taking drugs to forget is all well and good, but you've also got to have a little curiosity to have tried them. Know what I mean?

Delicious1
I agree. Alot of people say I'm a terrible person for trying it and they refuse to talk to me. And for a while i believed it. One of the many reasons I've been so messed up. But I know i'm not a bad person and I'm clean and happy and that's all that matters.

Alpha Centauri
That's the mentality people need. If you try drugs and find that they lead you to bad places but clean up and lead a clean life. Then you've had the experience and come through. But recognised that there are two sides to the coin in that people can try drugs such as Shrooms regularly and be fine. Drugs can open the gate to bad gardens, whether you walk through the gate or not is down to you. Some people can, some sadly can't. Some, such as you Delicious and Syren, can enter the bad places that CAN be sadly accessed through drugs and walked out without any bad feelings to those who do use them.

-AC

Syren
The recognition in that statement has actually moved me. You said you are planning on trying certain drugs? Have you experienced any at all? If not, then I think you have the requisite mentality already inbuilt, you've appreciated what Ash and I have done and seen with no experience of your own, and I'm glad of that. Thanks AC yes

Manôkhâu
Let's see....
Crack Cocaine
Marijuana
Heroine
etc..

Darth Revan
I probably will never try illegal drugs of any kind, but I don't have anything against people who have used them. I'm also in favor of all drugs being legalized.

I hate to say this, but quite a few people who use drugs ARE morons. I'm not referring to any of the people in this thread, because I know you're all reasonable people. But the vast majority of "reasonable" people don't use drugs, or if they have, recognize now that it was a mistake in their case.

Alpha Centauri
"The recognition in that statement has actually moved me. You said you are planning on trying certain drugs? Have you experienced any at all? If not, then I think you have the requisite mentality already inbuilt, you've appreciated what Ash and I have done and seen with no experience of your own, and I'm glad of that. Thanks AC"

No problem. I have seen how drugs can affect decent people if they get involved with the wrong ones so I'm happy for you that you were able to pull through and still have such a sensible mentality.

No I haven't experience with any drugs, I plan to try Shrooms some day but I haven't as of yet. I just you know, do what most don't and survey my surroundings and things happening in them and learn from it.

Thanks for the recognition also. Appreciated.

-AC

ladygrim
i would never try ne form of drug ... my friends x-bf beat up someone wit a broken bottle while he was drugged up and he clamed he didnt realise he had the bottle in his hand (( he is now surving time in prison (again) for wat he did

Manôkhâu
I realized that using those illegal drugs were my downfall, and I got clean, Darth Revan-I was bad.
Now I'm getting married, etc....a better life, all in all.

ladygrim
smile

Alpha Centauri
"I realized that using those illegal drugs were my downfall, and I got clean, Darth Revan-I was bad.
Now I'm getting married, etc....a better life, all in all."

Happy for you but you do realise this doesn't mean the drugs are evil, right?

-AC

Manôkhâu
Uh......no their not.
Crack and Heroine aren't, at least.
They **** you up.
I mean, look at me. stick out tongue

Btw, Deadpool is awesome.....

Alpha Centauri
Well no drugs are evil but Heroin is extremely dangerous. Extremely.

Yes Deadpool is the coolest smile.

-AC

WhiteEagle
"Dude I'm from England, there's more morons than responsible people here overall. Let alone drug users."

I agree with you man. I think that's the case in most of the 'developed' countries. But hey, I could be wrong. I'm just saying that legalizing illicit drugs would hurt more people (even if they do it to themselves) than it would benefit. No government in the world would want to have the families of people who've overdosed or ruined their lives through drug abuse suing them around the clock. There would be an uproar in the community and the drugs would be made illegal again to save the hassles. The point I'm making is that the majority of the population wouldn't be responsible enough to handle legalizing illicit drugs. At least that's the case now, who knows what could happen in the future.

Darth Revan
The fact is though, drugs being illegal obviously doesn't stop people from using them. The people who want to use them are going to do so whether or not it's legal, and the people who don't want to use them won't. Simply making them legal will not make all of society druggies. The main reason drugs do so much damage is because they're so expensive and hard to come by... Drug dealers charge an arm and a leg for their wares, hence addicts are encouraged to steal to get money. It causes all kinds of problems... More than the drugs themselves would if they were legal.

WhiteEagle
I agree, but both approaches are flawed in my opinion. Legal or illegal you will have problems. I don't think legalizing them would cause a society of drug addicts, but you would have many more abusive, uneducated users. People would still commit crimes to support their habit or while under the influence. I just don't think any countries government would go for legalizing drugs. Apart from the risk involved and the money/time they've spent fighting drugs, they would also lose a lot of support from conservative voters. I don't favor either course of action, nor do I really care as I don't use drugs or plan to. I'm just saying that countries like the US, UK or Australia are not going to make illicit drugs legal in this day and age for those reasons.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but it's a case of how will you have problems?

Illegalising all drugs except tobacco and alcohol: Drug related robberies, street dealers, drug related muggings etc

Legalising all drugs: No street dealers, safer drug use.

It's the MUCH lesser of two evils I guess. It's almost nothing to lose.

-AC

Manôkhâu
Save going to the corner store and seeing coked-up druggies, that are so feked up...

Clovie
i don't do drugs. ihave very weak organism. it is better not to take the risk. confused

i use painkillers ninja

Manôkhâu
Don't get addicted.

Linkalicious
I used to smoke TONS of pot. Dangled in Shroomz, and have spent a lot of time around Speed freaks and Coke heads.

Never had a bad high, always had a good time...

But I stopped because I found a girl in my life that is more important to me than any drug.

Manôkhâu
shifty
Oh....yeah, me too.....

Clovie
so beautiful. cry

Linkalicious
Actually, she's the most important thing in my life...

Clovie
she's so lucky. yes

Capt_Fantastic
Natural drungs are fine in my opinion. But anything synthetic or man made can be really dangerous.

Oh, and alcohol is fun

Delicious1
Yeah, she is. smile

Linkalicious
kisseshugkisses

Clovie
i don't know about sumthin? shifty

vaya_the_elf
Personally I think drugs are evil.. I have seen what its done to ppl I know.. and thats probably why I will never do drugs .. ever

Victor Von Doom
Are cars evil by that same token?

Moo Cow
ive never done drugs smile
and i hope in the future i wont start, because i read some of the posts on the first page and the people who had done drugs regretted it, so i think ill learn from other peoples mistakes smile

Mr Zero
Thanks - I needed a good laugh.

SlipknoT
I smoke weed from time to time.

shaber
I have taken ibuprofen, paracetamol and caffeine.

Turbo-Cajun
I've done alot of cannibus, done dmx, shrooms, black tar, hash....gotten pretty boozed up alot, took a bottle of dramamine...

I want to do acid, peyote or mescaline, and salvia

Any recomendations from those of you who have tried these drugs? (If you haven't tried those particular drugs, i don't really want to hear what you have to say)

My opinion is that drugs are great for some people, and horrible for others. If you can't control your addictions you should take a long look at your self and figure out why.

Oh never over dose on OTC drugs, thats the only thing I've ever regretted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"By the way, I am high. I'm HIGH!!!" - Dave Chappelle

lucija
I have same experience with this pills. I have taken also some else. but now it is over me, for me it was way how to escape from depression - sleep after taking strong medicaments.
also I sometime smoke normal cigarettes and cannabis. and alcohol sometimes.

naybean
Some dude offered me opium last night. I didnt try it. I would love to try it once out of curiosity, but I kno that I would get addicted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.