Will Anakin act like Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
I was wondering, will Anakin be more of a leader like Vader in the OT? Will he bark orders and scare the living sh*t out of his troops? I think it would be cool to see him punish his clone troopers if they screw up and misuse the force.

Jedi Priestess
I dont think we'll see enough of Vader in EP3 to ascertain that unfortunately. sad

Mortanius
But we will see plenty of Anakin. Surely he will still have the same mentality before his 'accident'

Jedi Priestess
Perhaps after Mace's destruction when he has turned fully to the darkside.

captainmidnight
i was watching ep1 and ep2 last night,and i know mostly whats gonna happen in ep3,and when you think about it most of these separist systems are right for wanting to become independent,granted its led by sidious but thats only a reason for the republic to step in,sidious uses these independent systems for the sake of the republic to eventually become the empire,i know this is known but my biggest question is that are the jedi kind of the bad guys,i mean these separists know the republic is falling due to palpatine,yet the separists dont know sidious is palpatine and vice versa now we all know palpatine is the ultimate puppet master,but i think by the jedi stepping in to keep peace and justice there actually fighting just to kinda say "if you refuse peace then we will destroy you" kinda defeating for what the jedi stand for...

Cowboyography
I hope during the "Duel" Anikan will get to the point he begins to fight like Vader, just standing there and totally overwhelming Kenobi.

captainmidnight
Now what i'm thinking is that this is the reason why the real war starts,anakin is palpatines bodyguard,anakin believes it is palpatine who is keeping the peace and order through the galaxy,mace finds out that palpatine is the reason for these clone wars in which in a way should never of happened becouse mace now knows the reason these wars,and independent systems began was becouse the republic was under control under the sith,mace knows the jedi were duped revealing that in a way the jedi were the bad guys becouse they were responsible for doing the siths dirty work...

Sith Master X
I'm sure Anakin will act like Vader, even thought we won't get to see much of Vader in the first place, but to me that's ok anyway, because the main focus of the story all leads to Anakin's tranformation to Darth Vader, there much other plot that needs to be covered as well, so for me, about 10 minutes of Vader in Episode 3 is appropriate and acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to see Darth Vader, seeing Vader return is what I have most anticipated in the PT, but with the given story, I think the most important focus is the break down in friendship between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and how Anakin's hate and fear lead him to the dark side. So I guess, the story would just not require much screen time for Vader.

darktim1
yeah but won't he be more stiff as darth vader because he is going to have robotic hands after he has the suit on any thoughts on this for now may force be with you.

Sith Master X
Possibly, I'm sure they'll get him fit for the role.

Mortanius
Dude! How does that answer my question if Anakin will act like Vader?

Master Kadub
I thought that in AOTC Anakin is already starting to act like Vader a bit: scene with the Queen and Padme discussing her safety and Anakin just standing there, reminiscent of Vader and Tarkin in ANH.

And the way Lucas has already started to dress Anakin in dark robes, a sure clue.....

I am sure we will see much more of this in ROTS.....

captainmidnight
sorry mortanious i thought i was in another thread,but i think anakin already behaves like a young vader,and what i mean by that is the tusken raider incident,the way he charged dooku,his behaviour is dark and gets darker by the time of ep3.....

Sith Master X
Yeah. The tusken raider incident was an introduction to Anakin's darkside. Lucas was trying to show Anakin's anger and hate when he loses an attachment.

captainmidnight
another thing is that even though anakin is friends with obi-wan,anakin defies him,aND NOT JUST IN A RECKLESS WAY BUT WHEN OBI-WAN TELLS HIM TO STAY ON NABOO,he chooses to give in to his feelings and leaves for tatooine to rescue his mother,anakin is jealous of obi-wan for obi respects the jedi code and embraces its method,on the other hand you have anakin that chooses to embrace his feelings which ultimately leads anakin to the darkside...

Unholly_Cheese
I think he starts to change when his mum dies and he promises to be the strongest most powerful jedi..no matter what..no expression well the quote is something like that

kyle katarn 467
no he starts to act like vader after he wipes out the jedi and the jedi temple,he slowly turns evil through out the movie, and then when he force chokes padme then all that hate is in him then he starts to turn into Darth vader .

smoker4
Apparantly he is more aggressive and too sure of himself from what ive trawled from the net, i agree that his turning point is when his mammy crokes (my favourite scene from AOTC) reading

Ken Benobi
I have wondered if Anakin used Jedi mind tricks on Padme at various times in AOTC, like when they were on the lake retreat in Naboo....can anyone verify this?

kyle katarn 467
yeah i think he does,he also plays mindtricks on her when he tells her that the jedi are traders.

linwe_felagund
I noticed from the OT that Vader speaks very eloquently, booms his voice like a minister, and sometimes with a sinister tone. I don't see that in Anakin. But he probably won't act like this until after the suit.

captainmidnight
dude,the suit has really nothing to do with anakin becoming vader,the suit is simply a life support,anakin becomes more sinister by the time of the ot for the fact of him loosing everything,padme,his mother,obi-wan,these are all factors that lead to the conclusion that he has nothing but his power,he is sinister becouse of his thirst for power due to palpatine,the only one he truly has left...

nigeyo2000
I think the only way he will act will be as a result of the betrayal & anger he feels after Palpatine convinces him the jedi are in the wrong anf have been holding him back

like when his mum dies in the sand peoples camp....he was well p***ed

the mechanical vader act will come after the suit has been fitted

Sith Master X
I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.