Brits, have you noticed this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
"Prozac Discovered In Britain's Drinking Water Supply
August 08, 2004

British authorities have found trace amounts of the anti-depressant Prozac in the country's drinking water supply, according to a report in the Observer Sunday newspaper.

The observer reports that environmentalists are "deeply alarmed", that the anti-depressant is being used in such large quantities that it is finding its way into the water supply.

The actual amount of Prozac in Britain's water supply remains unknown at this time. However, the Observer reports that The government's Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) indicated the small amounts found are so 'watered down' that they are unlikely to pose a health risk.

However, an Environment Agency's report concluded Prozac could be potentially toxic in the water table, the Observer reported.

Some experts feel Prozac can have a negative impact on human reproduction."

So, have you UK citizens felt calmer lately, less anxious?

laughing

ladygrim
omg what area ... or do i just drive round til i see people high as a kite

Tex
Many fish in America's rivers and lakes are full of Prozac and birth control pills! eek!

It's true! yes

ladygrim
weird....

Df02
cant be bad.....stop people bitching all day hopefully

ladygrim
yup every1 will be friends and all happy and really really scary

lil bitchiness
Oh I dont drink water from the tap anyway droolio but i have feeling rather...good lately! cool

laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
laughing

ladygrim
i am neva happy sad

Baylin
I've always been a high happy slightly out of sorts person - I dont think its prozac though.... messed hoover

ladygrim
lol some people are just born that way

ClaraG
oh i didn't know that

Mr Zero
Must be BS - If that were true I'd be nicer to y'all.

furryman
well, unless its Coca Cola bottled water.. stick out tongue

ash007
oh well doesn't bother me

been drinking mineral water for years now smart

Corran
I stopped drinking the tap water after I read this and now I'm feeling all depressed erm

ladygrim
awwww .. beta be filling up wit tap water then

CherryWings
Hey i thought it was the vimto... must've bin all the water ive bin mixin wit it. dya think that water filters help? if so ill go buy 1. lol. but im not gonna die right?

Df02
yes you'll die a horrible death.....

of course not, dont you think there'd be alot of strange deaths in the paper if it killed you?

ladygrim
and least they'll die happy

Linkalicious
I'd love to become on Junkie on British tap water!!!

Gotta get my fix everyday! big grin

CherryWings
v healthy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.