A question on the immortality of Elves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Call my stupid but whats the point of an elf actually being immortal? I mean they can die of broken heartedness, or being slain at battle. What other ways of dying are there except old age? confused

Exabyte

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Oh okay. thanks I understand smile

ladygrim
smile and so do i ...

Manôkhâu
I think men are put in the hands of Iluvatar....eek!

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
stick out tongue

Fëanor
think of men as millions upon millions of nanites that infect the world...gathering information, relevant or irrelevant data and life experiences...once that nanite has stopped functioning, it then is returned to its host (Eru) and pass on that very real and very physical data on to Him so that He may experience it if somewhat on voyeuristic sense...um...yeah

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
heheh..?

elvish_child
Amin weera

elvish_child
n'dela no'ta

Phoenix Song
Please don't reply in Sindarin messed

but, anyway, on topic, if you think like I do, immortality is a curse...smile

flamewielder
i have a question so that i dont have to start a new thread....what color is shadowfax??? black or white

elvish_child
nim-white

flamewielder
oo okay

elvish_child
ya i mostly now answer in elvish

Exabyte
Actually, he is grey smile Mithren stick out tongue
He appears white, but the colour is called "grey" smile because the skin beneath isn't pink (like albinos'), but black/dark grey.

We even had a discussion in some horse thread about that if I'm not mistaken...
You should find it here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1047504#post1047504
smile

I guess replies in Isira won't help anybody, Elvish Child big grin smile

Welcome to the forums happy

elvish_child
embarrasment i guessed white because i though it was gandolfs horse from lotr 2

Exabyte
It is
But the colour of his horse in LoTR 2 is called grey stick out tongue even if it appears white smile

Tolkien describes Shadowfax as "silver" though I think confused

elvish_child
oh o.k i get it now lol i m slow

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
I wouldnt actually call immortality a curse (in my eyes..) because Id love to be an elf, id love to be able to live my days and not have to worry about dying.

Agent Elrond
well, after 4000 years, would u get bored? if it was just u that was immortal, all your friends, family would have died. u'd be all alone. that's the curse, IMO.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
..Not if my family were elves too..

Agent Elrond
Not rue it Tolkie'n world, but in our world, it would be easy to become lost with all the changes in society after thousands of years.

Well, it's ur opinion. maybe u can better handle imortality, although I'm sure u'd attrack a lot of media attention about being 3000 years old

Exabyte

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
It'd be nice to see what the world would bring thousands from years from now, who knows what we'll have.

eezy45
I guess men come to heaven roll eyes (sarcastic)
Remember Tolkien was christian. I guess he would let that be, rite?

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
supposedly.

Exabyte
He was a christian, but his fictional religion wasn't all based on that...
There isn't even a heaven in Middleearth erm they have Valinor instead ^^ but that's where the elves go...

The ideas for the fate of men are rather for example that there is a second Hall of Waiting in Mandos' Halls for them... separated from the elves' one... where they have to go before they leave Arda

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Exabyte
He was a christian, but his fictional religion wasn't all based on that...
There isn't even a heaven in Middleearth erm they have Valinor instead ^^ but that's where the elves go...

The ideas for the fate of men are rather for example that there is a second Hall of Waiting in Mandos' Halls for them... separated from the elves' one... where they have to go before they leave Arda
Not all elves go to Valinor. Frodo and Bilbo went. smile

Council#13
no expression

DanielLB

DanieLs_4_Ever

lothlorien.elf
ur quite slow ... read the books, I'd advise you. And the immortality thing ... well ... you know what? i could ask the same question about humans but in reverse. Why do humans die? Why aren't humans immortal? You see, not everyone has to be like you ... elves are different from us and i would say, they're even better than us ... so theres your answer. Immortality is just as reasonable as mortality.

bunny bunny bunny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.