The Official Versus Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ghetto Goblin
This is where you can put anybody from spiderman against anybody from anything. Then you can vote or post who you think would win and why. Even put custom drawings of the characters having at it. Or make your own little short comic book story here. I dunno. Have fun. cool

cosmicspidy9490
who do u think will win this beyond awsome battle?

Ghetto Goblin
ONCE AGAIN, no attitude or anything, but there is a thread for versus fights and stuff.

WarHulk980
I think War would win

Ghetto Goblin
wattya know, to newbs and both have the same names as the people that are vs. ing.

Ghetto Goblin
put all of your spiderman vs. hulk things and stuff in here, no more newbs making threads for each individual fight.

captainam
I know why you did that.
so here shocker vs electro
or hulk 2099 vs hulk
punisher 2099 vs punisher
dr. doom 2099vs dr. doom

captainam
I wouldn't try cosmic spidey vs war hulk for a thread.

grey fox
war hulk hands down i have read the comics he dropped a pyramid without hardly any effort nealy killed the absorbing man and was seconds away from kiling the 'unstoppable' juggernaut

Paola
great idea Ghetto..... hope it works

cosmicspidy9490
i guess u dont no anything about cosmic spider-man. he defeated a tone of enemys. magneto, tri setinal, titaina, and even gray hulk (with 1 punch), and many more. and plus he had more than 2 comics.

Ghetto Goblin
forget all that i said, that was before this was merged i guess.

anyways, what do you think about this one...

goku super saiyan stage three vs. against carnage AND venom.

super saiyan four seems much too strong.

Ghetto Goblin
i'd say goku would win, he always seems to pull it off.

captainam
I agree he probably would blast the heck out of venom and carnage. I might be wrong about that though so please say it if I am.

captainam
how about spawn vs apocalypse. is that any good I vote apocalypse.

cosmicspidy9490
your right apocolypse would kick the crap out of spawn.

bardock
goku should not even be mentioned he is far to strong for most people in comics

Ironman 66
are you screwed in the head goku can destroy the whole planet venom and carnage are weak compared to him

Ghetto Goblin
i know, and if there's any one screwed in the head, it isn't me.

i guess in order for goku to loose, you'd have to cut of his arms and legs, pin him down with something so heavy- LIKE ANOTHER PLANET- anyways, then start stabing him and beating him, but even then he might live. the knives might just break on his skin.

captainam
here is a nother one of my dumb vs thread black cat vs catwoman. I vote black cat.

captainam
a nother one of my vs thread lizard vs spider-lizard and spider-lizard is a real guy in spider-man. I vote spider-lizard.

Spiderman_RJ
catwoman is a godd fighter but black cat has super strengh, so BC wins
end of topic

Ghetto Goblin
the official versus thread is where this should be.

Ghetto Goblin
official versus thread is where this should be.

Ghetto Goblin
how about these from CaptainAm...

catwoman vs. black cat
or
lizard vs. spider-lizard (who the heck is that)

catwoman, and spider-lizard i guess, the power of both the lizard AND spiderman.

Spiderman_RJ
Venom Vs Tom and Jerry, i bet in T&J. Venom will have a tough time dealing with these two.

Ghetto Goblin
dang it, paola thought this place was going to get confusing. and now it is. because captainam (although my friend) kept making threads when they should be in here, so i put the two fights in here that he made, but then paola merges them in here along with my comments to those threads. it is very confusing, and if i sound like an idiot because it seems like i posted and copied someone's post your wrong, it was just merged after i said that.

Heathsaid
Does anyone remember when Spiderman went up against Superman and broke his hand?

Ghetto Goblin
no, i, don't recall.

Mane
yeah Paolo has a habit of doing this.

Spiderman_RJ
his hands or super ones? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spiderman_RJ
paola is a dude?

Ghetto Goblin
who said paola was a girl, and how do you know.

back on topic, anybody have any more fights.

Kontraz
Venom vs Toxin vs Carnage... oh wait... nevermind...

Paola
you can use the VS forum if you want wink

and..... by my sig & av...... can't you tell if I'm a dude or a girl? sly

Kontraz
you could be a guy with an obsession with the char....

Ghetto Goblin
i always thought that you were a girl, i hope i am not wrong.

*cowers* don't hit me...

Ghetto Goblin
stewy vs. baby spiderman

and yes, baby spiderman does now exist, if you say other wise, well... then, umm, i dunno.

i made 'im up.

Paola
I dunno if feel flattered or get upset at you guys, I don't know if being a guy would be cool or not messed

My vote is on baby spidey yes

Spiderman_RJ
is there a baby spiderman? and i mean there a guy who alway call u paolo so.............u never know.

grey fox
Round One - the Hosts
As you probably know both the Guyver and Venom are actually not one entity each but two. Each has a human host coupled with an alien symbiote which is the source of their various powers. So I thought the best place to start out would be with the hosts, since they'll be running the show. Venom - Eddie Brock

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 260 lbs
(Former) Occupation: Investigative Journalist
Fighting Abilities: Brock on his own doesn't have much in the way of fighting abilites besides a basic bar brawling style. He didn't really learn to fight til after bonding with the symbiote, which has its own unique style. It is unknown how well Brock would do without his 'other'. On one occasion when he was parted from the symbiote Brock did get in a fight and lost. Eddie is mainly the brains behind the duo.
Intelligence / Mentality: Although very smart, Eddie Brock is also quite insane. He has no compuctions about killing those he deems as "non-innocents" in fact he often delights in it. He has a terrible temper and will be even more destructive when angered.
The Guyver - Sean Barker

Height: 6'
Weight: 160 lbs
Fighting Abilities: Prior to bonding with the Guyver unit Sean was a student of jujitsu (albeit not a very good one). The Guyver has greatly agmented those abilites as well as helped Sean learn the discipline that was his major problem before.
Intelligence / Mentality: Sean is a very intelligent young man. He doesn't like killing but he will if he has to. Sean also has a quick temper but is not prone to homicidal rages. The Guyver has both mellowed and stressed out Sean's personality - he has learned to keep a cool head in an emergency, but feels hostility towards the armour at times and therefore himself.

If it were just host vs host, I think we would have to give this fight to Sean. Although Brock outweighs Sean by almost a hundred pounds, I believe Sean has the mental strength to come up with a good plan of defense and offense. Combined with his martial arts skills (which have greatly improved since he became the Guyver) I believe Sean would be able to take Eddie Brock down. Brock is just too dependant on the symbiote's abilities to be able to fight well on his own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Two - the Symbiotes
The real power behind our opposing pairs are the symbiotes The Venom Symbiote

Appearance: In it's most natural form the symbiote appears as a black, spandex-like costume with white eye-patches and a white spider design on the chest. It does however have the ability to change shape and can so appear as practically anything.
Abilities: The symbiote magnifies the powers and abilities of its host. Since it was originally made for Peter Parker the Venom symbiote's powers are modelled after those of Spider-Man. The symbiote is incredible strong and agile, has the ability to cling to various surfaces, and produces its own organic "webbing" from the backs of its hands. It also doesn't trigger Spider-Man's spider-sense. Because of its shapeshifting nature the symbiote can stretch parts of itself in almost any direction. It is also very fond of forming a huge fanged mouth complete with a prehensile tongue for its host Ediie Brock (and believe me those teeth are fully functional).
Weaknesses:The symbiote is extremely sensitive to loud and high pitched sounds, in fact that was how Spider-Man drove it off him in the first place. However over the years the symbiote has begun to build up an immunity to sonics. They are still extremely painful to it but no longer quite as debilitating. The symbiote is also very vunerable to fire (but hey who isn't?).
The Guyver Unit

Appearance:In its dormant form the Guyver appears as a roughly disk-shaped object with a silver globe on top. When it bonds with a host it enters the host's body at the back of the neck. When the host calls forth the Guyver the unit emerges and surronds the host in protective body armour. Although the color and details vary from unit to unit all Guyvers have a horn which rises from the forehead and arches back over the head and a silver control metal in the center of the forehead. The general appearance of the armour is that of various organic plates over an inner body suit.
Abilities: The Guyver magnifies the abilities of its host, making them stronger and more agile. The armour is remarkably tough and bulletproof. It also has an accelerated healing factor. The Guyver has an 'anit-gravity' orb in the waist which allows the Guyver to perform gravity defying jumps and remain suspended in the air for several seconds. It also has an extra set of 'eyes' in the helmet which warn of enemies approaching from behind.
Weaponry: The Guyver was designed to be a weapon and so is simply bursting with weaponry. First of all the Guyver posesses two blades (one on each elbow) which can extend to almost two feet in length and cut through practically anything. On the helmet, just above the control metal, is a second, smaller orb which controls a powerful head laser. The Guyver can fire this laser very rapidly at various strengths. However the Guyver most awesome weapon is the megasmasher. Located in beneath the chest plates the megasmasher is an energy weapon of almost unmatched power. Anything in its path is instantly incinerated.
Weaknesses: The main weakness of the Guyver is the control metal. It is the most sensitive spot on the armour. The control metal is attached to the host's brain. If it is removed the armour will literally melt down, killing the host. Although the metal then has the ability to regenerate the Guyver, it must be fully intact to do so. If the metal is removed and then destroyed then the Guyver dies and stays dead. A damaged control metal will also throw off the coordination of a Guyver, making them disoriented and unable to fight at peak efficency.

Now I can see how most of you, after looking at the stats, would probably say the Guyver wins hands down. After all Venom has no energy weapons to blast the Guyver with. All the Guyver has to do is use the smasher and Venom is toast right? Well I'm not so sure. It takes a lot of energy to use the smasher and Sean has to stand in one place to use it. It also takes a moment to "warm up" before it fires. This gives Venom ample time to get out of the way, if he realizes what's going on in time.

The one advantage that Venom has over the Guyver is his pseudopods. The one way I can see Venom winning a fight with the Guyver is if Venom takes advantage of his longer reach. With the pseudopods Venom can grab a hold of the control metal without getting anywhere near the Guyver. As long as Venom stayed behind the Guyver, the Guyver wouldn't be able to use his megasmasher or laser on old Chomp-n'-drool. The only defense the Guyver would have against such and attack would be his strength and blades.

Paola
laughing I've only read Mane call me that just once, in this very same thread so.... laughing

ok topic now...

Mane
oops lol. i did call you Paolo! sorry thats a guy's name...i feel stupid lol.

Paola
no prob smile

Ghetto Goblin
stewie is bent on world domination and has smarts, baby spiderman probly just crawls around on walls like a baby on the ground and that's it.

or at least until he figures out his web shooting stuff.

F_doomed
Goku would win NEwblet Due to the Fact HE yells Everything and STarts fires Now here is a FIGHT Spidy Phenox Vs Cosmic vs She venom with posion ivy and Banes power (that would be messed up)

Ghetto Goblin
who put that post on my thread, i would like it off please.

this thread isn't about just one fight, it's about all.

and i don't care about those to guys.

please take that off of here.

F_doomed
What are u talking ABOUT?

grey fox
hey gg it's mine but dotn blame me i had a ncie cushioney thread of my own when paola decided ot throw ito n here

Paola
roll eyes (sarcastic) don't blame me..... I'm just doing my job mod

grey fox
hey dotn og all gif with gubns at me ( i have ai ncreased ocnfidence due ot my siganture )

Paola
laughing out loud guns weren't directed at you

grey fox
why do you hate the symbyote threads

Paola
I don't
but I can close the official one if you want me to dev

Mane
mwahaha! mod strikes again!

F_doomed
Dont Close THREAD!!! my Rock is there would u Crush my Home plz I love it no sad

Ghetto Goblin
yes yes YES DO IT. it was my idea anyways, and it was just a joke, you probley remember paola.

Paola
dev

any more battles?

Mane
The All-Powerful Paola versus the Forum Noobs

evil face

Paola
The All-Powerful Paola, of course mod

any more Spidey battles? shifty

Mane
The All-Powerful Paola versus Spider-Man

Paola
eek! Spidey

how about a Spider-Man comic character vs another Spider-Man comic character? shifty

Mane
ok!

The All-Powerful Paola versus Spider-Man big grin

Paola
shifty which are All-Powerful Paola's comic appearances? sly

Mane
Supreme Mods #12-18. excellent story arc.

Paola
laughing never heard of it

Mane
you should pick it up sometime. its got this kick-ass chick named Paola Supreme smokin'

Paola
got any pics?

Mane
confused

sad no embarrasment

but she still rules !! evil face

Paola
really?
tell me one of her fights... sly

Mane
she whips out her mutant powers and closes all diabolical threads that endangered the integrity of the forum! it was an amazing battle!

Paola
laughing enough about this great character....

anyone have another match to post here? angel

Mane
yeah no kidding. we have 1 1/2 pages about her.

Paola
yeah just by you and me..... I don't feel popular no

Mane
well, Supreme Mods was the #2 seller in America during the "Paola" story arc, so dont feel bad smile.

Paola
laughing out loud

Paola
any further match, post it in the VS subforum

CLOSED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.