Jedi Trials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SITH
Do you think they'll ever show what exactly the Jedi trials are in episode 3?? It's their last chance and I for one want to know what they have to go through to become a jedi knight!! Also....... Boba Fett wouldn't be to young to be a bounty hunter......... he's one in the latest clone wars novel. And before you start shouting "EU" remember, Lucas has to approve those.

Havoc X
there are three steps to the jedi trials
1. The code of the jedi the student must know the code of the jedi
2. they must construct a light saber
3. They must confront the dark side and be tempted

Jedi Priestess
There is actually a book coming out in Oct or Nov called Jedi Trial......it deals with Anakins Jedi Trial.

SITH
Oh, really?? thanks for the info priestess

Havoc X
what are you doing here jp
and i told you what the trials are

SITH
I want to see them though!!

Havoc X
well i have never seen them but i know what they are

moonwalker741
im pretty sure you have to sacrafice a squirrel and make out with an amish man...

wait? thats just me confused huh

Jedi Priestess
LMAO moonie! and Havoc? What are you my daddy now? laughing

Havoc X
what is that suppose to mean confused

Jedi Priestess
asking me what Im doing here, like I was past my curfew or something

Havoc X
no its just i am surprised is all
pleasently of course wink

cavola
laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
LOL THX, I generally run through all the forum boards I belong to before I hit the sheets. Nite pal! big grin

Havoc X
nite

Ushgarak
GL has never said what the trials are but one assumes they involve some form of demonstrable physical and mental accomplishments.

yerssot
that's subject to interpretation

he does approve them as in: if someone dies, they gotta check with him if it's ok (they wanted Jacen to die in the NJO but Lucas vetoed), the use of certain planets (Zahn came up with the name Coruscant but had to get approved by Lucas) etc.

he does NOT approve them as in: besides dying and big plot events, the authors are very much free to do what they want, so if Lucas does not consider the Jedi Trials as big (and perhaps he doesn't cause he hasn't showed any real ones yet) he can let authors do it for him

NoFate007
I've read before (not in EU since I don't like that stuff and I don't read books) that there are a series of different tests. Some on lightsaber skills, some on Force powers, some on just normal mental and physical things, and that there was some sort of code to recite or something. I assume that it is very intricate, involving lots of things, but when I wrote a story of my own, the trials consisted of this:

1. Blocking blaster bolts with a lightsaber
2. Piloting a ship
3. Force powers- all of them, even the ones some of you might not know
4. Blaster training
5. Hand to hand combat
6. Obstacle course with a combination of everything
7. Lightsaber duel (non-lethal lightsabers) with a Jedi Master

Don't wanna brag but I like that a lot, I'd love for that to be considered canon...too bad Lucas doesn't read this site.

Protector
I remember seeing something like this on Cartoonnetwork (I don't know how true they are but)
Trial of Spirt
Trial of Courage
Trial of Flesh
and two others but I don't no what you have to do to complete them

Ast Rofan
You been thinking about this for the last 10 monthes? confused stick out tongue

Lana
Ast, give him credit, he searched instead of starting a new thread and the post was relevant stick out tongue This is the sort of thing we want people to do, remember? wink

Ast Rofan
Did you not see the stick out tongue ? I wasnt trying to be mean, I was joking. You will no when I am bashing someone. mad angel

Lana
Yes I know, I was teasing you stick out tongue

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Lana
Yes I know, I was teasing you stick out tongue

Oh......... sad

*smacks self*

DUMBASS!!!(to myself, not you stick out tongue )

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
You been thinking about this for the last 10 monthes? confused stick out tongue
reported

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
reported

What?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
What?

Don't mind bg, he didn't report you.

If he did then he would be in trouble himself. The reporting system is only for serious issues.

Ast Rofan
Does no one pay attention to the stick out tongue ?

Wickerman
Seeing as this thread was dug up....you guys have any idea if that "Jedi Trials" book really came out? And if so, is that the official name? I'd sure love to read it. Also, i remember about the "Trial of Spirit" from the clone wars toon, when the council has to decide whether Anakin is ready to become a jedi knight or not, and Obi states that in the clone wars Anakin's proven his worth and done more than the trials could have ever asked him to. Then the masters object saying he hasn't passed the trial of spirit, "facing the mirror" or something like that

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.