Why is it that...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
..........everyone wants what they can't have?

Kotaro
i want to be loved

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
I dunno sad

Maybe people like a challenge.

Anoushka
cry everything i want is something i can't have sad

maybe that's cuz when you have it,you don't need to want it?
do i make sense messed

silver_tears
It's so stupid if you think of it blink
I mean in love for example, why does everyone want the one who's taken confused

charlit
well i have everything anyone could ever want and im still not happy so there stick out tongue lol its true

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Because they always take the best looking ones.

Jedi Priestess
Its all about DESIRE kiddies eek!

Kotaro
i wanted to be loved by this girl, and she is leaving town so i will never see her again or get her answer cry

silver_tears
It's called a phone darling stick out tongue

Kotaro
its not just abotu looks

silver_tears
Yes, but why do we desire something like that stick out tongue

I mean if I see a really nice looking guy walking down the street of course I notice him, but I don't reallt notice him until there's someone with him ninja

I think it's the drive for competition laughing out loud

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
thats tru, they always take the sweetest ones.......or the easiest ones.

I rule
Ive always wanted to save a lot of money by switching to geico but it never happened...

silver_tears
do you even have a car no expression

I rule
Yeah a silver dodge viper with a V10 engine

Darth Revan
The females of a species of cricket in southeast Asia choose their mates based on how long the antennae of the males are. So the males go around biting all the other males antennae off to make theirs seem longer. So you see, deep down inside, we're just a bunch of great big talking crickets raver

silver_tears
Lies make baby Jesus cry cry and make me homicidal death

Darth Revan
what the hell blink

Lianslo
^lol

but i think that its just the grass is always greener on the other side! Its just human nature, we get sick of w/e it is we already have, and search for something that we think will take us to a new level of happiness.

silver_tears
But if another male goes around biting males' "antennae" off today, they get a hefty prison term naughty

Darth Revan
yes

Indeed. It's human nature to always be seeking something we don't have, whether it be in the past or the possible future.

Darth Revan
laughing

charlit
material things dont make you happy! i hav loads of friends, hundreds of shoes and clothes, everything i ask for but im never really full and happy inside because my parents r hardly every home and i think thats much more important than all the material things or guys stick out tongue

Kotaro
i will tell u my story then because its got nothing to do with a phone, anyway

this girl i haev know for 2 years called Kim Wilde i liked her and kinda fallen in love with her and i never even told her, but abotu 1 month ago my best friend told her i liked her and so shes knows and i was excited and luving ti because i was looking forward to our meeting, ya see my friedn told her at college but i was not able to go to summer college, and well kim is not going to my college, but she did go to summer college, anyway i was really happy abotu it then i asked my friedn just to be sure that she was going to my college and it seems that she is nto going to my college and she is going to a diff college out of town, so she is moving house so she can live out of town and i wont' see her again and she just found out i love her too, but i nevr got her answer, if she liked me or not because she never told my friend and i cryed about it because i really love her and i will never see her again, plus i have been dreaming abotu her and thinking abotu her all the time but i think her face is fading, i don't want to forget abotu her face tho, and i have not seen her in a month now and will never see her again so she will just fade away slowly cry but i dont' want to forget her face!!, ist so pretty althougth other ppl don't think she is the bestest looking i still love her and thats all that matters just theres nothing i can do, i don't have her phone number so i can't say goodbye to her plus i have not talked to her while she knows i like her cry my life just does nto get any worse really and i have been crying alot latey because of it cry. So thats my story, do u understand now

Darth Revan
Friends aren't material. They're very immaterial in fact, one of the best things you can come by in life.

silver_tears
sweetie, if she fades, it's not love no

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Totally Right. cool

charlit
yeah i guess....my frends are great

Kotaro
i have a song that reminds me of her and pictures so she won't fade ever, just should i move on tho, but i kinda want to keep loving her forever tho i don't want to forget abotu her, thast why i have kept them things, that song is the best tho, ist so nice the voice, it really reminds me of kim cry

silver_tears
if she doesn't return your feelings, you have to move on, it doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on the past no

Kotaro
i never got her answer tho, and if she has ppl in this town i live in like friends and family still she might come back, but i have no idea if i will see her tho but still anything is possible right

silver_tears
well I'm sure you'll always remember her, but if you don't notice others around you because of her, that's not good either erm

Darth Revan
Well actually... I'm going to partially take back what I just said. The way I see it, there are two different kinds of "friends" in modern society. There's the kind that are actually your friends, and like you because of your personality/interests/whatever... And then there's the kind that really just socialize with you because you're the constant center of attention. I constantly see huge groups of kids at school who only hang out with each other because they want to be like one or two kids that everybody loves. And frankly, it sucks. It makes you look like a sheep in a flock. So REAL friends are great, but I learned a long time ago that relying on being a "sheep" just sucks ass. You can't trust anybody who you don't know really well... Life's a b!tch erm

Kotaro
i don't get out the house much LOL

Deity
i want an iPod, and im getting one soon cool

RaventheOnly
erm its because there are armed guards in the way.... and the nuke is too heavy stick out tongue j/k

Anoushka
smart well said Nivek

I'm reminded of why I like you so much happy

m!$hA
i dont know...thats a very....annoying question! but i guess the only answer i can give is "you only appreciate what youve got until its gone"...............or something like that messed

kofmaster

Anoushka
laughing out loud
the right term is 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' i believe happy

m!$hA
no no, its more along the lines of what i said yes

but wehat u said is also a phrase!

Anoushka
messed so you mean when you lose that something you don't appreciate it anymore?

as in, out of sight,out of mind?

roll eyes (sarcastic) oh man these people who come up with phrases oughta work together.how on earth can these two phrases coexist i don't understand.

m!$hA
no, i mean like....its like say when you have a boyfriend (its the 1st thing that camt to my mind) who you dont love that much....so u break up with him...then you realise how much you love him!!! u know?

Anoushka
that's what i said - "familiarity breeds contempt,and absence makes the heart grow fonder"

when you have something,you don't realise how much it means to you - in fact,you might even end up disliking that person or place or whatever.but once it's gone...you'll die to have it back,cuz only then you realise how much it means to you.
smart is that what you meant?

dave123
because if they have it, they no longer want it as badly. but if there's something you can't have you want it even more.

basically: the grass is always greener yes

kofmaster
o.o....can i burn the grass? eek!

dave123
no, because you don't always get what you want no

you're a pretty good example: you only want my nut, because it's my precious happy you're just jealous stick out tongue

m!$hA
sure is!!!!
ive had that with my last b/f...i never really appreciated him so i broke up with him.....well i dont wanna go back out with him, i just wanna be closer than we are now....were pretty good friends...but not as close as we were before!

Anoushka
i just love being the li'l know-it-all scholar smokin'laughingroll eyes (sarcastic)

i know how it is yes you don't truly appreciate what you've got til it's gone

kofmaster
0.0...that so didnt sound right ^^ WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darth Revan
I lover you jithra love happy droolio

Korri
I lover you all

silver_tears
droolio

Darth Sauron
Theres people like that here....

angelsflame265
most of the time people don't know what they want

Darth Sauron
people NEVER know what they want.

Go watch bruce almighty stick out tonguewink

Darth Revan
Yes I know

~Angel~
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by silver_tears
..........everyone wants what they can't have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doh No, no, no, no...

Take it from someone who's taken way too many psychology classes.

We all seem to desire things we can't have. Why? Competition? Supply and demand? Maybe. It is more likely that we desire things because we create this fantasy about what it would be like to have it. When we recieve it and find ourselves no longer wanting it, it may be because it is not as grand as we had imagined.

Those of us who desire the love of another, and finally recieve it, know this to be true. We tell ourselves that we will be better off, and happier when that person loves us. We think that it can make our entire existence worth living. But, as we soon learn, that person is normal. He/she has their own flaws and problems. Soon, the pedestal we have put them on has crumbled, and, oops, we're bored again......

HockeyHorror
i want my brain back sad i cant believe i lost it in satans rectum cry

~Angel~
I really hope you find your brain soon............

HockeyHorror
thank you big grin

~Angel~
especially now that no one will read what I had spent time thinking and writing about!! mad

HockeyHorror
i will read it write now big grin dont worry

HockeyHorror
ooo we have a psychologist yes nice very nice. true^

but not always

~Angel~
not always... but many times, is true

HockeyHorror
that was a good explanation, but dont post it on this forum. people will ignore it sad

the General Disccusion forum and philosophy forum will enjoy it yes

i love philosophy yes

~Angel~
is there a thread asking the same question there? erm

HockeyHorror
not sure erm

~Angel~
cry

HockeyHorror
i should be the one crying cry

i made a good thread but not many people read it cuz it was too long laughing out loud

philosophy forum- title of thread was Zend Avesta (page 1 i think)

~Angel~
I sowwie... cry

HockeyHorror
lol

i must go back into the uranium depths of California no expression

good night guyz

~Angel~
night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.