The importance of homonyms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
All too often I see young people these days confusing "your" and "you're"; "their", "they're", and "there". There is a difference folks. Learn it. It will serve you well.

Learn your "theirs", people, and the world will be a better place for us all smart pirate raver

Tired Hiker
I just voted. cool

Silver Stardust
...DR...WTF?!

Daryl...droolio

Darth Revan
Exactly.

Tired Hiker
What the hell is a Daryl Pulumbro again? embarrasment

Silver Stardust
Don't ever say that to Milla....he's lovely and a great singer, that's who!

Darth Revan
the lead singer of Glassjaw smart

Silver Stardust
droolio Yep!!!

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud I'm not afraid of Milla.

Darth Revan
Yes you are no expression

Silver Stardust
I think just about everyone is...especially when it comes to getting between her and Daryl.

Tired Hiker
Sorry, I have other things to worry about other than teen lust for an overrated rock star. stick out tongue

furryman
.....Daryl..... droolio

Syren
laughing

"I agree fundamentally. Young people have forgotten the value of proper grammar!"

But I do believe, and I mean no derogatory intent with this suggestion, that it would perhaps appear better had you written;

"I concur entirely. Young people today have forgotten the fundamental values of being gramatically correct!"

smart

*runs away*

Tired Hiker
Yes, Syren, that sounds better! beer

MC Mike
fish

Vampy
ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!! rock

dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Darth Revan
Actually that does sound better. But I can't edit the poll...

Tired Hiker
There, I just edited it! big grin Finally I had an excuse to use my mod powers. I never really use them much. erm

Darth Revan
It's the same as it was before...

Darth Revan
oh wait nevermind

Lil' Backfire
A point well eliterated, Darth Revan.

I find that a plethera of youths have somehow created a mock-up of what I like to call the English Language. When we have "full sentences" composed of letters substituting words, the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

"wut r u doin?" <- that is not english, rather it is a disgrace.

English used to be a beautiful thing, but now it is nothing more then jibberish for the most part.

Your a ***. <-- I love this one. And the best part is the speaker claims I am the one who needs to learn the language. laughing

You are a *** is the full sentence. And YOU + ARE = YOU'RE! yes

Poor grammer and lack-luster spelling are spreading like wildfire. Please, do yourself a favour and use the wonderful tool of spellcheck. Also, understand that spellcheck CHECKS SPELLING, not words that are out of context and/or homonyms misplaced.

Thank you, and have a great day!

-Cyke

Darth Revan
clapping

I applaud you, Lil' Backfire. Well said, my good man!

Lil' Backfire
embarrasment

You are just saying that. embarrasment embarrasment

Nivvy
The Importance of that known as -Homonym.

*Takes out Austin Powers Script*
Tehhe... .. . ..

Tela
Although I agree completely D.R. I voted I will kick your ass with a rubber fish

Darth Revan
Hooray for me fish happy

PrefectRonnykin
smart pathetic DR you spelled grammatically wrong

Darth Revan
No I didn't... Tired Hiker did... smart

PrefectRonnykin

smart

Tela
Like I would have a rubber fish. Wait I do blink

Darth Revan
I bought a joke book from this old hippie dude who calls himself "frog" and goes around selling these things that he writes himself. He makes you squeeze his rubber chicken and his rubber cow before you can have one of them blink

Tela
Okay, that's really weird.

Darth Revan
The town where I live is weird beyond belief. I went to the Oregon Country Fair a few weeks ago, which is basically a big hippie party that lasts all week. There was this guy in a giant wolf suit on stilts who tried to hug my friend's 11 year old brother... blink And another time, there was a guy sitting in the middle of a field rolling some special "something" up in little slips of paper... Then the cops came along and had a little chat with him laughing

Tela
And I"m sure you were a partner in that conversation.

Darth Revan
Oh yeah, I was smokin'

Clovie
true. i'm making mistakes coz it is not my language but i'm still confused when i'm seeing a post from someone whose born language is english and i have to guess every other word blink

Syren
My version got the most votes.

Don't you just love me big grin

*remembers she's supposed to be being elusive*

blink

Deathblow
Oregon sucks ranting

Samurai Guy
Should I post Grandpa Simpsons story about the boat to Shelbyville?

Deathblow
Is that the one where he attached an onion to his belt (which was the style at the time) ?

Samurai Guy
Indeed. laughing

Deathblow
in that case, post away george

silver_tears
Nivek your intelligence turns me on droolio

Darth Revan
your voice turns me on droolio

silver_tears
I'm flattered droolio

Darth Revan
Cool droolio

silver_tears
You're hot droolio hotter than Samuel yes

Darth Revan
Really? I'm flattered into next Thursday droolio

silver_tears
Can it be next Friday? I hate Thursdays droolio

Darth Revan
Sure, I also hate Thursdays droolio

silver_tears
We're soulmates baby droolio

Darth Revan
My stupid threads PWN JOO ALL! droolio

MC Mike
Nice revival. What can I say? I think it's time to bring in my own best thread...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.