Greatest Heist in A Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloomBabyGirl
im not talkin like small robbery im talkin oceans 11 the italian job robberys. the most well xsecuted 1's. what is your best?

roundisfunny
Some recent ones that come to mind are "The Score", "Heist" and "The Italian Job". Even if the movies themselves weren't up to scratch, the heists therein were generally pretty clever.

Also: "The Heist" (1989) and "The Killing", both about racetrack robberies. Plus, "The Thomas Crown Affair" and most movies from this era about con-men, like "Matchstick Men" and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

But then, you asked which was best, didn't you? Okay, I'll say David Mamet's "Heist". Feel free to disagree; they each have their merits, but I had to choose one, so....

Terran
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels isn't a heist flick, Stupid, its a con artist flick. And just so you kids know, the first heist flick was the 1950 John Huston film THE ASPHALT JUNGLE. Later films in this Ouevre were Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING, GAMBIT starring Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine, WHO'S MINDING THE MINT, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, BONNIE AND CLYDE, KELLY'S HEROES, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR with Steve MacQueen, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY with Clint Eastwood etc etc etc

moonwalker741
wow thats alot of caps...

i dont know if this is the greatest heist movie, but my favorite is oceans eleven smile

Linkalicious
I dunno about the best. But the worst has to be Analyze That. That movie sucked!

Myth
He didn't say Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was a heist flick, stupid, he said it was about con-men. Also, I wouldn't count "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" as a heist flick. They were simply told where to dig up the treasure. It never said they were stealing the gold and hense, not a heist flick, stupid.

RaventheOnly
One of the best almost pulled of heists was in Heat big grin just because they had M-16 big grin and a lot of them died cool big grin

Cowboyography
I liked gone is 60 seconds. also that flick where Norton playted the tard.

Discos
ah Ocean's Eleven was pure class.

Entrapment was a good one, also there was another film with Robert Deniro in it which he is stealing some money from a safe I believe.

Jedi Priestess
Italian Job and Thomas Crown Affair are 2 of the most recent that come to my mind.

wuteva
Oceans's eleven is awesome

BloomBabyGirl
ya but i dont kow how oceans 12 is gonna be

SnakeEyes
heist flick that come to mind : the italian job, heist, the thomas crown affair, oceans 11, oceans 12, gone in 60 seconds, the score, and matchstick men.

my favorite out of those? oceans 11 (hopefully oceans 12 can change that)

best pulled heist? the score. Why? becasue all along edward norton was trying to trick deniro and up until the end u thought he was, but robert deniro proved that he was definitely the man by the end of the film.

Bornwild2152
oceans 11 was good and there coming out with oceans 12 i can't wait. The Matchmaker had a pretty good con.

<<Solo>>
Resevoir Dogs

CaribbeanLove
Oceans eleven! No doubt! I love it!

Maverick2364
Ocean's Eleven was my favorite. Complete brilliance in planning and executing. Very well done. thumb up

You Suck
Ocean's Eleven, Entrapment, The Italian Job

Solo
You're all forgetting possibly the greatest heist film ever.

Atomic Rico
If you remember, the heist in Reservoir Dogs turned out to be a failure-but cmon, Mr.Blonde kills everybody in the bank rifle

Solo
So what if it was a failure? The movie was based on a heist.

Atomic Rico
Yeah, I know. I'd someday like to see tarantino make an anime short or something of what actually happened inside the bank

You Suck
Oh I like most of the heists in the 007 movies too. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.