GG's Fighting Style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J-Unit
Is It Gonna Rock or What Dude?

Scarabi
i don't see him fighting . ^o)

darktim1
I can't wait to see general grievious fight on the big screen it is going to rock I think he will prove that he is evil when he fights. He will also be in clone wars cartoon series comming out in march.

J-Unit
i Know Heard That To But When He Was Fighting in The Cartoons I Thought If It Will Be Different in Episode III

NoFate007
I hope Grievous fights differently from the Clone Wars cartoon, cause to me that looked kinda silly. I hope he's fast, but I don't want him to be spinning around and jumping like he was and stuff. I don't want him to be ruthless and slow like Vader was in the classic trilogy, but I don't want him spinning lightsabers in circles. I'd rather him take advantage of the fact that he's a droid and can do some things humans can't, but don't spin it that fast, it looks like its more defensive than he should be. He's the mother that killed more Jedi than ever before...let him show how.

J-Unit
I Agree

Anakin2Vader
where is that pic from?

darkknight
I Agree with J-Unit

NoFate007
I agree with darkknight, wherein I agree with J-Unit...which means I agree with myself......hey, you don't know, maybe I have split personalities...or maybe I do too.

darktim1
all I know he is a evil robot that has no remorse.

Ushgarak
Well, not only is a cartoon always going to be stylistically different from the film, they animators did actually have to make up that stuff from scratch, so we can all expect the film style to be different.

Master Kadub
If they make grevious so awesome that he is just devestating the Jedi; it will suck so bad....
Lucas has already destroyed most of the allure and mystic about the Jedi in Attack of the Clones...
He has turned the Jedi into mortals..... confused

Makes you wonder how Vader and Palpatine survived after the fall of the Jedi....

NoFate007
Well as long as they don't make Grievous look like there is absolutely no weakness. If they show him kicking ass and then they show Kenobi kill him then its like "Oh...THAT's why Kenobi could last the purge, he's one bad mother." I'd rather see a very strong villain that helps explain how 10,000 Jedi are wiped out than to see some incredibly weak thing just thrown in cause its in the plot formula. Know what I mean? Would you rather have a stronger Maul type character, or a Salacious Crumb? lol

Cowboyography
I am very worries about GG. The beasts in episode 2 looked ok but as with all CG it looks fake. IMO GG should have been a human. But Oh Well, I getting used to GL and his beloved CG.

Sith Master X
I'm not to worried about about GG. I've got plenty of faith where he is concerned. From the CG pics that I've seen, he looks awesome, now I can only hope this his fighting style will be as cool as he looks.

NoFate007
As I said before, I think he'll look real and cool as long as he isn't spinning his lightsabers like an idiot. If that happens I think everyone will just go "oh, thats so fake"...granted, it is..but it shouldn't look like it.

Ushgarak
I don't see why Jedi should be indestructible. They killed many, MANY of the droids but they cannot stand against millions on their own. That was the whole point of AOTC. The Jedi are damn good- but they are too few to stand against things on a Galactic scale.

wolfdraven
I think I will just put my faith in GL and hope to see a devastating villain.

cavola
he can walk on walls and cielings as per the clone wars toon

NoFate007
I think people tend to forget how simple the classic trilogy is in comparison to the fights in the PT. It was a big thing that Luke could lift up C-3PO in ROTJ, and look how nobody made a fuss over Yoda holding up that structure that was gonna hit Obi-Wan and Anakin. Jedi in the prequel era can block many blaster bolts at a time..when Luke has trouble with just the floating objects in Empire. Do you think you'd be able to last long against even one super battle droid, let alone a whole army? No way. Jedi show these unimaginable feats, but people tend to forget that. If they showed the normal fighting, and then a Jedi, they'd be surprised just how hard it really is to say, oh I don't know..mentally predict where a shot is gonna be, then have the skill and training to adjust your reflexes to block the bolt and send it in the right direction of your target, over and over and over again, lol

cavola
Maybe the Jedi can learn that with ease when he or she is still at the tender age. they would then have the ability to grow up with it and master it as the midi-chlorians grow up and develop with the mind of tha Jedi.

Luke had to learn it all as an adult therfore it would have been much harder in chronological terms. i just feel that would be the right thing to say at this point. at least thats my theory.

NoFate007
What I'm saying is that its run of the mill ease with the Jedi, when a normal person would never be able to accomplish such feats. So its obviously showing great skill to be able to do that. Look at it this way. If you show an 8 vs a 4, its no match. But if you show a 9 vs a 7 it is. 9 is a Jedi, 7 is a droid. If a human that had normal military training was a 5, then the droids are hard to kill, yet the Jedi still do very well with them. Anyone that could take down hundreds of battle soldiers firing at you proves they're a gifted warrior, especially if they may be facing a challenge that is only a notch or so under them.

cavola
HEY ! if GG can wield lightsabers, i was thinking if he was formerly trained in the Jedi or Sith arts ; as far as i know only Jedi and Sith use lightsabers............so can this General also use the force? How did he come about lightsabers ?

Sith Master X
I don't think he can use the force, but about him with Ligthsabers, when he first started killing Jedi, he collected their sabers as a token of his victory. Probably given enough time, he eventually used these lightsabers in combat.

cavola
but how is it that he kills all these Jedi when the Jedi have been trained in the Force and duelling with the lightsaber ? in contrast , and as far as we know , he doesnt seem to have been trained ?

therfore i ask if Sidious created a half-clone / half-droid

Sith Master X
Hmm...that's an interesting point. Well, he's probably got some highly advanced weapons and shields of some sort, despite the force. Not sure if this will be used on film, but in the Clone Wars series, Grievous has these sort of round beamed shields on his arms that can deflect lightsabers. It sort of looks like those shields the Gungans light up in TPM when they get ready to fight the droids, only these ones are attached to his arms. At least that was in the cartoons, but that does not mean that it'll be in the movie.

NoFate007
I think Grievous can use the Force, but we probably won't see it, since for some reason they don't like showing Force powers in fights. At most we'll get a Force Throw or something lame like that, no fireballs or tornadoes or lightning from Grievous.

cavola
my point is (& i think thats its a valid one, please correct me if i'm wrong) in all the SW movies wether prequel or sequel, we only see either Jedi using the lightsaber or Sith , which in their case were either former Jedi (fallen) or trained by the sith like Darth Maul .

So my question is how the hell does the General manage to wield a lightsaber against opponents who have trained all their life using one and manages to take so many down?

He surely is bestowed with some form of experience and he is not New to the lightsaber. I wouldnt be so gullible to believe that he learnt it from watching Jedi holograms.

I expect a reasonable explanation from the ROTS giving us his origin ; after all he is a new villian.

In Darth Maul's case we knew that he is a sith for the obvious reasons.

NoFate007
I assume that Grievous is just a dark Jedi. He's learned on his own, just like others that are dark Jedi have.

Member.
here's how GG will fight:

he's gonna send out these nanoprobes from his armpits and shoot them into his opponents eyes, then they will spread this disease like the black plague and kill them.

or he can use his robotic arms to behead his victims

w/e floats ur boat -.-

darktim1
you know what will do what we want.

NoFate007
Grievous better fight like a man

Sith Master X
Oh he will!!

Member.
he's gonna fight like a guerilla.

cavola
he could use the force to gather the slaughtered Jedi's idle lightsabers from their dead hands

darktim1
I don't think he will use the force in the movie because first of all he is a robot he does'nt even have a soul so how could he use the force but one thing I do know he'll fight to death.

NoFate007
He isn't a robot that doesn't have a soul, he's a cyborg. He's mostly machine, but the eyes and some organs and stuff are alien.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.