spiderman the new animated series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supertrunks
did anyone ever watch the new season of spiderman on mtv. isnt great if u wanna talk about it talk in my post about it and tell me what u think of it. And what u want to be added to the show. i think its missing alot of things like showing aunt may,showing more new episodes and showing more villians.

And is it even on mtv anymore i dont see it on if u know what time it will be on plz tell me.

becuse if its not on anymore thats bites.

confused eek! cool Happy Dance

Reborn Again
If you really get the cartoon, you'll notice that they're limited in what they show. They have to be careful to intertwine the story within the movies because that's where it's based. Now with Harry knowing Peter is Spider-Man they're free to write some stories on this knowledge, but they have to be careful not to get too involved or it'll play out of the in-between of the movies. This isn't like the early 90's cartoon where stories are built upon developing old characters, but instead it's a story of how Peter deals with his relationship w/ MJ -- whom now knows he's Spider-Man -- and his everyday street fights in NYC. If you're expecting some big characters to appear in the new Spider-Man series you're going to be disappointed. As I said, they're extremely limited. That's why we've seen little characters like Tubro-Jet, etc. King-Pin has made an appearance, but he was in Dare Devil and was left to his own devices at the end of the movie.

Ghetto Goblin
what time do they show it, i don't think i have ever seen it. (the mtv thingy ringy).

Rhino
i get to see em on friday nights at 9:30pm on ytv

Paola
post pics please sad

Ghetto Goblin
www. ytv .com

Ironman 66
the show is alright personally i perferred the cartoon from the 90s

tomhopeparry
I think the new one is better than the 90s one, its more dynamic , its faster paced, and tons of cool effects, like spiderman should be! plus theres too many things that they got wrong or changed on the 90s series, which is kinda annoying. unlike the 90s series it doesnt play too much on the basis that its meant for kids, there are guns, and people getting shot with guns. I think the who 3d cgi thing is cool, they use this 2d shader on the characters to make them look 2d. The character designs are cool and suit. however i agree with 'reborn again' we will never see any big villains are any major plot changes which is dissapointing. Im not sure this will matter as i dont think they are making any more.

Koto K
I've only seen one episode- All I can say is- Doogie Howser as Spider-man?

tomhopeparry
the only thing i know that Neil Patrick Harris has been in is starship troopers, and thats not really enough put me off, but i think he is ok in it. Whats this doogie howser thing?

Rhino
most votes are for venom and carnage, but i dont think they'll be in any episodes anytime cuz they're spiderman's arch nemesis. but with the sam raimi behind the wheel, ya never know what he'll do with the stupidest villains and the greatest

tomhopeparry
yeah they couldnt possibly do venom and carnage, which IS very irritating, it would be great to see them animated in that way. By the way, sam raimi didnt make the animated series, just incase thats what you meant rhino. mainframe entertainment is the studio that put it together, remember reboot? ha ha

Rhino
i know he didnt make it, but ya know...the movies, he doesnt really pick the best villains

tomhopeparry
I think they did, logicaly, you couldnt of had venom as the 1st or even the 2nd villain it just wouldnt work. technically it should of been the chameleon 1st but in my opinion he is terrible as a villain. i think Ock and GG were the ideal candidates for the 1st 2 movies villains, do you think there could of been a better choice?

Koto K
Oh man, if you were alive in the 80s and got regular American programming you would know this show- Doogie Howser was Neil Patrick Harris' most (in)famous role. He played this 15-year-old child genius who was a doctor. I don't mean to imply that Neil Patrick Herris is a bad actor or anything, but when you know a guy for a certain role, you can't see him (or in this case hear him) in anything else, without regarding him as the character he is most known for.

I basically said the same thing when I saw Starship Troopers- "Doogie Howser as Carl Jenkins?" Though in retrospect, that character was actually well suited for him.

Rhino
ya i gotta admitt, good storyline ideas, but they coulda atleast introduced brock in either movies, the 2nd movie woulda been a great opportunity. (the john jameson party, otto's fusion presentation)

tomhopeparry
well. i was around in the 80's but the fact that im from the Uk is a slight annoyance in the american tv part. i guess im lucky, as now i can fully appreciate the series! heh.

i think we need to see films where spiderman is just plain spiderman, let him and us adjust to the fact that that is who he is, things like for S2 the whole 'spiderman no more' stuff, all before we get mixed up in symbiote stuff, sure i agree i think brock should of been in (similar to the way the 90s cartoon did where he just popped up every now and again) but then again, acording to the comics brock didnt come in until later.

F_doomed
She VENOM IS GOD

freezedoom
F doomed, don't you know about the line
between cartoon and reality?
Well, you`ve jump over it.

F_doomed
Why did i say that I dont remeber ooh mani mustva been hammered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.