Thor & the nucular litmus test.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Thor was the first one I have seen to survive a nuclear explosion at ground zero. It was in a recent episode of his own comic. Some guy was used to sucker him to an island where he was bombed.
This really sets a precedent for other heroes of that strength.
Who else could survive the bomb?
Hulk for sure.
Ironman with his new suit maybe
I doubt Namor could
Herc prob.
Giantman is a little spoken of 100 class strength. At least i think he is seeing as how the baddie Goliath is that level.
I don't think Wonderman would make it.
Perhaps you have to be 100 class or higher.
Someone mentioned Wolverine in another thread. Thats the first i heard of that. But ya, possible.

Victor Von Doom
Wolverine wouldn't even nearly survive a nuclear blast, nor Giant Man. Iron Man's new suit possibly. Ultron I guess if his circuitry was adequately protected. Juggernaut perhaps. Thanos no doubt, Surfer perhaps. Hercules I don't think possesses that level of invulnerability or durability.

The Maestro would get his beach towel out.

§nakehead
hulk, galactis, juggernaut

Maelstrom
Gladiator
Binary
Abomination
Oh didn't Magneto survive on Genoshia

manjaro
Magneto
Thing possibly
Torch definatley
a bit of a stretch but even reed might be able to pull it off(by stretching to his maximum extent in all directions while flattening himself thus evenly displacing the atomic pressure across his elongated frame) get it......a bit of a stretch.ha ha.

wonderman, definatley cuz he's pure ionic energy. particles get ionized when they get electrons from hydrogen atoms, so if anything an atomic blast would make him stronger.

any gamma radiated hero or villain

colossus probably, he wont start to melt until after 9000 degrees. i know it gets pretty hot in a nuclear blast but not that hot

lft4ded
The Thor that survived the nuke had the Odinforce too IIRC. This was before the 'God's and Men' story arc, right before the title changed to 'Thor: Lord of Earth'.

Who do I think would survive of those listed? Juggernaut, Surfer, Thanos, Gladiator, and of course Galactus.

I discount most of the others because the ones not killed outright by the pressure and heat would quickly succumb to the radiation. The only reason I'd discount Hulk (and by extension Abomination) is that Maestro only survived because he was in hiding and sucked up the background rads. And this time Hulk would die in his present, not his past like Maestro did, and thus there'd be no past Hulk to attempt to absorb ambient gamma radiation off of to reconstitute himself.

I'm unsure about Colossus and Wonderman. If there was enough force to rupture his skin will Wonderman explode? Would the radiation kill off Colossus?

Victor Von Doom
Firstly, Thing and Torch? Laughable.

Secondly, Colossus? Laughable.

Looking back, I didn't need a secondly.

'colossus probably, he wont start to melt until after 9000 degrees. i know it gets pretty hot in a nuclear blast but not that hot '

Not that hot? Try tens of millions of degrees.

Magee
Try visiting Hiroshoma. The shadows of the people who were directly under the blast r still imprinted in the ground till this day. yes

ScarletSpider
Colossus survived a small localized nuke in Ultimate War. However that's a different Colossus and it was far from a full force bomb.

Hercules might have been able to when he was full powered. He's no longer immortal and lost a good deal of his power though, so he'd probably bite the irradiated dust.

manjaro
thing and reed was a stretch, colossus too. however, when it comes to johhny you're talking about a guy who can go nova and create his own nuclear blast, big enuff to destroy a small moon, or a large state. so why the f*ck should he be phased by a nuclear blast, why is implausible that he could just absorb everything. or at least just enuff for him to get away safley

ScarletSpider
He doesn't do that well with absorbing stuff, and his power is fire and heat based. He doesn't control mass amounts of radiation. Which I think would probably poison and hurt Johnny the same as anyone else. That would probably be more akin to something Firestorm would handle.

Red Superfly
It's safe to say Superman would survive it.

Superman survives everything, Superman is the best, obviously, because Superman has all the powers an.................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

*falls asleep talking about Superman*

Victor Von Doom
That's energy being emitted though, not absorbed. Otherwise he'd be more or less invulnerable. I don't think the heat of Johnny's Nova Flame rivals the heat at Ground Zero also.

Alpha Centauri
Would be quite funny to see Maestro just sunbathing in a nuclear blast.

-AC

Maelstrom
I think Mister Fantastic is the one i forgot. He is indestructable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.