Who Killed Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
So any ideas on who or what was impersonating Magneto/Xorn.
I still love the character Xorn even though now he has a black hole for a brain. When he had a star brain he could heal people plus other things. Maybe now he can make people weak and crush things and other things. Any speculations on what his powers will be?

Maelstrom
Oh and its strange that Jean dies and right after Rachel reappears!

Paola
so.... when Magneto killed her.... it wasn't him? blink

ScarletSpider
Imagine a drunken fratboy locked in a closet, his first encounter with a girl. He desperatly, and shakily searches, trying to figure out what to do, dizzy and bewildered things just get worse for him, his beer, the girl, and the closet.

That's pretty much how Claremont has handled any additions to the X-Men continuity that don't stem from himself, Lee or Kirby.

Magneto/Xorn was just some imposter (which, overall does help with the fact that 'Magneto' was having trouble with his powers at the time). There's a real Xorn that the adjectiveless X-Men have just encountered in China who's brain has turned into a black hole (coinciding with 'Magneto/Xorn''s backstory). ImposterNeto killed Jean with a lethal EM pulse in her body. Jean is coming back in the Astonishing book soon, though. ImposterNeto threatened, although jokingly and crazily, but still a threat nonetheless, that his secondary mutation was to always come back, so we may see more of him. There really needs to be some sort of reckoning between Excalicrapibur, Astonishing and Adjectiveless X-Men at some point soon. That would be a good idea actually, every quarter put out a themed book, all the X-teams get together for a giant meeting, to see whats going on, and of course, just to give us our money's worth, a giant fight or something. Same with Marvel Heroes, and if you really want to stretch it and rape our pockets, Knights too.

Darth Jello
What do you wanna bet that Magneto/Xorn was Weapon XI?

Maelstrom
Who was that acolyte that was real powerfull. Maybe it was him. You remember he was Magneto's second; not Cortez.

ScarletSpider
Exodus?

Darth Jello
Exodus died in the nuclear attack no genosha, all the evidence from planet X and assault on weapon plus points to the fact that Xorn/magneto IV was the product of John Sublime's Weapon Plus and that the murder of 5,000 during that crossover was to start a war between mutants and humans that the other weapon plus projects would end by killing off all mutants. Why else would they build a base on Asteroid M?

Maestro
I thought Exodus was thrown into a void by cable and X-man, he never died.

Darth Jello
Sublime has become the new (and cooler) Apocalypse. Plus, now we know everyone involved with weapon X. Too bad silver fox killed off Proffessor Andre Thorton (yes, weapon X and Wolverine fans, THAT Proffessor).

ScarletSpider
Someone just asked for the name of one of Magneto's acoloytes, I suggested they were thinking of Exodus. However, that does not necessitate that Exodus actually has anything to do with the thread.

Mr Zero
Here is the deal - Moot conversation: Xorn never existed other than as a cover - story, Magneto is now finally dead and any anything Claremont writes that contradicts this is a pile of horsepoop.

I quit buying Xmen when grant left. EOS.

Darth Jello
actually, the x-men recently found the REAL Xorn.

Mr Zero
like I said - "pile of horsepoop."

ScarletSpider
It was Austen that introduced the real Xorn. But that doesn't negate it's poopines at all. Depending on how it's handled, having a real Xorn makes sense, "Magneto" stole the guys identity, and imprisoned him or something. With a black hole for a brain, he could be a pretty powerful ally, and they both hate Mags, or "Mags".

Darth Jello
I think he's been dubbed Magneto IV, II was a robot, and III was Joseph

Maelstrom
When your as powerfull as these heros it stands to reason that people would impersonate you. It's not like marvel doesn't have a layout of what they are doing. They don't just sign different guys on and say go do your thing. That's why the image crew left and marvel wouldn't budge with them and they were right not to.
So they started off with an impersonated Xorn. I like that move. And they impersonated him with an impersonated Magneto.
Ya Exodus was the name i couldn't think of. I liked him. I hope they bring him back to play.

§nakehead
Didnt magneto kill Jean?

ScarletSpider
I don't think Marvel had had all of this planned out. Claremont just felt like ****ing up more X-Men stuff, and despite the fact that he's over the hill, Marvel lets him do whatever he wants.

Darth Jello
I have a theory. Magneto IV could have been an amped up clone of former weapon x operative Copycat.

Mr Zero
I also have a theory. "Pile of horsepoop"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.