Most talented Beatle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
In your opinion, who was the most talented beatle? For me, John lennon. Not only that he wrotte the best songs, also i like more her career after beatles. But Paul Macartney and George Harrison were two genious too. And your opinion?

sonofasaiyan
I agree Lennon was definitely the most talented, intelligent and controversial.

Red Superfly
Ringo's gonna win this LOL

He narrated Thomas The Tank Engine furchrisakes!

Happy Dance

amity75
Actually if you look at all the Beatles solo albums then you will find none of the other ex Beatles wrote as good an album as George Harrisons "All things must pass". Therefore, on an individual level, Georgie boy was the most talented.

ElectricBugaloo
Musically, Harrison was obviously the most talented, but lyrically, Lennon was the most talented.

However, Paul worked the most at the songwriting craft while Lennon was more lazy because it came to him so naturally.

Ringo... I'm not even to get into this again

el_barto
I'm not too big of a Beatle fan so I guess, Lennon confused

Darth Sauron
Lennon.

No doubt about it.

Mr Zero
Lennon has the cool factor for sure - but Paul was by far the most productive/creative in his day... and (heresy) wrote more classic choons than Mr L

Pyrofly
Lennon or Macartney

but thats if i had to pick... because to me their all talented... i love the Beatles jump

Lady_Moon
It sure is easy to choose who was "the best beatle." But they were the best when they were all together as a group. Choosing only one beatle is too hard because they were all talented in one way or another.

WindDancer
John in my opinion was the most artistic. All of the Beatles had talent, but John was in a way unique. He certainly appreciated art and wasn't too fond of censorship. I say it was John.

roundisfunny
Why is Pete Best not on the list?!?!

Darth Revan
Because a surprising number of people don't even know there was a drummer before Ringo... I'm guessing the creator of this thread was one of those.

ElectricBugaloo
Pete Best wasn't exactly an amazing drummer. To say that his drumming was better than Harrison's guitar work, Lennon's songwriting, or Paul's songwriting is ludicrous

Batarangs Blade
I'm going with Paul McCartney. John Lenons words were always more powerful, yes, but Paul's music was better, in my opinion. Paul's words weren't bad, perce, but John just... Got to you better, I guess. But, I still think Paul was more talented, music wise. Just my two cents.

bakerboy
You are wrong, im know very well that pete best was the frist drummer before ringo in the beatles. But when ringo arrives, they were more popular and suscessuful and the beatles hit started. Their first number one was with ringo, not with best.

ElectricBugaloo
Well if you want to get technical, he wasn't the FIRST Beatles drummer, they had a couple before him also, back to the days when they were the Quarrymen or the Silver Beatles.

But the Beatles could have been popular with anyone at the skins; the drumming is so simple, even Meg White could do it. I think it was on the first album that George Martin overdubbed all of Ringo's drumming because he felt Ringo wasn't good enough.

KMC
Macartney brought the optimism
Lennon brought the blues
George brought that signature sound
And Ringo, well he err... narrated Thomas the Tank Engine? Always good

Kate xx

ElectricBugaloo
I think the saying goes:

John was the heart
Paul was the brains
George was the soul
and Ringo was the drummer.

finti
at least tried to be

KMC
Thanks for that. Didnt know there was a saying but it seems very fitting.

Kate xx

plenTpak52
I voted George Harrison, cuz he's been stabbed, which makes him hardcore

Flavio
John lennon

el_barto
And you aparantly dont know how to spell too well

ESP07
Dung

amity75
Both geniuses but McCartney wrote Helter Skelter which edges him into the front in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Alpha Centauri
I always preferred Lennon. He seemed to be the greater mind of the two. That and I've completely gone off McCartney.

-AC

Phat J
im more of a lennon fan, i only really like mccartneys stuff with the beatles anyways.

MildPossession
I agree with this post.

Victor Von Doom
It's like Coke or Pepsi.

Which is better? They're kind of the same, and I'd always go for something else first.

Gun to head, Lennon.

Although I don't know who is better. Ba-zing!

Is it too soon?

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I always preferred Lennon. He seemed to be the greater mind of the two. That and I've completely gone off McCartney.

-AC i agree

Afro Cheese
I can understand why Ringo isn't on there but you don't think that Harrison even deserves a slot? That's who I would've chose cause he didn't write as many songs as Lennon or McCartney but the songs he did write were always better.

SeptemberRain
Originally posted by Phat J
im more of a lennon fan, i only really like mccartneys stuff with the beatles anyways.

totally agree

el_barto
Hasnt this already been done before confused?

papabeard
McCartney was a more talented musician but Lennon had more soul and fire.

I think Lennon has the edge in the songwriting stakes.

Libertine
I probably prefere Lennon. Its really hard though cos when together they brought something out of each other.

McCartneys new song fine line is really catchy... but i still prefere him in the beatles.

papabeard
Yeah, best when they are together, both went downhill pretty quickly after they split up, the first Mccartney album after the beatles broke up is really ace, good acoustic stuff, and lennon wrote a few great tunes after the split but they could not maintain the consistency.

Damn you ONO gehl

amity75
Interesting that the best Beatles solo album was "All things must pass" by George.

amity75
Originally posted by papabeard
Damn you ONO gehl Damn you Mark Chapman.

bakerboy
Im a big fan of both, but im more a lennon fan than a macartney fan. Both are two of the best composer and musician ever, but i choose lennon because he had more personality and was more rebeld and innovator. Paul was more classic.

bakerboy
Also i think that george deseves more reconigzacion here. He was very talented and in the last beatles albums, his songs were the best ones.

papabeard
"Interesting that the best Beatles solo album was "All things must pass" by George."

I agree, good record, produced by Phil Spector, George wrote some amazing songs and was a great guitar player.

And Ringo was great drummer with an amazing and original style, and he was a big influence on west coast psychedelic bands, great tom tom work, especially on Strawberry Fileds which I heard on the radio this morning.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It's like Coke or Pepsi.

Which is better? They're kind of the same, and I'd always go for something else first.

Gun to head, Lennon.

Although I don't know who is better. Ba-zing!

Is it too soon?

Yes, to soon indeed....sick too......

But I prefer Lennon myself.....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, for sure it's gotta be Lennon. McCartney wrote wonderful pop songs, but Lennon bent minds, maaaaan...'Minds'....

Deano
john lennon for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.