So I was at the mall this morning....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
And in the window of a record store was a BIG poster. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, on DVD May 25th. Pre order your copy today.

This is an early release, and 'tis a good news!!

First official word I heard about it. big grin big grin

It's the TC DVD though, not yet the EE. wink

*Kit, you could merge this thread later to other threads if you like, I just thought that a lot of people are asking about this and I thought they could see and know about this easier if I made a new thread* wink big grin

BingaBonga
Are you serious? I thought it would come out in like August!!! confused

shadowy_blue
Yes. I am...yes big grin It's coming out in May according to the poster and I myself was surprised, but now that I think of it, it's not too impossible. ROTK is the last movie of the trilogy and so the DVDs could come out earlier than usual since PJ and the editors don't have to think about more other things. wink

Isilcal
YAY!!!! love

Thanks!big grin

Kitoky
I think I'll keep this and have it so that everyone can see. Thanks for the great news!

BingaBonga
Happy Dance Do you know when the extended version comes out?

shadowy_blue
No. Not yet. no But we already have an official pic of what it looks like. wink

Isilcal
big grinyep!

the cover is bluelove lol

shadowy_blue
Yeah, I'll post it again. smile Though this is a thread about the TC DVD. stick out tongue

Kitoky
That is just beautiful, Red, Green, and Blue.

Smodden
actually green red blue

Kitoky
Gee didn't know it was supposted to be in order. Didn't need it to be.
dots

shadowy_blue
LOL..big grin But yeah, seriously..those are beautiful colors. Perfect I say!! big grin

ilvorlandobloom
yay, its an early release! im so happy now! big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
eek!eek!
my day has just been madehappylove

ilvorlandobloom
it comes out the same day the smallville season 2 dvd comes out! wow, i really cant wait for May 25th!!

Camellia
*grumble grumble* *moan moan* That is only for America *weeps*

Exa
IN --- MAY???? eek! eek! THX!!!!

nazgūl-lord
that's great
i couldn't wait until august!

Kitoky
YES MAY! I LOVE MAY NOW!

ash007
man it will probley be another two months until it comes out in the U.K

Discos
yep, usually comes out in the UK (well Scotland anyway (the good Englandsmile)) round about August,

It came out on 2nd August 2002, then August 22nd 2003
seems to be moving further each year....

Exa
... But I dont think it will this year (as most probably the DVDs also came out around the same time - in August - in the US) as PJ doesnt have to keep the attention of the audience up until the next film comes

muse5
five days after my birthday!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!! dude, i lluvorli, long time no see!

Discos
ah very good then, a good gift for summer i suppose and also it is just after my birthday too

muse5
discos, when's ur birthday? mines the 20th, obviously (5 days before rotk, don't mind me, major brain fartage today)

pip-foot
yay! I ahvnt seen taht poster, but i hope its true smile I wont buy it till the EE comes out, but i will rent it @ block buster stick out tongue

muse5
i haven't seen it yet either, maybe i'll skip school and watch rotk all day that day, my AP exams will be over, hopefully my mom will let me

Discos
Mine is on the 3rd of may, exactly 1 day before my exams start sad

Discos - no exactly "before" it comes out but close enough smile

azszhz
Happy Dance YAY! Happy Dance
mental note: update birthday list so that Rotk is at top

shadowy_blue
Guys, I know I was the one who made this thread, and I swear to you guys I didn't lie, I really saw that poster saying it will come out on May 25, but right now, I don't want to be a party pooper or something but I'm afraid the May 25th thing will be cancelled. Knowing that ROTK won 11 Oscars last night, many people who have yet to see it (and judged it before because it's a fantasy movie) will now go and see it. New Line is increasing the theater numbers back above 2,000 this weekend. They are showing ROTK again on thousands of theatres since last night. This victory of ROTK is too huge to not have an effect. It will be now unwise for New Line if they are gonna release the DVD as early as May. But anyway, this is just my 2 cents on this. smile I'm just asking you right now, especially for those who got really excited to prepare for the possibilities. smile

On the bright side of things, for those people who want to see it for the nth time could go watch it again. big grin They're showing it again in theatres nearby. big grin

Discos
mmm....we all knew this was going to happen but I would have expected people to go see LOTR before the Oscars to see what all the fuss was about?

Discos - still....

muse5
niceness if they're releasing it into a theater near me, crapness if it isn't going to be released in may, who knows though, thye might want to release it then because people will want to see it on dvd, and sales might increase if its closer to the award season

PippinTook
Ah well sad I was getting my hopes up, but still! Now I can try to make it to ten times! Seeing it in theaters that is. I've seen it 6 so far.....Phoey

azszhz
either way it works out for me expeshally sence i'm going to see it in the teater cuz my drama loving gradma has to see whats with this ll oscar wining film so YAY!

muse5
ahh, can't wait can't wait, i'm probaly going this weekend!!! yay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.