Tvs annoying lack of shoujo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
For those who don't know what shoujo is,its anime thats usually aimed at girls,but is generally for everyone.Shoujo anime tends to be more focused on the plot rather than the riddiculous/continuous fighting.

As I poner weak and weary,I notice what little shoujo appears on tv...

anyway..lets reviewmessedailor Moon,Cardcaptor Sakura,and Tokyo Mew Mew.Those are the only 3 titles to hot mainstreem TV(besides Anime Net).Funny think is,all 3 are very shounen based.

I feal like the poor fools who only watch anime aired on TV are seriously missing out!Shoujo(in my opinion)is the better side of anime.Thicker plots,better character development,and very little of it is out of story(unlike things like DBZ and Inuyasha with those silly sidequests that have nothing to do with the story).I think they should shove some Ceres or Hana Yori Dango on Adult Swim.Maybe some Utena or Fushigi Yuugi..I donno,but who agrees.THere should be more shoujo on tv.

soundtrack
agreed bhd. and even the ones that they do air on the tele, dont show or arent aloud to show the real good stuff. like sailormoon (stuff w/ amara and michelle), cardcaptors (sakura and li), etc. i havent really seen that many (particually b/c its not aired) but ive catched some on the comcast on demand section and theyre actually pretty good.

***o...and the only reason that they dont show it on adult swim is b/c the 2nd part of adult swim (w/ all of the anime) is the action pact part***

BlackHatDefect
But theres TONS of shoujo with action
!Look at Ceres,Fushigi Yuugi,Magic KNight RAyearth,Utena,Angel Sanctuary,ect!!

soundtrack
yes . i wish fushigi yuugi was on around here. it sounds really interesting.

crazy_c
I totally agree verily!!! Shoujo Rocks my socks off!!! happy I really wish they did show more shoujo. Guys like it too! My 11 year old brother absolutely adores magic knight rayearth! yes

BlackHatDefect
Really?THATS SO COOL!My friends younger brother(13)LOVES Fruits Basket!!!

crazy_c
Cool! My brother likes that too but he doesn't like it's lack of blood and swordfights and stuff and i was telling him how kyo and yuki fight alll the time and he was just like it's not the same. meh boys and violence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlackHatDefect
Oy.....thats SO annoying!

BlackHatDefect
Bump3

yoh askura 21
wher i can downloud beyblade the movie

Robo-Chocobo
um I think theres a reason, Fushigi yuugi and fruits basket*shudder* and the tv shojo arent shown on Tv. for one, adult swim will never show any of that stuff. they wont show ranma 1/2 , and they still have to edit things for tv despite how much they dislike doing that. and except for g4techtv I dont know what would show shojo. anime still isnt big enough(is that an oxmoron?) to have massive cleft in the america, and a few other places.

when i was in beunos aires they had bubblegum crisis, dragon ball, and all sorts of crazy stuff(spanish dubbed..did me real good :angrysmile
all sorts of senseless violence. cartoons are still viewed as a child entertainment median. notice that dbz and all the other shonen stuff is the most popular.

BlackHatDefect
Well in america.In Japan they are going though a HUGE D~N~Angel and Full Moon Wo Sagashite thing>_<Shoujo *is*very popular,and alot of it is really action packed and fun!\

AS won't show Ranma cause its already liscencd(sp)and was on tv A LONG time ago

sailormoon
I'm with y'all all the way! T.V. definitely needs more shoujo.

Robo-Chocobo
I'm TALKING ABOUT AMERICA!!!! :angry:

what else could I be talking about, "japans annoying lack of shojo"
I'm not some ignorant retard, I mean who do oyu take me for, of COURSE THERES LOTS OF IT IN JAPAN!!!!!! in america, cartoons are viewed as a childrens product. we all know this, and this is slowly changing, but there not gonna just start showing shojo, especially when all the "guys stuff" is extremely popular. all the shonen is what people like so people(the ones who decide whats on tv) wont take huge risk's getting a shojo mainstream, if it flunks.(aka no one likes it) then they loose money.

EvilCap America
Wellwhen CN replaced Toonami it wassupposed to have more appeal to female fans but instead of grabbing up even some even slightly showable Shojo they just dropped a bunch of faux anime and dont seem to putting much effort into it all imo.

Anyways i think more Shojo would be great something like Fruit Baskets couldnt possiblle be to hard to get on TV could it?Especially compared to something a little more censor scaring like Chobits or Utena.Anime is alot bigger now than it ever was and considering how little there actually is on TV now its easy to imagine something advertised enough becoming a big hit based on the vaccum there is

TrAnCeDuO
i just wanna say that i hate that theres too many animes out there that highlight only one sex...they need to even it out abit!

Silver Stardust
Actually, Black-chan...BSSM, CCS, and TMM are the epitome of shoujo anime...Sailormoon really made it popular, and most shoujo shows now (including CSS and TMM) borrow many aspects from it.

Me, I'm a HUGE shoujo fan...and they really need to bring more of it over here to the US! Eventually the companies who bring anime to the US need to realize that girls like anime, too yes

sailormoon
Right on! Like Christina A. said "Never can never will can hold us down!"

bardock
i think alot of network heads target alot of anime at males or something

TrAnCeDuO
whatever....yes i think there should be more shoujo but only an equal amount...i'm so sick and tired of both sexes flaunting their "superiority" over the other...

BlackHatDefect
Its not about tat,I just think shoujo's concepts are better.Shounen 80% of the time had weak character/plot development,and all they do is fight.There are some acception of course,Bebop,Trigun,Wolf's Rain,Dragon Knights,Comic Party,ect...but..well you know..

EvilCap America
I dont really like to think of either Shojo or Shonen as being automatically better than the other i tend to like things from both ends of that spectrum and see no real reason to draw lines between them.The idea of "Goo" or "Bad: based on the content of the Anime or Manga in question is usually all i need

ANyways the Shojo content on TV is lacking but what does everything think would be the best option for American TV especially considering all the restrictions and red tape to work around just to put something on the air.I think both Fruit Baskets and Azumanga Daioh could fit into a regular CN line-up with realatively few sacrifices and i dont think Chobits would do bad as a late night attraction where there are less restrictions either

Silver Stardust
AZUMANGA DAIOH!!! I'd love if they'd show that, it'd be great big grin

Chobits is shoujo (with a hint of shounen), but it's targeted for an older audience yes I love Chobits.

I love shoujo anime and manga, and even though there's a ton of shoujo manga that's been brought to the US, I really think more shoujo anime needs to come over here.

(btw...Furuba would probably need considerable editing to get on TV here unless it got a later timespot)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.