Björk to Open Olympics!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#3

Icelandic singer Bjork will open the Olympic Games in Athens on Friday. The eccentric star will perform before 70,000 spectators at the Greek capital's new Olympic Stadium and a worldwide TV audience of four billion at the four hour opening ceremony. The center of the stadium will be turned into a lake for the event, which will also feature important symbols of Greek mythology, including a giant Trojan horse, a statue of the goddess Athena and a centaur shooting an arrow. Bjork will join a spectacular collection of 'A' list stars at the event, including Naomi Campbell - who will carry the Olympic torch on one of its last legs - Julia Roberts, Jack Nicholson, Britney Spears and David Beckham and Victoria Beckham, who are all attending the sporting event.

I'm so proud! cry

Now listen to this gorgeous track off her new album! love
http://acompaulsivegambler.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/BjorkWhoIsIt.mp3

Or else! mad

Darth Revan
What's with the small text?

Tex

V@LL3jOk!D707
puke

Tex
Tasteless heathen! schmoll

BackFire
*yawn* I pity those 4 billion people that will be watching that.

And no, Maynard can't say that he performed in front of 4 billion people....but you know who can? Britney Spears. So I guess Bjork is the next Spears, she should be very proud.

Shadow_King
i like the time when they opened the olympics where the guy shot the fire arrow. and he shot only one flame arrown just to light the flames of the olympics now i find that way better than that. no offence tex.

Tex
Terrorist! stick out tongue

Shadow_King
what do you mean terrorist.

Jedi Priestess
well that seals it.......I wont be watching the opening ceremonies. messed

Shadow_King
HA HA HA HA HAHA i wont even be at home to watch it.

finti
paralympic opening of the olympics then.

Linkalicious
I think I'm going to be busy teaching my dog to wipe its ass on the carpet during that part of the Olympics, though quite odious, atleast that provides entertainment...

BackFire
Holy shit, you have to TEACH your dog how to do that? Mines been doing that for ages.

finti
yeah dogs seems to take after their masters

Linkalicious
Mommy trained him well at a young age by wiping his nose in it when he went inside...so I find breaking the habit, while she still trys to instill the original training to be a much more amusing way to consume my time until the actual games start...

BackFire
Ah, well whatever you have to do to get your sights off of that attention whore Bjork.

Linkalicious
alcohol solves all problems!

Goodnight gentlemen...

Tex

lil bitchiness
mad Dont you drag Maynard into this! mad

Maynard doesnt have to promote his music diva hes well known for his great singing/song writing ability with out having to preform at such a sell out event! schmoll

Df02
i quite like Bjork personally....
especially Joga, because Atari teenage riot covered it and t'was great stick out tongue

but i do like Bjork, but only the odd song

BackFire
That's not a coincidence my friend.

Darth Revan
No sir, Maynard hasn't performed in front of 4 million peeps... I'm sorry sir, you were right all along...

lil bitchiness
Darth!! cry are you gonna stand for that remark about our precious Maynard cry

Shame on you!! cry

Darth Revan
I'm sorry lils sad

Tool should open the Olympics happy yes

lil bitchiness
Deffinitivly!! droolio

Tex

lil bitchiness
I woudlnt want to be at the Olympics when bjork is singing live!

http://www.b-j-o-r-k.com/images/Avatars/homogenic/alarm05.gif

winkiss

Tex
She can sink those teeth into me anytime! smokin'

I'm most excitedly anticipating the song she will be performing....written by her especially for the Olympics!

Should be fabulous!
And you know how she's a big pervert?

Well Olympic spies have reported the lyrics contain references to "tasty sweat"! Yumm! smokin'

Am I the only one who watches the Olympics for the big giggling crotch bulges? zorro

Darth Revan
That's... disturbing. no expression

yerssot

Vampy
eek! Finally a reason to watch the olympic games..

Bjorkie will sing droolio

Papaumau
I think Bjork is going to have to go something to beat Kylie at the opening ceremony !

finti
just be able to sing and you beat Kylie

Papaumau
Who needs to be able to sing when she looks like that !

finti

Papaumau
OK Finti....I must admit to being captivated by Kylie !

What I like particularly about her is that she is a bit like a blank canvas waiting to be painted on or a blob of clay waiting to be moulded. The producers can mould her to be anything their hearts desire and she does it effortlessly.

I believe that she is the most photographed female in the world !

Anybody that wants to see the myriad characters that Kylie can be just pop her name into GOOGLE IMAGES and enjoy the thousands of hits you will get !

OH YES....She ain't no Maria Callas but her singing is underrated too !

Linkalicious
Ok, my meager brain is incapable of calculating the time difference...

When's the opening Ceremony taking place on the West Coast...of the US.

finti
now

lil bitchiness
Im not gonna watch the Olympics...i dont fancy watching people drugged up so they can win...wheres the skill in that!

§nakehead
I hope arabe terrorist fly a plane into bjorks stage!

yerssot
she's butchering the cat now eek!

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud

I watched it! I loved the sea effect! eek! Her outfit was alright, i was hoping for something far more drastic.

My frends said it was suicide and that she was killing the athletes not only with music but also trying to suffacate them with the big sheet!

It was ok, I liked it overall.

Darth Sauron
4 billion people?

Thats how many will watch the olympics stick out tongue

And also close to the number who turned over for those few minutes

lil bitchiness
There is not gonna be 4 billion people watching roll eyes (sarcastic) I can guarantee that! Simply because at least 3 billion people on the world have never seen the television let alone own one.

4 billion people is over half of worlds population....4 million people maybe, 4 billion no way in hell.

Tex
It's 4.5 Billion people according to the latest press release!

It's not being carried live in the US, I'll be able to watch in 7:00 pm my time, which is only an hour away!

I've seen pics, she looks quite Greek! love

Agent Elrond
Does Bjork sing before or after the parade of nations. If before, i missed it. If after, messed

Tex

Agent Elrond
doesn't matter, i didn't see. One thing I'm glad I missed

Tex
ranting

Agent Elrond
well, it's not like I missed much

Tex
2gunshttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar12514_9.gif

Darth Revan
I was apparently posting here when it was on because I missed it smile

yerssot
wait! are you absolutly sure you want to hear this atrocity?

Papaumau
It wasn't an "atrocity"...it was just Bjork being Bjork !

I particularly liked the tableu of Greek history that was paraded around and the bit of sculpture ballet with the big head was amazing.

I was curious to see what they did to go one better than the single fire-arrow but I was not disappointed when the big flame-holder came down to the runner with the torch....That was a new and novel idea.

Overall - as far as opening shows go - this was up there with the best of them.

Darth Sauron
Wow tex, Bjork is unique!

love I suddenly understand what you were saying all the time

Dexx
crap. it really was the worst idea they could have come up with.
an ATROCITY..that's the word, yes!

Darth Sauron
no2 She was actually good

lucija
I watched the ceremony and I liked her performance, she was shocking as usual but nice big grin

Tex
She's all the buzz in the papers!
Everyone who is anyone is saying she was the night's best bit! raver

Darth Sauron
Go Bjork eek!

yerssot
yes, go FAR away

Darth Sauron
no expression

And who is yerssots musicion of choice?

lil bitchiness

Tex
I thought it matched the ceremonies very well.

The entire ceremony was pretty subdued, no fast paced flying acrobatics stuff.

I'm sure if it were up to her she would have been air surfing on a big cock spewing foam all over the audience! yes

lil bitchiness
Well yeah, obviously. I wouldnt have expected any fast pace song or anything.

Olympics never were fast paced acrobats flying about at the opening. It was good...maybe because it was more spectacular than shocking, and weird, which is what Bjork likes to do.

Tex
They were way less kinetic than the ceremonies for Nagano, Sydney, Atlanta and Salt Lake City.

I mean we had human statutes on floats! laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
I like it being in Greece...i think it sould deffinitivly be in Greece more often...its kind of more traditional.

yerssot
one good point isthat they should be able to sing... something Bleurk still has to learn

Tex

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud talk about bad luck....night's only glitch!

Tex
Now I've read that the Greeks are throwing sissy fits demanding to know why a local singer was not asked to sing!

Ugh! As-If!

Oh well, I'm SO over the ceremonies!
They are like so over 24 hrs ago! roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
As if you are still following up on that...meh, who cares. She sang in front of large audience, not too weird but just entriguing enough to make people check her out...

First time I saw her was 1997 MTV music awards....thats a shittiest place anyone can preform, but she got noticed, did she not.

Tex
She was noticed long before that babe! winkiss

Dont you just love my ultra cheap tacky avi and sig?

I'm going for the disheveled common look! raver

lil bitchiness
What the f**k? springs to mind....

''online degrees''? riiight.

Darth Sauron
You didnt answer my question.

hobbit_dude
I luved her in the olympics her dress was weird but she was B-E-A utiful

m!$hA
my last name is munyard eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.