REX's Game -- LIGHT-SIDE (LanceWindu, yerssot)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
The far of planet of Tutalo has been invaded by unknown forces. The peaceful species that dwells there, the Tutalones, have no experience in war and only know how to defend their leaders. The Tutalone senator, Kashi (Kaw-shy) Heebo'cci (Hee-bo-see-kee), was assassinated after sending a message to the Senate for help, and the King of Tutalo has gone missing.

A group of Jedi have been dispatched by the Jedi Council to go the Tutalo. Their mission: to discover who is behind the invasion and why they are invading the peaceful planet. The Jedi have been informed of the natural dangers of Tutalo, and that the foot-soldiers of the invaders are troops clad in red and black armor.

The Jedi flew past the large blockade of strange, large bubbly ships in a cloaking Mon Calamari transport (which is as large as the Millennium Falcon and looks like a Mon Cal Cruiser). They then landed the transport, called the Clamshell, in Tutalo's major canyon that runs around the whole planet, Tor Raa'b Shebaka which means "The God's Canyon." They are now emerging from the ship into the large, shadowed canyon. They can here the clicking of soldiers far above.

5 Jedi emerge from the Clamshell. Leading them is a Zabrak, Master Aloth Reeth and his Padawan, a Corellian boy named Tobin Elfcon, follows close behind. Behind follows a gigantic Wookiee Jedi, Gruo'R'R'R, and a Corellian Knight, Frydo Dun'lit. Bringing up the rear is Tec-Kulu, a Knight from the moon of Treeble, M'Li. They stand outside the Mon Cal freighter.

Captain REX
"Well, we have arrived on Tutalo. Large canyons, little danger except those soldiers. We must stick to the canyon until we get near the city. And be cautious! Soldiers march above, and if they find us our mission is compromised, unless we want to kill them all, which we cannot do. Any questions?" says Master Aloth, the Zabrak standing in the shade of Tor Raa'b Shebaka, The God's Canyon.

LanceWindu
"No questions here," says Frydo, "Just tell us what to do."

Captain REX
"Well Frydo, we must reach Chi-Jung, the head city of Tutalo. That is where the King Jade ruled and Senator Kashi sent his plee from. It is down the canyon a ways, and soon a river will come out from an underground cave out into the middle of the canyon. We will take that," says Aloth. He looks towards the edge of the canyon, high up above them.

"As I said before, we must be cautious. We cannot risk being spotted." The Zabrak pats his lightsaber. "Be wary, I feel a disturbance in the Force. Now, let's move! The sooner we discover the invader's leader, the better for the Tutalone."

"So Master, how long 'til we reach this city?" asks Tobin. "Well, if we travel at a good pace, I'd say we'll arrive tomorrow at noon. It is only 9 a.m. here, so we shall have to move. We left the Temple late." The group begins to walk downt the canyon, away from theClamshell.

Ushgarak
Um... where am I?

Captain REX
(Your following behind my two characters.)

They march on a few miles. The hot sun beats down on them.

Mujaffa
*takes an empty look at the sun*
No sign of any life, but i can feel them lurking in the shadows...

Captain REX
"Besides the soldiers on the edge of the canyon, there isn't any intelligent life for at least 10 miles. Most creatures lay hidden, others live underground," says Aloth. "But they are nothing to worry about."

LanceWindu
"How long now?" Frydo asks.

He is standing behind Gruo'R'R'R.

Captain REX
"Not much longer. It sounds as if the soldiers have left." Then they all hear a high-pitched whine, like a landspeeder. "We are very close. I can see the shadow of the city in the canyon."

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R stood still, he closed his eyes and concentrated himself.
He sniffed the air with his mighty Wookie nose...

(Since he speaks "Wookie" and uses the Force to get the message to the others, much like Luke in The Crystal Star with his disguise, I underlined his lines, they are written in English/Basic because otherwhise no-one would understand it)

Indeed, I can smell that they are moving away

Captain REX
As they walk along, they start to see signs of a battle. Blaster-scorched rocks, broken weapons, shattered speeders, and soon dead troopers and Tutalones. The Tutalones normally orangish-green skin is now greyish-white. "We are very close now."

yerssot
May they rest in peace

"We should be moving then"

LanceWindu
Frydo has to cover his nose and mouth with a torn piece of cloth to keep the smell of scorched flesh out of his nose.

Ushgarak
"I have a bad feeling about this," says Arleth. "These invading footsoliders match no armed forces that I have ever heard of."

Captain REX
"That's because they use illegal weapons. Normal armed troopers don't use flamethrowers, freezeguns, stun guns, pulse cannons, shockguns, blasters, and grenades all at the same time. But that is also a weakness in a way. They are weighted down and slower than the average soldier."

"And I agree with you Gru'O'R'R'R. May they rest in peace." Aloth leads the Jedi away through the canyon, away from the death and smell of carrion.

yerssot
Before Gruo'R'R'R left the canyon, he turned around, one last time, and he howled, in a tone only Wookies can here

Ushgarak
Says you. That makes my ears hurt!

yerssot
Gruo looked at Arleth, he smiled and took a small bow

Captain REX
"Goodness gracious Gruo'R'R'R! I understand you are being mournful for the poor Tutalone killed here, but we mustn't be so noisy! They do have a few scouts!"

You are now under the shadow of the city's buildings. You must be stealthy, so you cannot just parade into the city and hold off the guards. You have choices: climb the rocky vertical walls of the canyon, or go down the canyon further to come to the city from the side by climbing a rocky, faulty staircase. If you climb the dangerous cliffs, you will reach the palace quicker, but have less stealth. If you go further down the canyon to the staircase, you it will take longer, but will be safer and more stealthy. Take your pick.

yerssot
I'm the only Wookie around, thank you

Ushgarak
"Do you want me to climb the cliffs and take some attention away from you guys?" asks Arleth.

Captain REX
"Now, Arleth, you can't go alone. I'll send Tobin with you." The spunky little Corellian steps from his place behind Aloth. "Anyone else vote for the cliff?"

yerssot
If you allow, I will join this party, afterall master, I have a lot of climbing experience

Captain REX
"Okay then. Frydo, Tec, and I will go to the staircase. Be careful though." Aloth, Frydo, and Tec walk away quickly, almost disappearing from sight in minutes.

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R stepped to the wall, investigated it for a second, looked around and saw no guns. He soon started climbing...

(how big is the wall?)

Captain REX
(about a quarter of a mile high)

Aloth, Frydo, and Tec-Kulu soon reach the staircase. It is a winding, rocky, dangerous stairway. The stairs are grinded by wind and occasional rain, and now that it's been shot up by the battle that happened, it's very unstable. The stairs could break and a rock slide could form.

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R closed his eyes and concentrated himself on the Force.
He felt that no-one was near the high end of the wall, so he used a little Force-Jump to get there quicker

Captain REX
Tobin is hurrying up the cliff as fast as he can. He is nimble and light-weight, so he climbs fast. There is no one at the top of the cliff, for they are headed in another direction...

Aloth, Frydo, and Tec-Kulu finally reach the stairway. To their amazement, a speeder and about 50 Death Commandos are standing in wait. Leading them are two Mandals, and a few Zappers. They begin to fire, but Aloth and Frydo jump into action, slicing the many troopers to bits. Tec is taken by surprise. With a scream, he ignites his lightsaber, but a Mandal tackles him using his jetpack. Tec drops his saber under a rock, but he topples off the cliff. He falls, falls, falls, falls...

He finally hits the ground. He breaks is arms and a rib when he falls, but he could have died if it was not for the Force. Using his last strength, he hobbles his way to the ship. He takes a Tutalone pistol from the battle that happened, and makes his way for the ship.

At this point, Frydo and Aloth think Tec is dead. Aloth takes Tec's lightsaber and fights with two. Frydo is fighting his way to the speeder.

yerssot
Using the Force Jump Gruo'R'R'R got on top of the wall, immediatly he kneeled, scanning the area but saw no-one

yerssot
*BUMPING*

Captain REX
(thanks for the bump)

Aloth and Frydo are fighting viciously. Soldiers are falling left and right, when suddenly, a missile hits the battlefield. Frydo is launched, his clothes burning. His saber falls into the canyon and clinks down the steps of the stair. Aloth finishes off a few soldiers and leaves the battle by Force Running away. He is sobbing as he sees Frydo hit the side of the canyon and fall onto a ledge just below the edge of the other side of the canyon.

Tobin senses that Aloth is in trouble. "Gruo! Master is coming this way! He's in trouble!" Tobin reaches the top of the wall and grabs his lightsaber.

yerssot
Do not activate your lightsabre yet, young friend.
Gruo'R'R'R said calmly
We don't want to get noticed quickly now, do we?
Instead, let us run to him
And with the use of the Force-speed, he went away

Ushgarak
Arleth saw Tec as he fell and immediately reversed his direction, scrambling back down the cliff to try and reach his fallen comrade.

Captain REX
(Sorry Ush, but falling a quarter of a mile will make anything look dead.)

Arleth gets half way down and sees Tec hit the floor of the canyon. You feel sad for Tec, and it looks like you certainly can't help him now, so you climb back up.

Tobin and Gruo rush to meet Aloth. "The Death Commandos killed Frydo and Tec. Frydo hit the wall of the canyon and Tec fell to his death. I hope Frydo survived, but it certainly doesn't look like Tec will." Aloth's face is covered in dust and ash. A few scorch marks are on his robes.

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R was silent for a few minutes
We have to go on, there is a chance they will come back in greater number

Captain REX
"Yes, of course Gruo'R'R'R. We must get into the city." Aloth dashes to a door in the wall around the city. "Come, we'll get in this way."

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R stays behind for a minute, he looks down and holds his sabre against his forehead...
Then he follows his friends

Ushgarak
(I was actually intending to bury him... but fair enough)

Captain REX
(oh)

The Jedi steal away into the door. Inside is a storage room, filled with armor, weapons, and tools of war. A few Death Commandos have fallen asleep. Inside the room, and one is working on a rifle. Aloth walks up behind him. The soldier turns around and then turns to the radio. "You shall not use the comm," says Aloth, waving his hand. "I shall not use the comm," says the soldier. "You shall guide us to your leader." "I shall guide you to our leader."

With that, they leave the room, and march down a bright hallway. Jewelry is piled into crates to be shipped off to some place far away, but at the current moment it is still being stripped from the palace walls. The smooth, tan marble floor is shiny, but has footprints and mud. Scorch marks are on the walls from when the Invaders took the palace.

Finally, they come to a big door, made of turrgath wood, a tree that grows on Tutalo that has light blue leaves and redish-brown bark. The door has sapphire, emerald, and ruby gems on the handle, trimmed with gold. The redish door opens with a creak, and inside you see a man with his back to you in a chair. "I have been waiting for you."

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R who didn't catch up with the others yet arrived at the storage room...
He walked around quietly when he suddenly saw something...
It was a bowcaster with some modifications, that way humans could use it too.
Gruo'R'R'R took it and ripped of the modifications.
After that he went to the soldier that was working on his gun.
"Where are the others? What are they doing?"
He said when he waved his hand in front of the soldiers face

Captain REX
"My captain has lead them to the Master. I will guide you." With that, Gruo and the soldier march up to the big turrgath wood door with sapphire, emerald, and ruby door handles trimmed with gold. They are swung open to reveal that the rest of the Jedi are standing, ready to fight. Their lightsabers are drawn. Gruo joins them and ignites his own. "A Chiss!" yells Tobin. "Not just any Chiss," says Aloth. "But Master Rex, a Dark Jedi. I should have known. He does operations like this, only not so big a scale." "That is why I have the pirate Quizec on my side. He supplies me with an army able to destroy and conquer."

Rex stands up from his chair, igniting his lightsaber as he goes up. "Care to duel?" Quizec claps and the doors are closed by soldiers leaving the room. "Perhaps the young one..." says Rex, looking at Tobin. "Or the Wookiee, or the human Jedi, or the thorny-headed Zabrak, Master Aloth..." He runs at the group with a yell. Aloth blocks his slash at Tobin, and then Gruo blocks another.

(Ush or Yerss, want to duel?)

yerssot
(actually, I wanted to wait outside so that in case of something going wrong, like now, I could storm in and fight some soldiers while they are still surprised)

Captain REX
(Well, there's no soldiers to fight, the guy sent them away and told him not to disturb you. Now your all inside and the doors are locked.)

"Come, one of you? I thought the Jedi were valiant beings with special powers that would do anything for the stupid Republic!" Rex swings his ignited lightsaber around. He starts to fight Aloth, but Aloth steps back into the group of Jedi.

yerssot
Gruo'R'R'R finds the door closed, he immediatly recognises the danger on the other side...

He ignites his lightsabre and jabs it trough the wall, up and down till he found the lock and cut it open.
The door flew open and Gruo'R'R'R jumped with a summersault to the other Jedi

Why do I sense some hostility here?

Ushgarak
Arleth ignites his sabre and strides confidently forwards.

"I'LL fight you, fallen one," he says, dramatically

yerssot
"Are you man enough to find two at the time?"
Gruo'R'R'R asked while he took his sabre

Captain REX
The Chiss steps forwards, and at the same time uses the Force to shove Aloth and Tobin out. "BE CAREFUL!!!" yells Aloth before the blast door is closed.

Rex now glares menacingly at Arleth and Gruo. "Be my guest!" he says, and with that, he hits a button on his saber. The fizz and crackle of a second lightsaber blade igniting fills the room, and then the hum of two blades on one saber.

Gruo and Arleth ignite their own sabers. Then Rex makes his move. He slashes hard at Gruo, who manages to push the blade hard enough to push Rex against a wall. "You know I have more skill than you," the Chiss says.

(Ush and Yerssot, I'm opening up a dueling thread for you. Go there, and when you finish return.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.