Who's the better Dark Lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
Morgoth or Sauron?

And let's put the "Morgoth is a Vala and Sauron is just a Maia and Sauron was just Morgoth's helper so Morgoth is better" argument aside. wink

Let's base it from different matters.

Who's the better strategist? Who achieved more? Who made plans that actually made sense and worked out? Who's the better "deceiver"? Who caused more fear from their foes? Sauron or Morgoth? Who's more intimidating? Who had the better "end"? etc.

Kitoky
Morgoth; Morgoth; Morgoth; Sauron; Morgoth; Morgoth; Sauron; Morgoth.

raven guardia
sauron

Exa

sauron
*cough im watching to see who says morgoth cough*

Camellia
Actually, I think Voldemort was worse than the two of them put together!!!

*hides from flames and spears*

And yes, I WAS only joking!!

sauron
*kills*

Discos
lol, you better of have!

I would say Morgoth, for some reasin after reading the Salmarillion and seeing all what Morgoth destroyed and whatnot, Sauron didnt seem so "malice" in LOTR as Morgoth did....

Sauron did infact give some great battles and actually got an alliance to destroy his creation of the one ring.

Morgoth did infact create some deadly creatures though ie Balrogs and of course the orcs..

Discos - Morgoth smile

sauron
yeah....

morgoth actually won the war...and would have ruled if it wasnt for 'earendil the mariner' the little grass went to valinor......and then mogoth was cast into the void after being defeated...........but sauron survived yes and in the silmarillion sauron is only less evil than melkor in that he served another..until he rose again to his own needs

so evilness-draw
strengh-melkor
mega cool awesomeness-sauron stick out tongue (no of course im not biased stick out tonguestick out tongue)

Phoenix
sauron!

ooops... didja mean outta the books...? laughing out loud

coolboarder98
Morgoth

Exa
LOL big grin ok then... Sauron stick out tongue

Thorondor
*cough MORGOTH cough cough* stick out tongue

sauron
*slays*

Discos
you can't slay no one, you have been defeated, and defeated you shall remain.....

sauron
you will pay for that remark discos

*clips the wing of every eagle in middle earth so they cant fly*

hehehe

*throws them out of there own eyres

Thorondor
you would cut my wings off after i help in your rescue from the monstrous bog!

sauron
*glues thorondors wings back on*

only flying eagle left yes be proud

Discos
boo....luckily you can't clip Eagos's wings are they are not spread yet smile

Thorondor
smile thank you lordy but i am the Lord Of Eagles i would still be able to fly without wings stick out tongue

sauron
no i did clipthem big grin

thats why thorondor asked me why i woiuld do such a thing to him!

nyah! wins!

Phoenix
laughing out loud

try clippiing mine and I'll melt the clippers!

raven guardia
you know discos and all the other birds (eagles) could get even by pouring water on you and watching you rust laughing out loud lol.

Ddraiglais
I'd say Morgoth. I think if the Witchking of Angmar was ever running things he would have to be considered too. In the years leading up to the trilogy, he ran things pretty well while Sauron was regaining his strength.

hollowknowledge
Morgoth was and will always be the better dark lord. He didn't need a ring of power like Sauron did. He is power. But both were not the greatest strategists when it came to war. And both their armies lacked will and conviction as opposed to men and elves. Both ruled a tiny part of Middle Earth. Sauron sadly will not be a Morgoth in that sense

Thorondor
sauron get some digs in laughing

j/k

Discos
Sauron didnt really need a ring, all it did was control the other existing rings

Morgoth did infact invent "evil" to say,

hollowknowledge
Your first statement contradicts itself. Sauron didn't need the ring, all it did was control the others?

Without it, how could he control others? Which makes him the lesser of the two dark lords mentioned.

Nienna
I say Melkor (not Morgoth! Melkor is better yes ) stick out tongue

Discos
it sort of contradicts....but, all he did was ensnare the 9 foolish men and got about 4 of the dwarf rings back

his main plan to foil the elves didnt work

Fëanor
that's because unlike the foolish mortals...elves are smarter stick out tongue

Thorondor
*cough*

prissier

Fëanor
*gives cough drops*

birds of a feather... stick out tongue

Thorondor
Flock together stick out tongue

Fëanor
i was gonna say Fock...but that's offtopic... stick out tongue

grishnakah
morgoth was saurons master without him sauron wouldnt have gone bad he would of conformed with the rest of the maiar

Discos
^^ seriously whistle

@feanor miffed do not mock men, for they are the worthy ones and not scared to fight the big bad eye roll eyes (sarcastic)

Discos - Faramir r00lz

Fëanor
*apologies*

worthy but easily swayed by greed, lust and power to make up for what they lack and desire of what elves have: immortality....Melkor is still the better dark lord...Sauron can only hope to achieve his stature...

fini
Morgoth hands down.

Nienna
Grima is the puppet of Saruman who is the puppet of Sauron who is the puppet of Melkor...messed

Discos
did someone say muppets roll eyes (sarcastic)

of course it would be Morgoth,

but we have to realise the plans and things they both did to try and achieve middle earth!

Thór Vór
and morgoth is the puppet of Eru who is really evil evil face

Discos
don't you mean Tom Bambadil?

Thór Vór
^an alter ego stick out tongue

Discos
well we could all think Tom could be a dark lord himself,

Discos - no one ever suspects the feather man smile

Thór Vór
and is a little too suspicious that the ring had no effect on him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.