Dragons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

flamewielder
how come we dont really hear anything else about the dragons in LotR??? dragons are really cool and we hear about one but then its like theres no more of the them, and i would have liked to hear more abuot the dragons. velho

Exabyte
Most of them except for some few like Smaug and Scatha were killed in the War of Wrath at the end of the First Age (about 6500 years before the War of the Ring) when Morgoth was defeated... the others remained hidden in their dwellings most of the time...

The only two dragons that are mentioned in the Third Age by their name are Scatha and of course Smaug... and both only because of their death erm
Scatha was killed by some Rohirric king or king's son... I think it was Fram...

And Smaug, well, Bard of Dale killed him erm

I think there are also only two dragons called by name in the ages before, Glaurung the Golden and Ancalagon the Black, Father of Dragons... two of the most amazing creatures Tolkien ever invented, especially Glaurung smile

MorgulLord
yeah what she said ^^ :P

Agent Elrond

ladygrim
do u think theyll let me have a dragon as a pet

Discos
^^ probably

I aint sure if this has been mentioned but there is a little bit about dragons in The Hobbit is there not stick out tongue

There was a dragon which Turin killed (cant remember his name, its been a long time since I picked up the Silmarillion)

Agent Elrond
Glaurung, the father of the Dragons. He was the one who cursed Turin and his sister

ladygrim
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.