Coheed and Cambria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Df02
ok, held it in long enough lol...searched for a thread about them but there wasnt 1, soo

personally think theyre an amazingly talented band, and Claudio's voice is pretty amazing... their albums all tell a story that theyve made up, and even without the story behind the music, theyre both really good albums musically.

was gonna mention these in that "good bands that hardly get mentioned" thread, but i lost it and couldnt be arsed to find it again.

seen a few people mention them here before, but only in passing...just wanted to know what every1 felt about them, discussing etc etc.
im not normally an emo person, but these just really hit a spot for me for some reason smokin'

if i had to name their top 3 songs theyd be:
1) The Crowing (imo the best emo song ever made)
2) The Light and the Glass
3) Delirium Trigger

one of the few bands i like that ive still not seen live, but from what i hear from other people theyre really good, and Claudio hits every note vocally aswell, which im surprised about tbh smile

EDIT: for some reason u have to copy and paste the link to the story...

loserib
ive only heard like 3 songs from them and i must say that i dont think i can stand them might be willing to give them another try

SlipknoT
the lead singer reminds me of my friend omar, he has HUGE hair and I mean huge

Df02
lol, yea his hair is a bit large

Spicy_Mchaggis
i like their old stuff when they were alternative rock, now there in the "pop" genre.

Df02
not really....theyre hardly pop, theyre emo. personally think the newer album is much better than the old, and im hardly a pop fan lol. then again im hardly an emo fan, just these are quite good.

Real
they're indie...not quite emo...but o well, the lines are blurred w/them...look at favor house atlantic and then at second stage turbine blade...they're music is great and has a unique sound...especially Claudio's voice

SlipknoT
Yea, at fisrt I thought the guy in the video was being dubed

Df02
yea, they dont quit fit uner the emo category, but thats where theyve been stuck so its the name ill use to describe em lol...fair enough its not 100% accurate.

its like At The Drive in were emo aswell sposedly

bardock
they kick ass

SnakeEyes
I have only heard one of their songs and this Claudio guy sounds pretty weird. Kind of like a female, but i guess it would just take me a while to get used to him, also i would need to hear some of their other stuff.

Df02
i love his voice, its really strong and high pitched without sounding whiny like most high pitched vocalists

bardock
agreed^^^^

Tex
I've heard one song and dont want to hear anymore; ever.

Cinemaddiction
Go kick King Buzzo from The Melvins in the scrotum and you'll get the lead "singer" from this duo of dung.

Df02
duo lol?
theyre a 4piece, if ud have read the thread ud know that Coheed and Cambria are the names of 2 people in a story that all their songs make lol

Silver Stardust
Number 1, emo's not a genre, it's a style stick out tongue

I like Coheed and Cambria yes

Cinemaddiction
Emo is a disease.

periera
I think that guy's voice would be very akin to the sound one would make while dying a violent death. I don't like em.

StinkFist462
there not bad

Arahael
I love them!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.