Baseball playoff predictions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
Post your playoff predictions here.

I think Twins vs. Yankees in ALCS, Twins in 6.

Cardinals vs. Dodgers NLCS, Cardinals in 5

Twins vs. Cardinals World Series, Twins in 7

That is of course if the schedule works out that way.

forumcrew
anything baseball related you mine as well post in the american league thread we pretty much discuss any topic.. just makes it a little more convienyent...

but my picks are a bit different in the AL i dont think the twins stand a chance

the west is so close but i think boston will take the wild card regardless of who wins the west and the twins will be out round 1

yankess are going to the world series unless they play boston in the playoffs and i think boston can beat them.. i dont think any of the teams from the west can make it to the world series though

in the NL the braves, cardinals, and dodgers will take 1st and the cards will go to the world series I think the cubs will take the wild card for sure and it will come down to them vs the cards in the NLCS

and hopefully the cards win.. or anyone but the yankess...

ideally i wann see cubs vs red sox but theres no way they will both make it... although it would be the best world series in recent history

cal31
Ok, I'll post it in there from now on.

Every year people say the Twins don't stand a chance, but twice they then won the world series, and in the last couple years they beat the a's and made it a series against the eventual world champions Angels, so they definetly have a chance. They have the best pitching in the AL besides the A's, top 5 defense, most stolen bases, 2 best closer in the AL, and their hitting is so much better with Morneau and when they get Mauer back they'll be that much better.
A cubs vs red sox world series would be the most watched series ever no doubt. But I don't think it will happen this year. Cubs have a shot at making it but I don't think the red sox do. To many other good teams in the AL.

forumcrew
i think the red sox have a better pitching staff for the playoffs then the twins with chilling and pedro

Mr Parker
Im going to guess the match ups will go like this.
AL twins vs yankees with yankees winning

NL Cardinals vs dodgers with cardinals winning

series is yankees vs Cardinals with yankees winning.

cal31
Pedro is past his prime and I'd take Santana over Schilling anyday. The matchups Santana Vs Schilling, Santana wins that one, and Pedro vs. Radke, very close but I'd have to give it to Pedro. So I don't see how they're better, plus minnesota has a bettter bullpen, a better closer, better set up man, etc.

forumcrew
lowe and wakefield are both good starters as well.. and boston has a better offense

Dr. Strangelove
I agree with you Santana Schilling and Pedro Radke takes although their are very few pitchers that I would rather want than Schilling starting in a playoff game and you also have to throw in Wakefield into the mix because when he has that knuckler working he's unhittable.

Minnesota and Boston are 10 and 11 respectably in reliever ERA with about a .10 difference so their isn't much difference between them. Also while Nathan has been unhittable this season I want to see what happens when he is put in a pressure filled playoff game because from watching him the last couple of years with the Giants he's been terrible in pressure situations. While Nathan has been great, Foulke is no slouch either.

ForumCrew- I dont think you can include Derek Lowe as he has the "Derek Lowe Face" right now with 5.33 ERA.

forumcrew
he may not be having a great season.. but hes a veteran pitcher and i think he would put up a pretty good game in the playoffs.. theres a lot of worse pitchers you could have

cal31
Boston has a horrible defense though, although it got better with the trades, a little better.

forumcrew
i wouldnt call it horrible.. they have a pretty solid infield and a decent outfield.. damon is a very good CF i dont really think they can win the world series this year though either way

cal31
Well Boston has the third most errors in the AL and is third worst in team fielding percentage, so take it for what you will

forumcrew
but the trades have helped fix that.. and with some injuries they had people in the field who didnt belong like ortiz.. im not saying they are great but id still take them over the twins in a 7 game series.. and i dont think either team has a chance to win it all

cal31
Well the Twins stomped them in the series a week or so ago, along with the yankees.

forumcrew
the red sox have made up 5 games in like 10 days on NY and lead the WC there doin MUCH better after the trades

G.P
...predictions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.