After the fall will Anakin be healed by a kaiburr crystal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J-Unit
Anyone?

Darth_Duffy
whats a kaiburr crystal?

Ghetto Goblin
exactly my thought.

Darth_Duffy
sounds like that 'kyber crystal' thing that supershadow babbles on about..

tell me im wrong please

NoMeN
anyone read Journal of the Wills? or however its spelled ;-)

J-Unit
If You Go To The Starwars Databank It Will BE Spelled That Way

yerssot
good for them and up to this point that silly little crystal is still very much EU

so for now the answer would be: no, it doesn't exist

guiro72
the "saber dart" in aotc was originally a "khyber dart" (or however it's supposed to be spelled.....it's an old idea that's been hanging around in one form or another for years.....

thing is, i always found it vaguely amusing....isn't khyber an old british euphemism for........you know........ermmm.....

carry on up the khyber anyone?.....

PVS
yeah, someone has been tainted with the lies of supershadow.
but thats ok J-Unit, it is never too late to come back to the good side big grin

yerssot
Khyber is a Hebrew word meaning a fort

guiro72
it's also the name of a river, if i'm not mistaken....

you know how cockney rhyming slang works don't you, me old china plate?......

Sith Master X
No, the Kaiburr crystal is a part of Lucas' vision. That isn't just a rip off of SuperShadow. SS just found it and made up more BS about it, but the Kaiburr crystal is real according to the Lucas' vision. If you read some old drafts of the OT by GL, there's alot about that crystal.

But, I do not think Anakin will be healed by that crystal.

yerssot
yeah, SMX, and the crystal is also in Splinter of the Mind's Eye no expression

Darth Sauron
Up the apples and pears wink

Ghetto Goblin
WHAT?

guiro72
You are beginning to find the phrase "khyber dart" amusing perhaps, Darth Sauron?.....

Ushgarak
That doesn't make it 'real' as such, SMX, any more than Han Solo being a green-skinned alien, which GL also thought of at one point. But yes, this was an idea nabbed from GL's early drafts and bears no relation to anything that is actually going to happen.

darktim1
I remember the crystal from darth mauls novel and that was what he was trying to recover before ep1 I know it was given to the trade federation in the book and then given to palpatine but don't know if use it in ep3 for now may force be with you.

guiro72
they did try to squeeze it into aotc....reeks of midichlorians to me though.....

yerssot
doesn't matter if they tried to or not, it didn't got in and probably won't

guiro72
for the record i actually agree with you there yerssot....

Sith Master X
I probably shoudn't have said real, only it was a part of Lucas' vision.

guiro72
Star Wars: Episode III: Carry On Up The Khyber

smoker4
Yes they find it in obi wan's khyper pass stick out tongue

guiro72
laughing

cavola
as per databank:

The legendary Kaiburr crystal is an archaeological relic found on the planet of Mimban. Mimban lore says that the god Pomojema used the crystal to heal the wounded. The priests of the Temple were said to have mysterious healing powers that stemmed from the crystal. The crimson gem had the ability to enhance Force powers. The crystal resided in the jungle Temple of Pomojema, guarded by a sluggish yet deadly lizard-creature.
Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa helped a Mimban local named Halla search for the crystal. Upon uncovering it, the Rebel heroes had to face Darth Vader before they could escape with their prize.

Removing the Kaiburr crystal from Mimban affected its mystical properties. Its power decreased in direct proportion to its distance from the temple. As such, the Kaiburr crystal became little more than a curiosity in Luke's possession, as he concentrated on the more pressing concerns of the Galactic Civil War. He would later use it as a teaching aid to his students in his Jedi Academy, and briefly experimented with using fragments of the gem as focusing crystals in lightsabers.

Therfore we dont have an idea. If they had to face Darth Vader to get away with it , it could have meant something to him

J-Unit
NO Honestly PVS Go To The OS Search For Kaiburr Crystal And You Will Find It

Ushgarak
Yes, J, because it has been in the EU, which is not relevant.

yerssot
you ... accidently (?) forgot to add the link...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/kaiburrcrystal/eu.html

notice the EU part in the url

cornponious
Who was it a couple of weeks ago who was swearing up and down that Palpatine, in ROTJ, was wearing a kaiburr crystal around his neck?

HAR HAR HAR!

cornponious (kuntrious kokious maximus)

Master Kadub
I remember Palpatine wearing something around his neck,
but i will have t go back and look to be sure....

Sith Master X
I don't remember seeing Palps wearing anything around his neck.

Ghetto Goblin
which episode, i can look for pics.

Manôkhâu
For anyone who doesn't know, the Kaliburr Crystal resided on Mimban in the original sequel to Star Wars, Splinter of the Mind's Eye-which was cut out because of ESB, though traces of Mimban can still be seen in the landscape of Dagobah.
But, since SotME became a "what-if" story, the Crystal is EU.

Manôkhâu
Sorry, did'na see that other user's post...

yerssot
like every book that id out there

captainmidnight
would it be fair to say anakin gets healed by a big black suit...

Sith Master X
I'd say it's quite reasonable. wink

Ken Benobi
Something else to consider too:

ROTJ
Luke: Master Yoda, you can't die......
Yoda: Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....

Possible indication that maybe someone stronger in the force could stay alive...which would also fulfil Anakin's own words in AOTC...

queeq
Damn! Another EU thread.... I feel like killing this one... evil face

Ken Benobi
lol laughing

queeq
It's not that funny. wink

Ken Benobi
well, it isn't my thread....

queeq
You so won't mind?

Master Kadub
I cant believe there are so many EU haters.....

queeq
Nothing to do with hate. EU just doesn't belong in this forum. There's a place for people who like that kinda stuff.... and it's not just the asylum. wink

PVS
EU? hell no.

supershadow said that its all true...
so it must be... stick out tongue

queeq
Oh (he muttered with a sense of awe)..... Supershadow....... (more awe)..... Well, sure if Supershadow said it... .(even more awe)....

*prostrates* Oh Supershadow, forgive me for doubting you, for questioning your wise words...

PVS
your apology will be forwarded

killer kool

laughing

queeq
Phew..... thanks. Hope he accepts.

Ushgarak
Actually, I thought the implication was that no-one is that strong.

queeq
Me too.

cornponious
I tend to agree. I think Yoda meant that NOBODY is THAT strong.

corn

Cinemaddiction
Eh, he'll get thrown in a Bacta tank, what is left of him, which will basically be a torso, if that.

queeq
With some threads hanging from him...

Master Kadub
I love to argue about the EU; not because I feel that it is all crediable when discussing the movies....but because there were no such thing as EU or Canon/non-Canon when all of this StarWars kraz started.....

ex:
I had heard of Boba Fett through rumor after ANH back in 1978/79' ish..
but we never saw him on the screen til ESB....

We even heard of Yoda prior to ESB, but knew nothing of him or what he would be like....

Then before ROTJ, all types of rumors of Luke's encounter with Jabba the Hutt and his palace.........and the Emperor Palpatine, what would a Sith Master be like.....we only saw his image in ESB, not him in person...

Then after seeing Jabba, Lucas goes back and throws him in ANH.....

So tell me what is canon/non-canon, EU/not EU......non of it matters because if it has Lucas's stamp of approval on it.....then it is valid, like it or not......

Lucas makes noise about people using images and so, on of StarWars because he wants controlling interest........obviously whatever we read or see outside of the movies is all good.......

People need to understand that and deal with it..... mad

queeq
There are also lots of rumours that didn't make it to the canon. You can discuss all EU you want in the EU forums... Just not here.

guiro72
ROTJ
Luke: Master Yoda, you can't die......
Yoda: Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....

See also:
"No one can kill a jedi"
"i wish that were true"

queeq
And the point of that post is...?

yerssot
then how come Splinter of the Mind's Eye is scrapped from the timeline? cause it's pure canon?

queeq
There is a canon.... Just ask Ushgarak, he's our canon god. And he can tell you all about it.

yerssot
or read the note

queeq
Indeed.

yerssot
see, from time to time I can fake I'm a smart cookie

queeq
Yup. And I just play along.

yerssot
you're a good actor

queeq
Thanks.

yerssot
mention me in a positive way when you get your oscar

queeq
Hmmmm, if I pull THAT off then I deserve another Oscar! wink

cavola
why ? you got beef with EU ?

queeq
Huh?

This is not the place for EU, here we talk canon only. It distorts the debate.

Master Kadub
laughing heheheh....

queeq,
nothing distorts the debate....u just loose focus.....

Jedi Priestess
No actually we DO have an EU section and I believe its noted that this section is Canon discussion only. messed

yerssot
but you can use EU as a way to make a point, but not to make it seem like the absolute truth wink

Jedi Priestess
In what way? If EU is not accepted as canon how can you use it to make a point regarding canon material?

yerssot
it's not really about making a point, it's more about "hey, wouldn't it be kewl if we have a force whip like that girl in that comic has?"

but not "hey, anakin will get healed by the kaiburr crystal since palpatine has it and it magnifies the use of the force for a person" cause the kaiburr is EU it can only be a hope and not a statement

Jedi Priestess
SW comics *shudder*

yerssot
I like the republic ones sad

smoker4
I saw elvis the other day and he tried to sell me some kaiburr crystals, at least i think thats what they where??

This thread belongs with super shadow, lucas is canon everything else should be fired out of one, i will forward this to him so he can make it fact!!!!!!!!

Darth Cain
Exactly, for the sake of fandom.... let go of the kaiburr crystal. Splinter of the Mind's Eye was cancelled out by ESB, for goodness sakes!
laughing out loud

PVS
god...i mean ush...please kill this useless thread smile

Master Kadub
heheheh.....'EU powers activate'..... stick out tongue

smoker4
5 holocrons, 100 palps clones, some kaiburr crystals, anakin solo, mara jade, dark empire noooooooooo stop kill the thread please smokin' miffed

Ushgarak
Ok, all done. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.