What if Episodes I, II & III were made back then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CinematicESP
This is kind of the antithesis of a post in the OT forum in which everyone considers who they might cast if Episode IV-VI were made today rather than back in the 70s. Well what if it were the other way around, and Episodes I-III were made back in the 70s/80s rather than today? Who might you have cast? Mine...

Anakin Skywalker: Tom Hulce
Obi-Wan Kenobi: David Carradine
Queen Amidala/Padme: Carrie Fisher
Qui-Gon Jinn: Toshiro Mifune
Yoda: Frank Oz
Mace Windu: Richard Roundtree
Palpatine/Darth Sidious: Ian McDiarmid
Darth Maul: Gordon Liu
Count Dooku: Christopher Lee
General Grievous: Shintaro Katsu
C-3PO: Anthony Daniels
R2-D2: Kenny Baker
Shmi Skywalker: Louise Fletcher
Bail Organa: Al Pacino
Jango Fett: Jeremy Bulloch
Boss Nass: Ned Beatty
Voice of Darth Vader: James Earl Jones

The ones that aren't on there were too difficult to think of the right actor. Anyways, what do you think, and how would you have cast it?

Sith Master X
Hmm...some of those actor's I am not familiar with. Who is James Earl Jones? stick out tongue

Ken Benobi
African American actor born in 1931, he's in a lot of movies, very good actor. He played the king in "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy. He played Jack Ryan's friend, Admiral Greer in the first two Tom Clancy movies. Played Kevin Costner's friend in "Field of Dreams". He's in a recent phone commercial, for Verizon I think. (He's also the voice of Simba's father in the Lion King movies..)

Jedi Priestess
LMAO laughing he was KIDDING Ken!

And Tom Hulce as Anakin?? No way can I see the guy that played Ammadeus as anywhere NEAR as intense as Anakin has to be.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I was just kidding Ken. laughing out loud stick out tongue He was also in The Sandlot as the guy who owns that vicious dog.

Darth Cain
Toshiro Mifune as Qui-Gon- brilliant!!

robakin
I agree with Darth Mifune as Qui-Gon is inspired, I like Qui Gon but Liam will never seem the same now!!

robakin
Ok here goes
Anakin - Clint Eastwood ( tall ) Steve McQueen ( dark)
Padme - Diane Keaton
Obi Wan - Dustin Hoffman or Robert Redford ( i know their American but their actors ain't they!)ok ok Roger Moore!!!
Mace - does he have to be black? i thought Paul Newman or Gene Hackman
Qui Gon - Mifune will not be beaten!! however i thought Marlon Brando always the rebel
Darth Maul - Bruce Lee surely ( i know he would be dead by then, work with me!)think about it he would be brilliant
Shmi - Faye Dunaway
Bail - Roy Scheider
this is harder than people think.

Darth Sauron
laughing

AMMADEUS!! rock Hell of a film

Although the guy who played Solliari (cant spell his name) would make a good emperor

robakin
how about Chris Walken as Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.