A clue to the end of ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
The photoreceptor pic for today has this caption.

The Dark Lord of the Sith pauses to reflect while looking out his Star Destroyer's viewport. The minimal set used in Episode V had only a single viewport built into its upper deck, a design closely copied for a similar shot in Episode III.

It has Vader standing alone in front of a window on a star destroyer looking out into space............perhaps this will be the final shot of ROTS?

Sith Master X
Hmm...very possible.

Spiderdrew8
There's a good chance that will happen smokin'

Jedi Priestess
here's a cut up section of the pic

Jedi Priestess
took it off scramba will host the whole thing wink

scramba2000
http://home.comcast.net/~shirazkh/photoreflect.jpg

Sith Master X
NICE!!! Thanks!

cavola
i think he is thinking what the f*** went wrong with padme

Havoc X
i dont know if that is from EpIII because
look at the people in the bottom left corner they look just like the ones from OT and not like clone officers

Sith Master X
I was just thinking about that as well. What if that is from the OT?

Ken Benobi
nice pic- I've also seen one of Yoda and Obi-Wan sitting in a ship together(I think it's the same ship Leah was on in the beginning of ANH). They are apparently talking about what to do about the whole situation. Has anyone else seen that pic?

cavola
i dont think its an old pic; its got a matte screen out of that window / viewport

darktim1
I hope it ends on his star destroyer after all he is the commander of the fleet palpatine gave him control of his space forces may he'll look out into space and think about all his past and wonder why did I kill her why.Or he'll probibley start using his darkside powers to get jedi all over universe.

cavola
Yep ! it from the ep3 .

and video compositing for green/blue screens has only been going on for 20 years

darktim1
cool thanks.

Jedi Priestess
Guys messed......its a photorecpetor pic from EPV which it plainly states in the caption I posted first. It is SIMILAR to something used in EP3 it says.

SomeGuy57
Cool picture. I think its for ROTH because Dart Vader looks a little short and Hayden even said how he wasnt as tall as the original Darth

Mortanius
You rock, JP and Scramba! smile

Sith Master X
Yeah yeah, I knew that. I was just seeing if anyone else would catch on. stick out tongue

Anakin2Vader
That pic is from 5 but we do know that that set will be used in Ep 3 .... it was previously in a BTH pic.

Sith Master X
Dunno, but I guess it's something similar that is used in Ep 3.

Havoc X
i caught it when you did smx

cavola
but if that pic is not of episode 3, then why the heck are they slapping a H on it and requiring usernames & passwords to view it ?

If the movie was released such a long time ago it doesnt make too much sense to me that they are showing us an old pic................Just to say that Episode 3 will be finishing with a scene similar to that .

GIVE US THE REAAAAALLLLLL ONE GL !! U TEASER !

J-Unit
Perhaps It Is A Shot Of The OT Dvd Special Edition

darktim1
maybe it will be in the documentary on dvd set comming out called empire of dreams it may be on that for now may force be with you.

wolfdraven
we'll just have to wait and see on may 19th won't we

Sith Master X
Unfortunately. sad And that wait is just too long.

Indy_Knight
That is a brill pic, thanks Scramba. Yep, it's from V, but you could have that in III.

PVS
cool thread, how did i miss this? oh well....

i think there will be an escape scene similar to ep5

i think vader is meditating on the occupants of the escaping ship, probably the tantive4.

PVS
here's a post from a long time ago at TF.N, this is my guess on how ep3 will end:

i just thought of vader in ep4 meditating on the occupants of the millenium falcon..."i sense something....a presence i've not felt since...."
we assume it's ben's presence...but doesn't vader know ben well enough to smell him out right away? what if it's luke's presence that he senses?

vader seems to not have a clue as to what the "presence" is. he seems so confused and downright fascinated in that scene, but he makes it clear that he suspected all along that kenobi was still alive..."obiwan IS here." "escape is not his plan, i must face him alone" vader didn't seem too surprised to bump into old ben did he?

just take a minute to picture a scene such as this at the end of ep3:

darth vader finds out kenobi is escaping... with luke on board...(no, he does not know of luke)

vader stands on the bridge of his star destroyer meditating on the occupants of the escaping ship. just at the moment where vader is about to have kenobi blown away....he then senses another presence...

"what are your orders lord vader?...what are your orders?"
of coarse, as vader hesitates, kenobi hits light speed just in time...cut to vader standing on the bridge, wondering just what the heck he sensed.

hey, its a theory ok? so dont kill me stick out tongue

Master Kadub
PVS,
You got to it before me...
I was just thinking of the same scene
and how awesome it would be to see
a simular scene played out to end ROTS;
and the start of the Jedi Purge and emergence
of the Empire's rule in the galaxy.....

PVS
i have the suspicion that the purge will be over by the end of ep3.
yoda and obiwan will be believed to be dead...except for vader's suspicion
that obiwan is alive.

the question i have is this:
does palpatine know that obiwan is still alive?

most will immediatly say "no way", but i beg to differ.
remember, with all his power, the emporer is arrogant.
luke accurately points it out as his weakness in ep6.

wouldnt it make sense for vader to wake up as a machine,
and demand to go off and seek kenobi out to kill him?

would it also make sense for the emporer to say something along the lines of
"he is of no concern to us, lord vader. we have more important matters to attend to" or even "in time, kenobi will seek YOU out"

all i know is anakin is defeated by kenobi, and kenobi walks away.
so, unless there is another encounter between kenobi and the empire,
to vader and palps, it only makes sense that he is still alive, right?

Ken Benobi
I agree pretty well there PVS, I think by the time it is all over with, Palpatine and Vader know they have the advantage, and probably know Obi-Wan will go into hiding...because in any war the facts are that the numbers will always win, and 2 against several hundred thousand isn't very good odds

guiro72
really like the vader sensing luke theory....ties in with the scene i keep annoyingly mentioning, where vader first sees luke as they run for the falcon.....yeah, impressive pvs....

some of these other ideas are good too...

i like "in time he will seek YOU out".....

queeq
WOOHAHAHAHAHA. Video compositing yes, blue screens NO!!! Did none of you people ever see any of the miniature shoot of ANH? BLUE SCREEN! BLUE SCREEN! BLUE SCREEN!

THat pic's from ESB.

smoker4
Nice ideas PVS!!!! Got me thinking that they must think yoda dead, cause i cant see them thinking he is no concern smokin'

queeq
Probably yeah. But not so for OB1.

Lyn
I like that sort of idea actually...nice one PVS thumb uphappy
Didn't GL want to tie the PT endings to the OT ones? Maybe ROTS will end with a similar shot to ROTJ...?

queeq
Who knows.. maybe it ends with the twins though. Or Luke on Tatooine as a prelude to "A New Hope".

Lyn
Maybe. I was just thinking...
TPM & ANH endings -- The characters are standing, in a row, celebrating, facing the camera.
AOTC & ESB endings -- Two characters facing away from the camera.
ROTJ ending -- All of them facing the camera...though that's probably more because it's the ending of the saga.

Ken Benobi
good point Lyn...

Ken Benobi
maybe the dark side will have some kind of celebration, while Obi-Wan and Yoda mourn their fallen friends...

Lyn
Yeah, perhaps. That's what I was wondering...there wouldn't exactly be an opportunity for all the characters to get together in a happy-snap at the end of the film. laughing

Ken Benobi
However it goes I think the end will be very dramatic, kinda like ESB was at the end. Especially since the title of IV is A New Hope....Lucas can build up to that one big time. For some reason I think I favor an ending where Vader is looking out of a space window, and the scene will cut to Bail Organa looking at baby Leah, and/or cut to Obi-Wan on Tatooine staring at the same moons LUke stared at during sunset...?? What do you think eh?

Lyn
I very much like the sound of that Ken. I really want something dramatic. I want to be moved in EpIII.

Ken Benobi
Well GL has John Williams again, as always, and you can bet he will definately tie in the new music to the old as well. The connection will be easy to make from a musical standpoint, he's just brilliant....

Ken Benobi
not to mention we know James Earl Jones is returning to do the voice of Vader in the helmet eek! big grin thumb up

Lyn
I couldn't agree more...that man is a musical genius. <<Understatement of the Year...laughing

queeq
It has to end on a down note of course. If it ties in with the ANH scroll: dark times are on the brink to end. Which means the Dark Times begin at the end op EPIII.

PVS
funny that you guys can visualise what i predict.
when i presented that at TF.N, you would think i was telling them
"the grass is blue and the sky is green" with all the passionately negative
responses i got. i can see now why i enjoy this forum much more.

as far as the END end of the film, i cant predict that really, given the possabilities. we know their will be a scene of obiwan dropping luke off at tatooine, and its safe to say he will stay as well. will there be a scene of yoda departing for dagobah? who knows.

so i think it will be either of these:

-baby luke, beru, and owen standing before a twin sunset on tatooine (i leave kenobi out of this, because i suspect owen and him will have a bit of a spat. owen will want no part of luke being trained as a jedi, and thus the tension between the two we see in ANH

"that wizards just a crazy old hermit"
"thats your uncle talking"

perhaps the camera will pan out to reveal obiwan looking over from a distance....

-or we will see bail, bail's wife/soon to be wife(leah's stepmother), and baby leah, possibly with yoda aboard the tantive IV, ship hits hyperspace, roll credits, similar to ESB.

both seem very possible, i cant decide.
i guess it would make more sense for the second to take place, since the first scene in ep IV brings us back to the Tantive IV being attacked.

wolfdraven
I would go with the second scenario myself. As long as it gives an ESB feel I will be more than satisfied with the film.

queeq
Is that all it would take?

Darth Cain
Palpatine could do a little victory dance.....

queeq
Now THAT would do it for me. The PT could use a little humour.

Darth Cain
Yes it could- as long as its actually funny.

queeq
Oh, so you humour in the funny sense of the word.

(Oh I forgot: sarcasm alert)

davesmolo
So if the endings to 1 and 4 are similar...and 2 and 5 are similar...than of course 3 and 6 will be similar.

The whole movie is about Vader emerging and how the Sith have taken over...no one said the ending had to be happy with ben walking off into the desert.

You want a similarity to 6 when everyone looks at the camera...

Vader, tarkin, Emperor on the starship...staring out as the Death Star is being built.

remember...in the long term these movies are supposed to intertwine and not be regarded so much as a prequel trilogy and original trilogy...

ROTS needs to end with evil looming (case in point the starship scene) so A NEW HOPE means even more

guiro72
yeah, ep II was a very different ending in terms of mood to ep V, but the scene was composed to visually echo the last shot of ep V....

perhaps the sith will have a celebratory barbeque aboard the star destroyer, and then pose for a commemorative photo......

Cowboyography
Actually this would be quite sad, Kenobi, walking into the desert defeated, all his friends lost, his pupil tried to kill him, and there is a new evil empire. I wouldnt call it happy at all!!

davesmolo
That's true too....but if you're looking for a visual similarity then you go with the Sith on the starship watching the Death Star with Tarkin. If the end of Return of the Jedi should represent the Fall of the EMpire...then the end of Return of the Sith should represent the Empire's rising.

I say go with Darth, Tarkin, Emperor on the STar ship

Cowboyography
Lucas will want to hit hard with the final scene, He will want it to be a lasting impression. and other the Padme nude I think Tarkin/Vader/Emporer overseeing the deathstar would be the best bet.

darth_surgent
As much as I would prefer the movie ending on the evil note, I'm quite sure that it will end on a somber note on Tatooine.

Batman316
I agree. The final scene will be Luke on Tatooine I can't see it happening any other way.
Emperor and Vader fade to Luke on Tat

Sith Master X
An ending on Tatooine might be nice, if it's delivered properly. I think that's how it'll be, with Obi-Wan walking into the twin sunset.

queeq
Or it could end with a half finished Death Star.

Sesse
Half-finished death star?

That would mean that they have constructed it for 20 years before ROTS... Second deat star was finished pretty quickly though.

yerssot
is in the yellow opening scroll in ROTJ said that they started the construction after ESB or recently or nothing about it? cause they could of course been making more than one Deathstar...

PVS
perhaps we will see the construction in a brief scene, but the final scene will be of the good guys, it always ends with the good guys.

guiro72
could go either way, but the more i think about it, more i think it will end on obi wan walking into the sunset(s).....just after the star destroyer scene.....

Darth Cain
Didn't Pablo say that the Death Star was just a thing for the fans and had nothing to do with Ep. 3?

Obi-Wan waching a binary sunset in the desert would be perfect for the final scene of ROTS.

guiro72
yeah, think so....notice i said star destroyer scene, not death star scene....pretty sure there's a scene with vader, palpatine and tarkin looking out the window of a star destroyer somewhere near the end of the film....whether they're watching construction commencing on the death star is still open to debate....will end on obi i think....

Darth Cain
I did notice that and there were photos that seemed to show just such a scene.
But a more downer note for the film would be a jedi heading into exile as the suns set on his "more civilized time".

guiro72
with you there....i can just see the circular wipe with the music coming in....nice.....

smoker4
yes

rayj
I think that it will be Vader, Emperor, and Tarkin staring out into the very VERY beginnings of Death Star construction from a Model Close to a Star Destroyer, (The music will build up to the empire type music! very intense, Empire music) then it will suddenly go silent and very very soft Skywalker music will play as Obi Won hands Luke to his uncle, and walks off into the desert in the twin sunset looking defeated and sad then let one note from the Skywalker Theme hang and then.....BA DA BA DA BADADADA DU DU< DUN DUN DUN< DU DU you know

PVS
bump....sinking stupid threads

queeq
It's still on topic...well on topic-ish. Anyone else have something sensible to add? Some new spoilers?

Darth Jayno
originally, I heard that the final scene would be the buned anakin being fitted with the vader suit and palps coming to greet him after the transformation. Surely vader has to get more sceen time than this.

queeq
I'd think so, he has to be the scourge of the universe for the next 20 years.

guiro72
that scene is in, it also involves anakins force tantrum when he finds out the truth about certain events....but following this is a certain amount of the exposition of how yoda and obi wan get to where they are in anh (i'm not sure how much is before and how much is after the scene)....then you see suited vader again aboard a star destroyer, with palpatine and tarkin (oh yes!!!).....also obi wan walking into the sunset(s) after having dropped off luke with the lars.....

official word has suited vaders screen time at about 5 mins....but they're still editing and shooting, so that could well change....

mauler
I agree. The final scene will be Luke on Tatooine.

PVS
yeah...heres how i see the end:

vader/palps/tarkin watching on as the deathstar is built

cut to leah, bail, bail's wife on the tantive4, possibly with yoda

finally cut to tatooine...twin sunsets, owen and beru with baby luke...
slowly zoom back to reveal obiwan watching over.

cut to credits

queeq
That sounds like about it. Not many surpises in this one I think.

captainmidnight
yeah i think the final scene will have something to do with the construction of the death star,it would be cool to see darth all suited up striking some jedi down,referring to the purge,but that will never happen

queeq
Construction of the Death Star.... I once thought as you do, but 20 years is very long to take before it gets operational... The second bigger DS took only a few years to build... If not less than one.

Cipher
Wasn't it stated by McCallum or somebody that the Death Star was a little nod to the fans in Ep. 2? 20 years for one, then two for the second is poor logic....
But this is Lucas.

queeq
True. But look at the ships the federation built in ten years in Ep2... A LOT!

wolfdraven
I'm 100% behind you on that one PVS.

PVS
well its about time!!!! eek!

queeq
Time to close?

PVS
yeah sure, why not

NoMeN
time to close, indeed

queeq
Okiday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.