Don't you all wish, Spider-sense would turn on everytime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amazing Spidey
Hello fellow spidey fans!

Spider-man is obviously my favorite Marvel Character, since I was a child wearing spidey pajamas.

I have always love his spider-sense power, which imo is one of the best powers you can have in a superhero. I want to point out that I was sooooooooooooooo happy when Stanley finally gave Spider-man organic webbing. That has been my biggest complaint ever. He just needed that power to truly be complete. Webshooters is alright, but anyone can just steal just copy that technology from him and would only belittle the uniqueness of Spiderman. That's all.

Anyways, back to spider-sense.

Even though, Spider-man is already tough. I could imagine how great he would be if the spider-sense would turn on everytime he's about to get hit by anything or in any danger. True, usually the spider-sense comes on enough to save Spidey. But if it turns on everytime, I could imagine no one touching our beloved Spider-man. He'll know their moves in advance and just dodge and hit them constantly until he wins. That would rock!

Of course, I already think the current Spider-man is perfect the way he is, but this just cross my mind that's all.

Anways, that's my thought.

The Ones
this happened in the comics, a kid stole his web shooters and costume and tried to use them, but spider-man's webshoots only activate when the pressure of this 2 middle fingers and put on the trigger. and since hes so strong, noone else can activate it without a heavy object like a hammer

Spiderman_RJ
are u serious? do u kow what issue is that the ones?

The Ones
it is astonishing spider-man series, let me go and check , i have it upstairs

The Ones
yeah, issue 104-105

Spiderman_RJ
thanks ill dig for it , around here.

Robo-Chocobo
I always wondered why his spidersense never went off when he was about to get clobbered half the time, or he gets caught off guard. I mean, its suppossed to warn him.

Ghetto Goblin
well he isn't superman, OR IS HE, BUM BUM BUM. anyways, it would suck if he had spider sense all of the time, i want suspence, i want drama, i want, wait, drop the drama, but i want moments where he is almost beat, then ends up taking so-in-so down.

hotsauce6548
in the movie spidey's spider-sense hardly went off at all, but some most comics have his spidey sense go off at any little thing... which i think is cooler.

BlackC@t
I like his webslinging best, that would be so cool to do.

Red Superfly
That's wrong - because in the fights he uses his Spidey-sense for like 90% of the time, just like in the comics.

The fight with Doc Ock on the train springs to mind, where his Spidey sense was on for a lot of the showdown. Dodging tentacles, dodging people, saving innocents, managing not to go splat on the scenery of New York, seeing the line ending up ahead.

Almost every action scene involving Spidey has his Spider-sense in overdrive.

It was JUST like the comics. The comics didn't always have the "whoosh" thingy where you can tell there's something wrong - you just KNEW he was using his sixth sense.

Spiderman_RJ
red superfly again i hate you and ur postings............
lol ,kidding. about the spidersense in the movie what MOST liked was the bank robbery scene, where octopus is outside and grabs a taxi door and trowns it on spiderman,and he dodges it,but when cotopus trowns the suitcase of the car on spiderman, spiderman tryes to dodge (as u see he trying to scape showing spidersense warned him) but its to late for a move and he is hit. i lived that just like "i have spidersense but ,thats not everything ,you know.i have to be faster too"

RED about the people to save i dont think that was spidersense, he just saw them.

Red Superfly
You don't know that.

It's safe to assume an ordinary human being would not be able to react, even if they had super-agility. Therefore, some other power of Spidey's was allowing him to react to everything so quickly - it's his spider-sense.

Spiderman_RJ
you dont know what? if youre talking to my , spdersense tingled but he was fst enough for dodging, u can see that scene in slow motion, and u see he is trying to jump high when he suddenly is hit by the suitcase car port.

TheVenomSymbiot
How about on the campus when he was desperately trying to make it to Connors' class, and he got knocked around? Shouldn't something've happened then?

doctorstrongbad
Yeah spider-sense is the best. Maybe he will use it more in part 3.

dami wilson
well he isn't superman, OR IS HE, BUM BUM BUM. anyways, it would suck if he had spider sense all of the time, i want suspence, i want drama, i want, wait, drop the drama, but i want moments where he is almost beat, then ends up taking so-in-so do

Good greive dude! If you want suspense, go do bungy jumping from a cliff with a very long long rope and the suspense will kill you as you appraoch the ground! Who needs suspense when the plot is good and thick like milk shake? Spiderman's spidersense should go off all the time as that's his natur! Its like saying WOlverine gets his bones broken becuse the forse was too much!

Stick to the facts, His spidersense operates all the time but cus they want to make spiderman a sorry arse ( lovable human hero) they get him almostkilled off all the time to generate some rude sympathy which is so common now it beggars believe and sucks like a 2 week past its sell date watermelon!
If Wolverine can survive chilling in the *^%SUN, what BS is that and how consistent is that? If they can start making wolverine stand up to 100 ton punches and not burge ( he has healing power not massive strength to withstand a 100 ton punch, this isn't Disney or Bugs Bunny stuff without even moving an inch) then spiderman's spider sense should alwasys come on!

They just want to create some *(&&^^% sympathy for the dude. That's not what made me fall in love with spiderman, it was his speed and jokes in the face of danger! He made jokes in the face of danger to hide his fear!

wuTa
his spider-sense only warns him like an extra second or 2 (if that) before he's in danger...when you get attacted so many times an extra second can only do so much

everyone knows that wolverine is waaaayy to powerful....the writers practically made him immortal...i'm glad they havent done that to spider-man...at least not yet they havent

doctorstrongbad
Yeah it wouldn't make sense if Spiderman was too super powerful. I think its one of the reasons I like him so much he is like the under dog.

dami wilson
ha!

doctorstrongbad
Don't you agree dami?

dami wilson
no! Newt! NON! Never in a thousand years! They're making the guy look ddumb and the butt of all super villains! Spidey back in the old days was the wise cracking hero that couldn't be touched because he was a kid at heart (in his Teens. But they coudln't touch him because he was too too fast! That was what made him special!

If wolverine could heal from any BULLS..IT, then spidey's star quality was that you couldn't touch him cause he was too darn fast and his Spider sense went OFF everytime danger was going to happen to him.
How many times have you killed a fly with your bare hands or even a book going full blow! You couldn't because they'd know! Try it! I beg you!

I hate flies and I have killed a thousand of them little suckas! I been to Tropical places like India and AFRICA! I hate flies but try killing one, apart from the night time when their eyes dont see so well. Listen, heis too fast to hit and his Spider sense would always go off cuase that's his nature! Does that make him untouchable?

That was how he was by the original wrietrs, Stan the MAN till these new comers came with their *&&($&^ideas and killed his rep! This may mean I dont get a job at Marvel but I know what I'm saying

dami wilson
yeah, and if wolverine can heal from anything and cos he got adamantum bones not move an inch when punched by a 100 ton punch
does that mean he can absorb those punches without taking account of the force? The bones might not break but I sure can tell you the force of the momentum will send him packing all the way to cuba! Quatana mobay or wherever in Cuba!

Have the writers in Marvel seen cars been crashed againt heavy objects to test the safety oif the car's materials and how they would react in accidents? Some cars are smashed to bits. Now force times velocity equals what? Even if the bones were that strong, he'd move and his wind pipes would go pop1 It take him an hour to heal! accelerated my arse! Butt! nuts!whatever!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by dami wilson
yeah, and if wolverine can heal from anything and cos he got adamantum bones not move an inch when punched by a 100 ton punch
does that mean he can absorb those punches without taking account of the force? The bones might not break but I sure can tell you the force of the momentum will send him packing all the way to cuba! Quatana mobay or wherever in Cuba!

Have the writers in Marvel seen cars been crashed againt heavy objects to test the safety oif the car's materials and how they would react in accidents? Some cars are smashed to bits. Now force times velocity equals what? Even if the bones were that strong, he'd move and his wind pipes would go pop1 It take him an hour to heal! accelerated my arse! Butt! nuts!whatever!

Well its a comic so they have to make it some what unreal. I think its adds to the story.

dami wilson
IS that it? Well how far are the stories from going close to Disney like CARTOONS? You know like Buggs Bunny and Tom and Jerry stuff? I expect a bit of realism like they do in Star wars and Star Trek! It's all fiction but more realistic! Even Terminator 2 was fiction but it was real and deep! That's why it sold so much! Most of that stuff going on in Terminator 2 couldn't be made but come on it was still believable!

Endenkton

radioboy121
Spiderman spider-senses should be considered pretty efficient as it is. It even warned and helped him evade Mary Jane playfully trying to swat him with a pillow. But if he becomes too elusive, then we would have to question characters like Green Goblin who have successfully pegged him before. I'm not crazy about superheroes who's powers are perfect and we would like to know that his spider sense isn't the dominating conscious when he functions (what if he wants to be splattered by a pie and he subconsciously jumps away from it anyhow?).

wuTa
laughing i'm sorry but thats funny

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by radioboy121
Spiderman spider-senses should be considered pretty efficient as it is. It even warned and helped him evade Mary Jane playfully trying to swat him with a pillow. But if he becomes too elusive, then we would have to question characters like Green Goblin who have successfully pegged him before. I'm not crazy about superheroes who's powers are perfect and we would like to know that his spider sense isn't the dominating conscious when he functions (what if he wants to be splattered by a pie and he subconsciously jumps away from it anyhow?).

That is funny. smile

dami wilson

doctorstrongbad
If spider-sense turned on all the time I think it would greatly improve Spider-man's fighting record. It comes and it goes and that is why spider-man has an average winning record. Do you think if he went to a telepath they could improve his spider-sense some how?

WindDancer
Endenkton and dami wilson no more hostility! Any more bashing and both of you will received warnings! Keep this on topic and NO more fighting.

dami wilson
MERCI BOKU. mocho gracias! Thank you your lorship. I accept.

Whta was the topic again? Spiderman's senses has gone slow and waned. Its like this superhero character I made when in high school. He has a early warning devise that warns him too late!

It was a joke book cartoon! So if he starts getting hit like any ordinary guy, whats the use?

fatcat22
what's the use you ask? I think it's to show Peter's human! Sometimes we are good at what we are and other times not! I dont know how his spider sense is supposed to work but like Dare Devil, it could malfunction sometimes. Have you read ther new comic, astonishing spiderman? His spider sense warns him just before a suicide bomber blows himself up in front of Dr Doom and Captain America in disguise.

Now, that's spidey!

mordamor22
ok back to the organics thing, heres my take(and im confused):

If i were a writer......i would make it so that its organic but I would have to find some reason that he wold have to put his fingers in the position he does because its just unchangable.......I dont have a big problem with the web shooters, exept that i dont think they make spidey complete....i think if he would be able to have his own spider powers, then he should be able to make webbing, but instead he makes it artificially and puts it in these little "shooters"

BlackC@t
Just because we don't hear Spider-Mans' spider-sense go off during fights in the movies does not mean it isn't going off.

It is, it's just they don't put in, I think it would be very annoying to hear his spider-sense go off every 2 seconds.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Just because we don't hear Spider-Mans' spider-sense go off during fights in the movies does not mean it isn't going off.

It is, it's just they don't put in, I think it would be very annoying to hear his spider-sense go off every 2 seconds.

BlackC@t does have a good point. I think that when ever we see Spiderman dodge a hit or make a great save its assumed he used his spider sense. The only time they should show it is if he is walking down the street as Peter and then it goes off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.