RAZZZZZZZZZ a question for YOU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Is it just me or does the "F" word in various disguises seem to be becoming more and more prevelant on KMC lately? Especially in the OTF...I mean really whats the point of having a censor if everyone's just gonna type around it and get away with it? Don't get my wrong, I have been known to swear like a sailor in my everyday life, but it's getting extremely old to read this word hundreds of times a day. messed

Clovie
some ppl got banned for bypassing the censor.
and if someone is abusing the word you can just ignore him/her

and i know the question wasn't to me.

yerssot
SOME being the keyword here

Mr Zero
This is an interesting point - because I swear a LOT and rely on the censor to hide it where appropriate - I've never tried to get round it by creative typing (IE: 5h1+) and sometimes the censor doesnt pick up what I've posted.

Is it because the censor is set up differently depending on which page/forum you are in - or is it because some of my potty mouth outbursts are more creative than others?

Rudeness inside> For eg: horsecock or horseshit

I dont mind offending people - hell see people calling stupid things "gay" in here all the time and that intolerance is a damn sight more offensive than me saying bumflaps. (IMO.) But I'd like to break the rules when i think its worthwhile rather than by accident.

Clovie
true erm

Darth Sauron
Very true.

Jedi Priestess
all I know is that it gets old along with the increasing level of stupidity in the SW forums. That used to be one place where I could escape the innane posting but not anymore. sad

Jedi Priestess
So do I but last time I checked this was supposed to be a PG13 board for one thing and you'll notice 90% of the cursing is done by "children" who think it's "cool" to use the "f" word instead of punctuation for their sentences.

Jedi Priestess
Hmm where is The Great Raz I wonder? huh

Raz
Its against the forum rules to use foul language, and especially to bypass the censor.

If you see any in future, just hit the report button, so either me or one of the other mods can take action.

(oh and I've been busy with configuring the new server smile)

yerssot
or just go to the OTF and type ****

Ahnold
Heh - nice knowing you, yerss ...

yerssot
nice to know you too... blink

dave123
Just report it and people learn happybday

dave123
another thing worth pointing out:

if you swear in a PM, it gets ****ing censored out, but if you click on reply, and read through the message, you can see the text that should have been there yes

Ahnold
It was a joke, old man! I said that it was nice knowing you since you were cheeky and used the f word ...

yerssot
I just pointed to a place where they use punctuation to go around the censor blink

Ahnold
Seems to me like you just bypassed the censor, yerss. I smell a ban coming on stick out tongue

Clovie
bypass look slightly differnt i would show you, but i don't wanna get banned.

Raz
Thats not the real bypass.

Anyway yerssot, don't push your luck, as it won't last you long...

ash007
yeah trust me hes not kidding wink

Mr Zero
To haul this back on topic - the KMC rules state to treat the board as PG 13...

Now as far as that PG13 classification goes I found out its defined as expect vulgarity and at least one harsh sexual swear word: Which is what I base my sweet disposition and charming nature on. If i'm wrong about this I'd like to know in advance.

Clovie
i don't like that tone confused cry

Darth Sauron
The bypass :/

Its kinda simple.... well the one i know of is...with the Edited for my own safety
Should really get that sorted out.

Clovie
blink edit it. there is no point in everyone knowing that.
i'm sure raz knows it already.

Darth Sauron
Everybody knows it already....

Clovie
i'm sure there are some ppl who doesn't.
but i don't expect them to post in this forum stick out tongue

Darth Sauron
Well look up, i edited smile
They will never know now

Clovie
very good. happy

Darth Sauron
Unless they PM me eek!

Not that i would tell them ninja

Clovie
of coz you wouldn't tell them roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Sauron
What are you trying to say?
What i would tell them just so they did it and caused a bit mayhem cry

Is that how you see me weep

Clovie
i'm not saying anything. blink

and for sure there is no point for you to be sad smile

Darth Sauron
I like to be dramatic though.....

Clovie
i haven't notice before stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.