Hey I just realised somethin about Quirrill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonflame
When Harry meets Quirrill in the 3 broomsticks he shakes his hand but Dumbledore said that Quirrill coudnt touch him coz of his mothers love so how did he touch him then??????????????????????????????

wink Happy Dance

dragonflame
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Darth Sauron
Erm, because if quirrel had died then....the book wouldnt have been very good? blink

loonyluna
he didnt touch his hand tho! harry sed 'plzd 2 meet u' and stuck out his hand,but he DIDNT shake it :P

Darth Sauron
He did, he shook his hand twice....

The Ones
i dont have the dvd but was his hand bare or was it covered in something?

hobbit_dude
it says he shooked is hand in the book... blink

agrees with sauron

BingaBonga
Hmmm... well, I know in the movie he didnt, but I never thought of that. Maybe, Voldemort hadn't completely posessed him then. I mean, he was on the back of his head, but Quirill was still his own person then? Very good question.

Lianslo
was he already posessed by voldy then? if not then it wouldn't have effected him. otherwise...perhaps its just a defense. Quirill wasn't trying to attack him, so Harry wasn't at risk...and therefore didn't need that defense. just a thought! smile

angelsflame265
well he could've had a glove on or something. . .

ladygrim
not really .. it would have been mentioned our obvious like binga says he may not of been totally possed wit voldy at that time .....

BingaBonga
but he did have his head covered.... but who knows. I may have been a mistake.

angelsflame265
somebody should get the book and post that part up here, cause i can't find mine lol

BingaBonga
okay, fine, I will lol

BingaBonga
This is what I found:

A pale young man mande his way forward, very nervously. One of his eyes ws twitching.

"Professr Quirrell!" said Hgd. "Harry, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts."

"P-P-Potter," stammered Professor Quirrell, grasping Harry's hand, "c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you."

"What sort of magic do you teach, Professor Quirrell?"

"D-Defense Against the D-D-Dark Arts," muttered Professor Quirrell, as though he'd rather not think of it. "N-not that you n-need it eh P-P-Potter?" He laughe nervously. "You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick p a new b-book on vampires, m-myself." He looked terrified at the very thought.

But the others wouldn't let Profesor Quirrell keep Harry to himself. It took alost ten minutes to get away from them all. At last, Hagid mangaged to make himelf heard over the babble.

"Must get on-- losts ter buy. oe on, Harry."

Doris Crockford shook Harry's hand one last time and Hagrid led them through the bar and out into a small, walled courtyard, where there was nothing but a trash can and a few weeds....

It was Doris Crockford that shook his hand over and over....

ladygrim
that some obsessed loon

BingaBonga
Pretty much.... smile

ladygrim
well i think that asnwers the question

Lady_Loofah
Maybe he didn't touch Harry long enough to get burned?

angelsflame265
um?

Rad_1
That's simple. Remember that Voldemort wasn't always in possession of him. In The Man With Two Faces, he says that it was only after he made some mistake, that Voldemort possessed him.yesCheck it out.

angelsflame265
lots of movment in that post. .. with the banana and the nodding and the rock on stuff lol

Rad_1
laughing out loud

BingaBonga
Wait, I don't get it. I thought that after Quirrell went into some forest to "study vampires" he found Voldemort struggling to survive....

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah....

fanatos
They did shake hands, but Quirrill was yet to be possessed by You-Know-Who wink .

dragonflame
but how was there a funnt smell around his turben

angelsflame265
well voldermort was most likley as big as he was in the first chapter of GoF. So maybe he was in the turben? (long shot lol)

dragonflame
yeah probably

ArrghPirateGirl
yes

ladygrim
probably...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.