Anakin in Return of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robakin
OK this is 2 fold...
firstly does the title refer to Luke becoming a Jedi or Anakin returning to the light side?

and it looks like ( ok we don't know for sure ) Hayden is at the end as a ghost in ROTJ. But when Luke takes off Vaders helmet is it Hayden or Mr Shaw?

Jedi Priestess
to answer your first question if you go by what Lucas has said it refers to Anakin and to answer the second I think it will be Shaw for the taking off of the helmet.

cylob49
well this is supposed to be a screen cap off the dvd

cylob49
well this is supposed to be a screencap from the ot dvd for rotj....

Jedi Priestess
thats what I said

cylob49
Just realised no eyebrows on Anakin and hes a whiter shade of pale too,guess they realised when his hair got burnt off his brows wouldve gone up too....those were some bushy eyebrows.

OB1-adobe
They changed his eye color to match Hayden's also

cylob49
But hey at least well remember those eyebrows for the outstanding job they did in Episode 2.

robakin
errrrrrr Mr Shaws accent is very different from Hayden's.

Jedi Priestess
what accent? I dont recall either of them having one?

Ken Benobi
I could live with that a lot easier than to see them put Hayden's face in where Sebastian's would be.....

Ushgarak
The first is highly debated. What comments are you referring to, JP?

robakin
Haydens has an American accent but Seb Shaws sounds more like a Brit like Obi Wan.

Darth Cain
All I can say thank George for not going totally with the retroactive changes!
Putting Hayden under the helmet in that scene would be too bizarre. I would have more trouble with that than the way they've put Hayden in the ghost sequence.

robakin
i think you could well be right Darth, I ok with Hayden being the ghost at the end. I do think it links the 2 trilogys better.

Darth Cain
That will actually make more sense to me: Anakin's ghost is him before his fall. That kind of lets Luke know he succeeded in saving him.

robakin
your right on the money

Ken Benobi
yeah but the save was reflected in the still alive old man...Luke saw his face there.....Luke had saved him and the old man that was now there had ceased to be Vader....

Darth Cain
True, but maybe the Force thought Luke was a little dense (or maybe just the audience) and needed clarification.......

queeq
I hope they don't change ROTJ too much.

And as for the title, Return of the JEdi's gonna be able to mean a lot. Which is fun: an ambiguous title.

It could be: return of Anakin, return of Luke, return of THE Jedi in general.... Or all of the above.

robakin
i always thought it was Luke becoming a Jedi for years. but after ep 2 i thought no wait its Anakin .
but you could be right queeg its both.

queeq
I think it originally WAS Luke. Now it means so much more. One of the advantages of the PT.

robakin
Yeah the title was better than we first thought.

queeq
It's not great, but it means more than any other title. Unless you want to go into "The Phantom Menace". wink

robakin
how do you mean?

queeq
There once was a whole debate about what or who the Phantom Menace is... A pretty senseless debate because AOTC already begins to make clear what it is, ROTS will make it clear. A bit late IMHO, but when TPM came out no non-SW fan understood what it was all about.

rayj
I've never had issues with them TOUCHING up things in the original to make the PT fit better, because I always hear people bitching about how they don't connect, and that is always the one thing that drives me up the wall! smokin'

queeq
Why?

I think the reason people have issues with that, is that it sometimes seem that GL now wnats to tell a somewhat different story than the one we fell in love with. And the new story somehow doesn't taste as good...

Cipher
Unfortunately, its not up to us. As the creator and owner he can do as he wishes. Even if that means screwing them up...........

queeq
True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.