Taking Back Sunday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fuct_up_kid
I know there's loads of people who don't like them, but is there anyone who does...i really do. like really really.

Fearnix
I have not heard them are they any good?

fuct_up_kid
well i think so...duh...lol

fuct_up_kid
they're emo though...you might not like them.

Fearnix
oh ok then

Deathblow
I like them. Although I have no clue why.

PrefectRonnykin
i like them yes

Df02
theyre ok....nowt special, like alot of emo bands, not bad, not good...
seeing them bottled off stage at Download was sorta funny tho, in a painful-to-watch way

fuct_up_kid
eek! i really thought you'd hate them..big grin

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
this is the best band ever! its my all time favourite band!! you should check out the song "Decade under the influence"

fuct_up_kid
yeah, tis awesome...

lil bitchiness
I like them. They're ok.

BlackC@t
I really like Taking Back Sunday.

The song 'This Photograph is Proof (I Know You Know)' is so cool!

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who heard/saw the Kroq acoustic christmas live show should have either had their like of this band erased or their dislike increased.

Quite possibly THE worst live band I have ever heard. I exaggerate not. Horrid voices, horrid music.

-AC

BlackC@t
Oh you hate every band!

Alpha Centauri
No I hate shit bands.

Including Taking Back Sunday. Anyone who saw that show will know why. They were absolutely awful.

-AC

rockchickgem
i kinda like Taking Back Sunday they're okay

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Its true AC does hate everything and everyone

SlipknoT
Shit band

Df02
they are awful live... but i do have a sorta soft spot for them, theyre not good... but theres a few songs i like:

One-Eighty by summer
Ghost man on third
Set Phasers to Stun

Decade under the influence is really boring erm along with most the rest of their stuff

fuct_up_kid
decade under the influence is annoying

timberwolves at new jersey is good

Emma718
i have never heard of them

SlipknoT
New Jersey?

sk8stuff09
they are cool....i liked them better when john nolan was still in the band, but when fred mascherino joined, he made them not as cool.... sad mad rock

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya I agree..and Adam(lead singer,that used to be hot) got alot uglier since the new guy joined..whats up with that?

Morgoths_Wrath
They're not bad, I didn't like their new album though I only liked 2 or 3 songs off it...but their first album wasn't bad at all (IMO). I liked it because it was different, and then all the 16 years olds started to worship the band and that kinda made me wish I didn't like them. Not one of my favorite bands, but I really don't think they're as bad as a lot of people think. I haven't seen them live, but I don't have a hard time believing they suck in concert.

and Timberwolves at New Jersey is probably my favorite song...well either that or You're So Last Summer.

Please don't flame me for liking them. Call it a guilty pleasure.

sk8stuff09
cute without the e (cut from the team) is a kick a$$ song, that influenced me to listen to them, i would say the 1st album is way better......john nolan was in it, of course.......i saw them live at warped tour, they were ok, adam's voice was kinda scratchy, but they sounded good with guitars and drum, etc..........did anyone know that there is a conflict between brand new and tbs, or something, or tbs and straylight run(jon nolan's new band).....something like that

BlackC@t
I love their song 'This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know),' it rocks! yes

I love it.

Alpha Centauri
"ya I agree..and Adam(lead singer,that used to be hot) got alot uglier since the new guy joined..whats up with that?"

Do you actually bother listening to the music?

I hate fangirls.

-AC

Korri
Im not a fan of Punk.

I too hate fangirls, i could never like a band just because the lead singer or whatever is "hot" that is so pathetic.

Deathblow
Ditto, ditto & ditto.

Alpha Centauri
How can you actually see this band perform live and unaided by a studio, then claim "They're not as bad as people think."?

The fact that they sound completely different and shit, when performing live, says alot about how enhanced they are on album. Which makes your musician licence null and void.

If you use studio engineering to the point that it alters your sound dramatically, you're no credible artist.

-AC

Df02
but at the end of the day, if u enjoy the album....studio engineering or not, u enjoy the album.
ur ability to play the songs u create doesnt change the fact that you've created a decent song to begin with.

but yea, they are bad live

Alpha Centauri
"ur ability to play the songs u create doesnt change the fact that you've created a decent song to begin with."

Yes but giving someone the tag of being a good/great band based on an album that isn't even them, is wrong.

Taking Back Sunday are shit. They are a shit band, anyone who has heard them live will be able to testify. They obviously use engineering beyond belief, defeats the purpose of making art.

-AC

Df02
not really... Beethoven created opera's, but he didnt always play them or sing them. doesnt change the fact that he made a pretty decent piece of music

im not even saying TBS are that good, im just saying that they have created some pretty decent songs... however crap they are live

Alpha Centauri
They have been the catalyst for what you believe to be decent songs. Quite obviously created shit songs and used technology to clean em up.

I don't tolerate that amount of falseness. To each their own though.

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath
I've seen The Mars Volta live...

have you, AC?

Morgoths_Wrath
I think you know what I'm getting at...

Ronny
I DESPISE that song erm

ive heard it toooo much

BlackC@t
You do? cry

Enchanced or not, I like them.

Df02
exactly, The Mars Volta sound wank live. but they still make decent songs

Alpha Centauri
The Mars Volta don't sound "wank" live, to me. Because all of the band play perfectly well, Cedric is the only person a bit off. Which is understandable really.

Taking Back Sunday don't create anything close to being on par with The Mars Volta, they still manage to trash their own songs live.

-AC

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ok I have to agree even tho I love TBS they sound horrible live

Df02
the point wasnt the quality of music they make, its the fact that good bands dont necesarilly mean theyre great live.

when i saw Mars Volta there was no other word to describe them other than wank, out of time, squealing, everything was wrong lol. and my m8 saw At The Drive In and said they were even worse.

im not slating Mars Volta or ATDI, just saying they make great music, but cant pull it off live... theyre better than TBS no doubt about it, but ur slating TBS for the same problems MV and ATDI have

BlackC@t
Not too sure about wether seeing them live is good or not, but I enjoy listening to them on CD, computer or something.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but DF, those problems are down to opinion. I still think both bands were good live. I don't think there is anyway to describe TBS live other than diabolical.

BlackCat, isn't the point of being a band being able to put on a great live show and play live?

-AC

Df02
well how can u say 1 bands live experience is down to opinion and then say another is fact? u cant, thats just stupid

both are terrible live bands lol, simple as that...opinion doesnt come into it. either accept that both bands are terrible, fact, or accept that saying both bands are terrible live is an opinion...

Alpha Centauri
At The Drive-In were better live than The Mars Volta. They performed their songs to an enjoyable degree, it sounded like the songs. They were a good live band. The Mars Volta, from what I've seen, aren't as good due to not having as many good members but even then they perform to a degree that's enjoyable, that's coming from someone who as you can see is big on live performance.

With Taking Back Sunday, I find the difference from in studio and on stage to be far too great. It's diabolical. I would easily put ATD-I and TMV over them in terms of live performance. Whilst you are correct, I can't place TBS as being a FACTUALLY crap live band, it's not scientifically provable nor is anything in music, but it's pretty much all there for the deducing. It's pretty obvious and it's as near-fact as you're gonna get. The live performance difference between At The Drive-In, The Mars Volta and Taking Back Sunday is fairly large. I can tolerate and enjoy listening to alot of live stuff but the former two bands, whilst listening to Taking Back Sunday live made my ears hurt.

"the point wasnt the quality of music they make, its the fact that good bands dont necesarilly mean theyre great live."

Yes but you're missing my point. Metallica don't sound EXACTLY like they do on record for the simple reason that James stands there recording his vocals, he doesn't have to stand there playing lightspeed riffs while singing. Just like Cedric probably doesn't completely spaz out in the studio as he does on stage, it obviously puts a difference on the performance. Taking Back Sunday don't do any of that, they pretty much stand there singing and walking around the stage. I find it terrible that all things considered, they sound THAT terrible for no good reason. It's actually nothing more than noise and drone. Cedric can sing well, Omar can play well. I don't think Taking Back Sunday do either.

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath
new album came out today

Neo_Version 7
"MakeDamnSure" is pretty good. big grin

jaden101
didn't kerrang describe taking back sunday's new album as something like "easily the best album of 2006"

mmm...interesting

Bierbommetje
A good band is about writing good songs

Being good live is a nice bonus, but not a neccasity for being a good band. It's kinda like listening to a band you haven't heard live on record, digging the songwriting, then hearing how rubbish they are live, and actually thinking the songwriting sucks from that point on... makes little sense. But thats just my opinion.

Sorry for bringing up that age-old argument, wasnt involved back then, I felt like doing my say on it.

By the way, I don't think ive ever heard a single TBS, but judging by this thread, I think Im not missing much. Doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
didn't kerrang describe taking back sunday's new album as something like "easily the best album of 2006"

mmm...interesting

A single reviewer said he/she thinks it will be one of, yes. Hence why there are always vastly different end of year lists for each writer.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A single reviewer said he/she thinks it will be one of, yes. Hence why there are always vastly different end of year lists for each writer.

-AC

tell that to the people who made the tv spot advertising the album

they make quite a point of it

Alpha Centauri
Yes, using what reference? The five K review that one writer gave it.

Not sure where the problem is there. I've actually seen writers in that magazine slate Taking Back Sunday to no end. Makes no difference to me, don't like the band. Other magazines have done worse. IE: Arctic Monkeys having the 5th best British rock album of all time.

But we've been here before.

-AC

jaden101
Yes, using what reference? The five K review that one writer gave it.

Not sure where the problem is there. I've actually seen writers in that magazine slate Taking Back Sunday to no end. Makes no difference to me, don't like the band. Other magazines have done worse. IE: Arctic Monkeys having the 5th best British rock album of all time.

But we've been here before.

-AC

cant say i like taking back sunday either...in fact my dislike is on par with yours

and yes...we have been here before...and no...the ad doesn't say that "mr dooda" from kerrang says its the best album of 2006...it merely says that kerrang says its the best album of 2006

when you know...i know...and probably most of the people who write for kerrang know...that it isn't even the best album released this week

papabeard
$

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
cant say i like taking back sunday either...in fact my dislike is on par with yours

and yes...we have been here before...and no...the ad doesn't say that "mr dooda" from kerrang says its the best album of 2006...it merely says that kerrang says its the best album of 2006

when you know...i know...and probably most of the people who write for kerrang know...that it isn't even the best album released this week

Of course it says that, they can't just randomly have the reviewers name. Never do, it's always the publication title.

I have the issue where it got reviewed, one guy said it will be one of the best albums of 06. Entirely up to him. I disagree fully, but that's what a review is, an opinion. I'm sure there are people are Kerrang who agree and I know there are many who don't.

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm wondering if either of you even heard it yet...

Alpha Centauri
That wouldn't matter, would it?

In my opinion, Taking Back Sunday will never produce an album worthy of being the best album of any year, I think they're just another ex-scene band realising that the scene they come from is under constant scrutiny, and trying to make it as another run-of-the-mill rock band.

A fan of them however (like the aforementioned reviewer) may believe otherwise.

-AC

Bierbommetje
That wouldn't matter, would it?

Seriously, you can't have an opinion on something you've never heard. At least not a credible one...

Alpha Centauri
I'm not judging the album as if I've heard it. I'm judging it from the safe personal point of view of someone who dislikes the music that Taking Back Sunday make.

They'll most likely never make any music I like, at all. I have no reason to believe this album is any different.

That said, even if I did, they'd never be my album of the year.

-AC

Neo_Version 7
Bump. no expression

You're So Last Summer is awesome.

Punkrocker182
I love taking back sunday i want their new album but i don't know where to get it from

Bardock42
Originally posted by Punkrocker182
I love taking back sunday i want their new album but i don't know where to get it from

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/202-0800229-0225415?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=blended&field-keywords=Taking%20Back%20Sunday. Enjoy

LBC&CTH
I love Taking Back Sunday
Not as much as Lucky Boys Confusion,
But I still love them

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
ya I agree..and Adam(lead singer,that used to be hot) got alot uglier since the new guy joined..whats up with that?

ew, I used to be an idiot...

LBC&CTH
haha,
I liked Adam when they did the "Great Romances Of The 20th Century" video

.Dance_Inside.
I saw them in concert a few weeks ago, Adam's voice has improved so much live. Probably because he used to go on stage drunk or high and his voice would suck, now he doesn't do that and his voice is very nice big grin

LBC&CTH
lol, yes it has
I love his voice now.
Ive never been to a concert,
Ive never been to any concert, actualy....
sad I wanna go to a concert now crybaby

Bardock42
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
I saw them in concert a few weeks ago, Adam's voice has improved so much live. Probably because he used to go on stage drunk or high and his voice would suck, now he doesn't do that and his voice is very nice big grin

I disagree....taking drugs generally makes those peoples music better...just think about what Mike Patton could do if he's just take a lil bit LSD droolio

TPS
I love Taking Back Sunday

RedAlertv2
Taking Back Sunday are just a watered-down copy of Northstar.

BlackC@
I use to really like Taking Back Sunday.

But now, their music just seems immature. By that I mean it lacks ANY sophistication to the lyrics and their meaning, doesn't seem to make any sense, and seems to be made up of the first thing that comes to mind.

I've grown out of them.

Alpha Centauri
They've always been immature.

-AC

SelphieT
I really don't like them. Just too.............moody.

Leo.M
LOVE this band. droolio love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.