Victoria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Did anyone see the documentary at the weekend on ITV 'Being Victoria Beckham'? I thought she came across really well.

ITV2 showed the version with loads of the outtakes on Wednesday night, have only seen about 1/2 of that so far, but it looks good so far.

I think David and Victoria Beckham have really weathered the storm of the last few years well.

David Beckham is now a national hero, captain of the England squad and not the dumb ass a lot of people took him for a few years back.

The same can be said of Victoria, she's definitely shrugged of the remnants of the 'Spice Girl' days and whether you like or hate her music, you have to admire her determination and tenacity.

ToMacco
Sorry, don't know what you're talking about. sad

Ratcat
Well no, but then you are an American...

I was kinda hoping there were enough Europeans around here to comment.... sad

Oh well, nay mind.

LanceWindu
There are enough European's here, but it looks like they don't care for whatever it is you were asking about.

Ratcat
I guess not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, don't say anything for a couple of weeks and they start ignoring ya. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

LanceWindu
laughing out loud laughing out loud

I guess you got lost in all of the other posts that have come up since you dissappered for a while.

Ushgarak
I'd be surprised if no-one else from Britain comments, him being England's biggest celebrity.

I remember when Beckham got sent off against Argentina, David Baddiel and Frank Skinner on their brilliant show 'Fantasy Football' predicted that in three years time, everyon would have forgiven him and he'd be a big hero. I don;t think ANY of my friends believed him, so caught up were they in Beckham-hate at the time.

And they were dead right, weren't they? No-one cares any more, whilst at the time England fans would have lynched him.

Ratcat
Yes, yes, that must be it..... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Ushgarak
And I admire the resilience of ANY couple willing to be interviewed by Ali G.

finti
He is still a moron though

Raz
Who Beckham? Nah! Hes Britains Hero big grin

And Posh....blah! The only reason shes famous is because of Beckham! IMO.

Ushgarak
I think being a Spice Girl probably helped.

Raz
I meant NOW. No one talks about the other Spice Girls and the only reason shes in the papers is because shes married to Beckham.

Anybody know what Baby Spice is up to? No?

Ushgarak
Well, it's only a year since Emma Bunton topped the charts (more than Posh has done lately) and she was in the newspapers on tuesday because she has signed a new deal with the manager the Spice Girls sacked a few years back.

Raz
I don't see any programmes dedicated to the very "talented" young woman though wink

Ushgarak
It's the fusion of it that has made Posh what she is though, isn't it? If she was 'just; David Beckham's wife, people might know her name but she wouldn;t be the celebrity she was and they wouldn;t be the couple that they are.

But that David married a SPICE GIRL, people who still command some attention years after they fell apart... well, THAT was quite something. That is the foundation of her celebrity status. She didn't get it just for being his wife.

And hang on... I DO remember a programme about Baby Spice last year!

Raz
*IMO* David Beckham would have been as famous, possibly not for his private life though, if he hadn't married Posh. Thats because hes famous for his talent.

Posh on the other hand isn't *IMO* famous for her solo singing or talents for that matter, and Spice Girls are just stale ATM.

She did? Was it on prime time on the most watched TV channel in the UK?

Ushgarak
Err, I think it was Channel 4...

Hey! I LIKE Channel 4!

Raz
I never said I hated it confused

Its still low profile though.

So Ush, do you think she has talent? Are you a fan?

Ratcat
Ah Channel 4, the non thinking mans BBC2. laughing out loud

To be fair to Victoria Beckham, I think she is much more deserving of a documentary than any of the other ex-spice girls. Just look at the running.

Mel B: One Failed Marraige, a nearly illegitimate child

Geri: The list is too long, AND she already had her documentary last year.

Emma B: Talentless and immature

Mel C: Probably the most talented as a singer, but where has she been recently????

Personally I think BOTH of of the Beckhams have worked extremely hard to get where they are today, and that was very evident in the documentary. But then that's just one opinion.

Love em or hate em, each to their own.

Ratcat
I think he was 9/10ths of the way there before they met anyway, so I would agree with you on that statement.

However, she made her name with the Spice Girls long before she met him also.

Ushgarak
Errr, no, I'm not a fan. I never could stand the Spice Girls. Though I hardly go out of my way to actively hate them.

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud Ush is a Spice girls fan laughing out loud

Mujaffa
Beckham will always be a moron unless he divorces posh and leaves Man Utd... (and perhaps joins Liverpool).....rolling on floor laughing cool

finti
He is a great footballer but his talent is in his legs, not in his head

Raz
Does he need talent in his head?

finti
It sometimes help when people from the world wide tv networks asks really very simple questions cool

Raz
Oh well, as long as he plays good football cool

finti
for England yes, for Man U NO

Ratcat
Hmmmm, well I don't think he's quite as 'thick' as a lot of people make out. There are sometimes other factors involved in being good and press conferences, intelligence is probably, by far, the least important.

finti
well I was refering to some of his answers in a program about him on MUTV. The reporter did his best to help him with hinting stuff but poor ol David was clueless. But with that said he aint the only football player that in my mind would be considered plain dumb. What can one expect when they quit school at the age of 13 only to concentrate on a futuristic fotball career.

mechmoggy
The man is just plain thick, but greatly talented.
She, on the other hand, lacks talent.

In that interview she was moaning about how alone she felt as a kid and how her weight problems were tough. What a load of crap, her old man was minted so what little problems she had were nothing.

I'm not gonna go off on one, but if she thinks she had problems then she should look at Mrs.MM's childhood. Her dad was an abusive drunk, they hardly ever had food in the house and the house was usually smashed up from one of his rages. When Mrs.MM moved out and in with my parents she would shake like a leaf all the time and have panic attacks.

mad Stupid rich kid mad

Ratcat
Just because he father had money, which incidently he made himself through very hard work, it does not follow that she did not have problems as a child.

Sure, what you have described from Mrs. MM sounds undeniably bad, but it also sounds like an extreme case.

Many children grow up feeling immensely unhappy, for many different reasons. Being in a family with money, a nice house, etc doe not always mean that you are happy.

Additionally, some of the problems that Victoria Beckham faced as a child were as a consequence of the fact that he family did have money.

Happiness is something that can only be measured by the individual, and each persons scale is different.

Ushgarak
Yeah., I agree. I remember hating the Song 'Streets of London' when I was younger. The basic message behind that song seemed to be that because there were some people worse off than you, you were not ALLOWED to be unhappy. What rot!

finti
Roger Withaker does a good version of that song though

mechmoggy
I'm not saying that she isn't allowed to feel unhappy, I'm merely comparing her small problems to some serious ones. She used the program as a way of expressing her unhappiness as a child, at which stage everyone thinks thier problems are bigger than everyone elses. But this was coming from a grown woman who should be saying, "yeah I was unhappy, but I realise that I was more fotunate than most". That's my point.

I understand that everyone feels different about situations also, for example I often worry about stupid things if I've got nothing more important to worry about. Silly, I know, but I don't realise it until something really worrying comes along like my fathers recent illness.

Ratcat
Actually Mech, I got the impression that she saying just that.

BTW, I in no way intended to diminish what your were relatng about Mrs.MMs experience.

Raz
I agree with MM ....that TV programme was just a threpy session for her......it was pretty crappy.

Next time they should dedicated it to someone who is actually interesting!

Julie
Well not everyone in the world is interesting, but they need to fill in the time to entertain people wink
BTW Who's Victoria?

Ratcat
Victoria Beckham. (Used to be Posh Spice)

Um, Raz, just because it wasn't interesting to you doesn't mean it was interesting to other people... As individuals we all have our own tastes, likes and dislikes, etc and obviously opinions.

For instance, I personally can't stand Bjork, but if a TV program was made about here I'd just not watch it. On the flip side, Tex would probably want to watch it, rave about it and post about it.

Diversity is what makes this would interesting.

What I am saying is that this is just one programme, looking at one person. I'm sure there are others that have been made that you DO like, why not start a topic about them?

Raz
Giving opinions also adds to this diversity you talk of.

I never said it should have been banned. It should IMO not been on prime time tv. I just think its sad when people care too much about a so called star just because they get newspaper publicity.

Oh yes.....Never Mind the Buzzcocks was great big grin smokin'

Ratcat
Yes, it does, I was just saying. I think we're on the same wavelength with that.

And yes, Never Mind the Buzzcocks was (an is) great!!! big grin

mechmoggy
I suppose in reflection that my opinion is a little biased where Posh is concerned because I don't like her anyway. I just gets on my threpenny's that she had another program dedicated to her, when I feel her musical career has been stagnant for a while.

finti
I dont like her either and she has the musical talent of an unborn

mechmoggy
laughing out loud An unborn what, llama?

finti
an unborn non musical Llama

mechmoggy
Finti, they're like rocking horse sh*t. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
only people without taste buys their music rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.